Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075257 times)

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4140 on: August 25, 2010, 07:29:24 am »

I'm not sure about longest or most recaps, but Wolf's Rain has 4 recap episodes...ALL IN A ROW.  AND THEY ALL COVER THE SAME EVENTS.  Keep in mind that it's also a 26 episode series. (4 OVAs were added later, probably to make up for that garbage)

They ran out of money to complete the series and ended up needing to do the 4 recaps, but managed to get enough to do the OVAs later.
Do the ovas fill in those 4 eps? Or are they a continuation?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: August 25, 2010, 08:54:25 am »

They're a continuation of what happens after the last episode(Though maybe they would have been the last episodes if that hadn't happened)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: August 25, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

Finished episodes 53, 54, and 55 of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

This is amazing, this show is amazing.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: August 25, 2010, 03:50:09 pm »

Started watching FMA:B.
Al's Female VA is really irritating. Manly metal things should not sound like girls impersonating young boys.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

Well, he is a young boy.  And an older female actor is definitely preferable to a child actor.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: August 25, 2010, 04:21:58 pm »

Well, he is a young boy.  And an older female actor is definitely preferable to a child actor.
The voice actor is obviously female. Its irritating.
For Ergo Proxy, I just pretend that Daedalus is a female (even though she/he is canonically a male), since the voice is feminine and her/his style quite androgynous, especially since the baddie overly physical toward him/her. (Anyone else done this?)
With a metal suit of armor, and constant brother statements, hard to do that. -_-

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: August 25, 2010, 04:22:34 pm »

I always thought it was funny all young boys are voiced by old woman, I can hardly even tell.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:40 pm »

OH WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

It has been brought into my knowledge by a friend of mine that the same guy that voices Mustang also voiced Lloyd.

The very same guy.

And he's Irish.

His surname is O'Brien.

Dakk cancels think: Mind blown.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: August 26, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »

I always thought it was funny all young boys are voiced by old woman, I can hardly even tell.
Not really unique to anime.  It's probably difficult to take a clear voice sample from a child anyway.

OH WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

It has been brought into my knowledge by a friend of mine that the same guy that voices Mustang also voiced Lloyd.

The very same guy.

And he's Irish.

His surname is O'Brien.

Dakk cancels think: Mind blown.
What.

No really, what??  Roy Mustang also sounds significantly more masculine in the dub.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: August 26, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »

If you had an epic, shapeshifting chrome arm and leg with nerves and full motor control, would you want your fleshy arm and leg back? I mean, the automail seems to be all pros and no cons, since nobody even realizes he has it on...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: August 26, 2010, 01:56:11 pm »

If you had an epic, shapeshifting chrome arm and leg with nerves and full motor control, would you want your fleshy arm and leg back? I mean, the automail seems to be all pros and no cons, since nobody even realizes he has it on...
Yeah, I never could figure out why Ed was so intent on getting his arm and leg back... Now Al had a serious problem, nigh-invulnerability or not, but Ed was perfectly fine.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: August 26, 2010, 02:00:18 pm »

Yeah, I never could figure out why Ed was so intent on getting his arm and leg back... Now Al had a serious problem, nigh-invulnerability or not, but Ed was perfectly fine.

Probably because it's a symbol of a failure he'd rather forget.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:32 pm »

Also, WHY would you possibly animate JUST the helmet of a piece of armor. IT DOES NOTHING. One of the most obvious and irritating Deus Ex Machina iv'e seen in a long time... If they were going to animate the brothers they should have used two suits of armor, to actually make use of both of them...

Screw symbols of regret! He has a cyborg arm thingy.

I like proud of family dude (hughes?). Haven't seen a character like him very often, but I know people like him.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:36:59 pm by Lawton »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: August 26, 2010, 03:04:23 pm »

Also, WHY would you possibly animate JUST the helmet of a piece of armor. IT DOES NOTHING. One of the most obvious and irritating Deus Ex Machina iv'e seen in a long time... If they were going to animate the brothers they should have used two suits of armor, to actually make use of both of them...

Screw symbols of regret! He has a cyborg arm thingy.

I like proud of family dude (hughes?). Haven't seen a character like him very often, but I know people like him.

That duo your talking about was created when they were experimenting with attaching souls to stuff and whatnot, thus its not surprising that they did it. Not to mention its partially effective since when the heads gone and it keeps talking people concentrate on the head and ignore the body which can now get up quietly and stab stab stab.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »

Makes a good distraction.  And they were created out of an experiment, rather than as guards, so maybe the experiment was "can we bind two people into the same set of armour?"
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2193