Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3071498 times)

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3855 on: August 05, 2010, 10:51:35 am »

Ahh. NaruTaru. I knew the happy episodes were a trap.

I need a short anime that will make me dawww and feel better now. This one was as depressing as NGE if not more so, but it doesn't come with a FLCL recovery. Maybe I will have to finish up TTGL

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: August 05, 2010, 02:42:58 pm »

Ahh. NaruTaru. I knew the happy episodes were a trap.

I need a short anime that will make me dawww and feel better now. This one was as depressing as NGE if not more so, but it doesn't come with a FLCL recovery. Maybe I will have to finish up TTGL

Are you kidding? All the popular animes are either sad or incomprehensible.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: August 05, 2010, 03:15:58 pm »

Like I said, finishing up TTGL I suppose. Black lagoon isn't sad, i could watch season two of that. Its too over the top to be sad. I have to admit though, I prefer the massive death of heroic characters to the horrifying Naru Taru survivors. MM. Higurashi or Darker than Black next for dark in my cycle, thats the question. I'm reading too much cyberpunk right now to deal with Lain, Akira or the other ones people recommended.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:19:59 pm by Lawton »

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: August 05, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

Darker than Black isn't really that dark, nor is Higurashi. I'd recommend Higurashi over DtB though.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: August 05, 2010, 05:29:02 pm »

Higurashi. Lolwhat is the tone? Its almost bipolar. Guy getting beaten - Guy getting beaten... At OLD MAID?
I will keep watching

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: August 05, 2010, 05:38:01 pm »

Black Lagoon was pretty good. It gets slight more screwed up on the seconds season with the twins, but despite all the blood, there's little gore. Its not overdone.

And as far as gainax goes, TTGL > diebuster|gunbuster > NGE > everything else. Even though I don't think I can compare NGE to the rest, its pretty dfferent.

Don't be dissin the old maid game, it gets pretty epic towards the end :P , don't expect any serious action though, just lols and mindfuck.

You might want to throw rocks at me, but you guys should seriously watch the Berserk anime. The animation is only good during the fight scenes, yes, there's alot of gore and blood, yes, and its also my favorite ho-yay of all time, being both Lol and d'awww worthy.
Don't expect any closure though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: August 05, 2010, 05:54:41 pm »

Black Lagoon was pretty good. It gets slight more screwed up on the seconds season with the twins, but despite all the blood, there's little gore. Its not overdone.

And as far as gainax goes, TTGL > diebuster|gunbuster > NGE > everything else. Even though I don't think I can compare NGE to the rest, its pretty dfferent.

Don't be dissin the old maid game, it gets pretty epic towards the end :P , don't expect any serious action though, just lols and mindfuck.

You might want to throw rocks at me, but you guys should seriously watch the Berserk anime. The animation is only good during the fight scenes, yes, there's alot of gore and blood, yes, and its also my favorite ho-yay of all time, being both Lol and d'awww worthy.

Yeah, the atmosphere of lols and mindscrew is obvious. Ill get to gunbuster and diebuster eventually, not in my priorities though.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:07 pm »

Yeah, the atmosphere of lols and mindscrew is obvious. Ill get to gunbuster and diebuster eventually, not in my priorities though.

Diebuster plays pretty much like a movie, you could watch it all in a day, if you're curious about it you should pause higurashi while you're on the beggining because, along with the 2nd season, it has nearly 50 episodes.
Gunbuster is only slightly longer.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »

Gunbuster = Very good

Diebuster = Horrid and foul on a level not yet measurable.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: August 05, 2010, 06:16:49 pm »

Gunbuster = Very good

Diebuster = Horrid and foul on a level not yet measurable.

This man lies. Nothing interesting happens during the first 3 or 4 episodes though, then it becomes TTGL epic.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:38 pm »

Isn't it only 6 episodes long? That's four episodes of raw, hard buttrape to the eyes that you have to endure before it actually 'gets good' for a measly 2 episodes.

Although, just to make sure, we ARE talking about THIS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diebuster

Right?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

JoshuaFH had an idea in the zombie preparedness thread. He thinks that we need an anime about zombies in mechs.

Who is in agreement?  :P
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: August 05, 2010, 06:26:51 pm »

Isn't it only 6 episodes long? That's four episodes of raw, hard buttrape to the eyes that you have to endure before it actually 'gets good' for a measly 2 episodes.

Right?

Indeed, whats so horrible about it? Yes its a considerable style change from gunbuster, but its still pretty good IMO. Its gunbuster with more cutesy stuff, tons of extra action and awesome inazuma kick.
Did I mention it inspired TTGL?
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: August 05, 2010, 06:29:05 pm »

JoshuaFH had an idea in the zombie preparedness thread. He thinks that we need an anime about zombies in mechs.

Damn straight we need an anime about zombies piloting mechs.

It could be some Sci-fantasy setting with the limbs of the zombies biologically grafted to the circuitry inside so they can move, and then set loose en masse against the poor defenseless countries of the world.

Right?

Indeed, whats so horrible about it? Yes its a considerable style change from gunbuster, but its still pretty good IMO. Its gunbuster with more cutesy stuff, tons of extra action and awesome inazuma kick.
Did I mention it inspired TTGL?

I guess we're just going to need to agree to disagree, because I couldn't finish it first time though watching, and I can't even read the wikipedia page without feeling bad.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: August 05, 2010, 06:30:51 pm »

All in favor say die.

(I have no idea what that pic is from past what the text says unfortunately.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2193