Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067627 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3570 on: July 10, 2010, 10:28:25 pm »

Bleach is not worth arguing over.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »

I can vouch for Tantei Gakuen Q -- it's really light on the violence and the mysteries are usually compelling, albeit contrived.

By pastry chef anime, do you mean Yumeiro Patissiere? I've only seen the first episode but it was kind of terrible (I'm also about as far away from their intended demographic as possible).

Another detective anime: Detective Conan. I hear it's pretty good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 10, 2010, 10:38:19 pm »

Another detective anime: Detective Conan. I hear it's pretty good.
Yeah I think so.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 10, 2010, 10:42:24 pm »

do you mean Yumeiro Patissiere? I've only seen the first episode but it was kind of terrible

Yep and indeed it was REALLY terrible. Demographic or not what were the writers thinking?

Too bad, Id love to see a good cooking anime.

There was one I seen a while back, I probably wouldn't want to see it again, but basically it was the most extreme cooking anime ever (not Fighting Foodons). One challenge they had to prepare a whole net of Lobster.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 10, 2010, 10:49:07 pm »

Never understood how people can watch things like bleach/one piece/naruto. Even 64 eps are too much by my standards, and I barely managed to finish Monster even tho it was quite good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 10, 2010, 10:54:35 pm »

Never understood how people can watch things like bleach/one piece/naruto. Even 64 eps are too much by my standards, and I barely managed to finish Monster even tho it was quite good.

When you watch a show once or twice a week... It can be quite tollerable.

Some shows are a LOT easier to watch when you don't see them one after the other.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3576 on: July 10, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »

Right now I am trying to find a non-violent anime (not that there can't be violence or murder for example... just that it shouldn't be in focus) or a detective Anime.

Hopefully something not dark and depressing (it can have depth... but I don't want a series made to make you cry the whole time unless it is about the slow build up to happyness)

Hmm... Oddly enough, Death Note might work, even though the focus is the indirect killing of people, but it hardly ever shows it, and it has a strong sense of "detective" and psychological chess games, etc.

Was one of those The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? One of the names you suggested sounded like it, but it was wrong in very ciritcal spots. Another good option though.

Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima are good mangas, though adult humor is mixed in (Not sure what your take on that is). Ergo Proxy can also be a good choice...
Zoids, maybe. Sanctioned bot-fighting-ness stuff, so there's violence, but very rarely bodily hard (from what I can remember of it).

Spiral would seem right up your alley.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 10, 2010, 11:22:54 pm »

Enjoyed the newest episode of Bleach.  I was wondering when the "yep we're doomed" feeling was gonna kick back in.  Although I'm sure it's only a slight doomed feeling, it's more than what's been going on for a while anyway.

Also looked up Gurren Lagann recently, I'm on episode 2 and somewhat enjoying myself.  Still wincing at the mechas, my first real experience with non-Gundam anime mechas was Big O, so anything that reminds me of the zords from Power Ranges just makes me wince.  Also, Kamina seems a lot less gay now that the token effeminate gay character is now present and hitting on Kamina every two seconds.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:27:48 pm by Euld »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: July 10, 2010, 11:27:18 pm »

Just watched episode 22 of FMA:B.

Still my favorite currently running show.  That means every TV show ever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 10, 2010, 11:36:31 pm »

Is there a term for an adult who seems to gain some sort of enjoyment watching children's programming?

I am quite embarassed to admit that I am sort of noticing I do enjoy such shows >_> (Not really young stuff mind you...)

That Yumeiro Patissiere seems to be a lot more tollerable after the first HORRID episode.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:40:38 pm by Neonivek »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 11, 2010, 12:08:53 am »

Pedotainmentphile?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 11, 2010, 12:29:31 am »

Pedotainmentphile?

HEH!

I hardly LOVE it... I just actually can enjoy it. I am not turned off by it. (except really childish stuff...)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 11, 2010, 12:32:30 am »

Kid shows can be good, take the lion king, or card captor sakura. The authors put huge amounts of storyline into it even thought they knew little kids would completely miss everything XD

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: July 11, 2010, 01:18:03 am »

Kid shows can be good, take the lion king, or card captor sakura. The authors put huge amounts of storyline into it even thought they knew little kids would completely miss everything XD

I like some of the themes that are in shows made for the younger generation that you don't see in more adult work.

I guess I am too soft hearted

If the Lionking was made for an adult audiance then Simba would have probably become a murderer so he could kill scar... or a drug addict.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:20:50 am by Neonivek »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 11, 2010, 01:27:16 am »

I sort of share a similar taste. Of storybook worlds and clear cut good and evil and things working on different levels for children and adults and stories that constantly try to stay engaging because little kids have short attention spans.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 2193