Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070633 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3810 on: July 28, 2010, 08:39:37 pm »

Episodes 5 & 6 of Lodoss War will begin streaming shortly!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:47 pm »

I would but I'm too tired. nevermind

Also strangely relevant to what I'm watching right now,
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:02:45 am by ToonyMan »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:10 pm »

Toony, that is terrible and awesome.

Also, next 2 episodes of Lodoss War will be streaming shortly. Just 2 more days and it's over! D:

On that note, I found that aside from Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, another much more modern series called Rune Knight is actually set in the same world... though it's a bit Slayer's-like and comical (...and veers towards Harem Anime, what with 4 female main characters, and one guy). I watched an episode though, and it didn't seem too bad. I might have to see if it gets better as it goes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: July 29, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »

VGcats did the same joke.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: July 29, 2010, 10:11:34 pm »

Everyone did that joke. It isn't too tough to mix "Notes" with "Lists"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: July 29, 2010, 11:03:15 pm »

On that note, I found that aside from Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, another much more modern series called Rune Knight is actually set in the same world... though it's a bit Slayer's-like and comical (...and veers towards Harem Anime, what with 4 female main characters, and one guy). I watched an episode though, and it didn't seem too bad. I might have to see if it gets better as it goes.

WHAT

I must see this thing!  I sat through the terrible CotHK just because I loved the OVA so much, and now I must experience this new horror.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:34 am »

Ach, sorry, it's called Rune Soldier Louie (Rui?). It's set in Alecrast, the mainland from which Lodoss broke... but from what I've seen, it has little to do with it aside from in name. If I can stomach it I may have to stream it, as a horrible impish anti-reward for the folks who went through RoLW with me.

Rune Soldier Louie USES HIS FISTS FOR EVERYDAY TASKS.

From what I can see, it seems to lean pretty heavily on jRPG elements in the story... so a bit tongue-in-cheek like Slayers. The main character is a meatheaded novice Sorcerer, who apparently punches his way through his problems, surrounded by a cadre of competent adventurer women, who resent him at first, but gradually come to appreciate him. I'd not be surprised if 10 episodes in, they're all vying for his affections.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: July 30, 2010, 01:43:30 am »

The comic I posted is like 3 years old so I'm sure it wouldn't be as obvious.

EDIT:
I'm on episode 7 of Death Note now, I'm starting to wonder how this can be another 30 episodes long.  Hrrmmmm don't say anything though.

So episode 8 is when he says those (in)famous words, "I'll take a potato chip and eat it!"
Hehehe

Spoiler: Episode 11 spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:41:30 am by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: July 30, 2010, 06:00:45 am »

I just finished watching Angel Beats, all 13 episodes of it, and I have to say that it was QUITE good!

Now, the to summarize, the last few episodes were very good, but it could have done a lot better by being more consistent.

I'll explain in full:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: July 30, 2010, 07:05:27 am »

I just finished watching Angel Beats, all 13 episodes of it, and I have to say that it was QUITE good!
Now, the to summarize, the last few episodes were very good, but it could have done a lot better by being more consistent.
Second part of the show felt quite unnatural to me, like they just had no idea how to proceed with the story and therefore filled it with random villains.
Last ep was, ummm, satisfactory tho, but providing more answers wouldn't hurt.
Show would be much better if they made first part (tenshi-as-enemy) slower-paced and spent screen time on character development.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: July 30, 2010, 07:18:23 am »

Second part of the show felt quite unnatural to me, like they just had no idea how to proceed with the story and therefore filled it with random villains.
Last ep was, ummm, satisfactory tho, but providing more answers wouldn't hurt.
Show would be much better if they made first part (tenshi-as-enemy) slower-paced and spent screen time on character development.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: July 30, 2010, 07:46:11 pm »

Alright, Lodoss 9 and 10 begin at the top of the hour, y'all. We're almost at the end of the OVA!

D,:

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: July 30, 2010, 09:15:40 pm »

I watched it a few weeks ago, but...
...I'm going to continue to recommend Clannad and Kanon (2006). They're both better than Angel Beats!, though lack the fight scenes. The comedy is still there, (especially in Clannad) but I think it's handled better, somewhat. The entire setting is rather more contemporary than fantasy, which makes it less jarring at least.

I'm pretty sure the comedy in Angel Beats! was used similarly to the comedy in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni -- it's aim was not explicitly to be funny, but to further the development of the characters and enable more empathy from the viewer during emotional scenes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:17:41 pm by Nolor »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3823 on: July 31, 2010, 02:44:40 am »

So, anyone who's current with Bleach, or just wants to read hilarious possibilities for the ending, a friend and I discussed some possible endings for the series. Enjoy.

Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: July 31, 2010, 08:15:26 am »

EDIT:
I'm on episode 7 of Death Note now, I'm starting to wonder how this can be another 30 episodes long.  Hrrmmmm don't say anything though.

There are two seasons.
One awesome season and one okay season.
Latter one has some new characters, which aren't as convincing as the former ones.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 2193