Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067296 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3555 on: July 10, 2010, 06:02:56 pm »

I hated the first Dragonball.

How much different is Z?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 10, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »

Less silly, more drawn out fighting.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 10, 2010, 06:09:13 pm »

And by this: There's a part in the series that has 5 episodes of fighting when the world they're on is supposed to explode in 5 minutes. They end up drawing out 5 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour long fight.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:12:42 pm by Lokii »
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 10, 2010, 06:12:04 pm »

Don't be ridiculous, they're just so amped up on adrenaline that it just seems like 2 1/2 hours.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: July 10, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »

Manly Muscles.

Yes.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 10, 2010, 06:45:17 pm »

Alright, so Wakfu. Episode 25 is where shit goes down and things get kinda good. And Grovy becomes Kamina and the old guy gets a Giga Drill.

Unfortunately only one more episode before the season ends and no more episodes to watch.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 10, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »

And by this: There's a part in the series that has 5 episodes of fighting when the world they're on is supposed to explode in 5 minutes. They end up drawing out 5 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour long fight.

/sigh

Frieza makes a comment on the length of the fight and how much longer the planet has been holding up, and he remarks that quite surprising.

His line was along "This is a tough old bird."

However its a bit cloudier then that, through this part of the fight Frieza is trying to bluff SSJ Goku to withdraw as Frieza saw there was a decent chance he was going to lose.

Honestly, almost pointless to talk about DBZ as its gets confused for its parodies of its parodies. It apparently gets lost that DBZ is over twenty years old but still noteworthy to talk about. No one really seems to ever talk about its recurrent themes. Its environment designs, its fighting choreography, its recurrent humor ect.

Its gets lost that what are seen as tropes and cliche for Naruto, or god awful Bleach, or Soul Eater, ect... were brought to an epitome and set as a standard with DB/Z.

Dragonball and Z is the Shonen action anime. If you're interested in the genre, it'll act a step by step guide.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 10, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »

I've seen Full Metal Alchemist and Gurren Lagann and pretty much no other anime(except a bit of DBZ... amazing how much one can talk while fighting). Both were extremely awesome. Any suggestions on what to watch next?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 10, 2010, 09:44:39 pm »

Bleach. Because Bleach is awesome.

:)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3564 on: July 10, 2010, 09:56:02 pm »

I've seen Full Metal Alchemist and Gurren Lagann and pretty much no other anime(except a bit of DBZ... amazing how much one can talk while fighting). Both were extremely awesome. Any suggestions on what to watch next?

Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tenchi Muyo (The original), Tenjho Tenge, Ergo Proxy, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Spiral, Zoids...

Read (Not watch) Soul Eater, Shaman King...

You'll probably really hate some of my suggestions, but there's enough diversity that you'll find SOMETHING you like in there.

Also, I miss Toonami. =(
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 10, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

Bleach is horrid. It has little redeeming quality. Makes very little internal sense. Its story telling is lazy. It tells you instead of showing. It doesn't know how to make use of comedic devices. It starts off lost as to what genre its suppose to be. Its choreography is subpar for its fighting. It ignores huge swath of character development.

Watch Soul Eater. It has nearly the same premise as Bleach, but unlike Bleach it has substance.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 09:58:19 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 10, 2010, 10:04:23 pm »

:'(

I was thinking bout watching Soul Eater sometime though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 10, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

Right now I am trying to find a non-violent anime (not that there can't be violence or murder for example... just that it shouldn't be in focus) or a detective Anime.

The last one I watched started off strong but sort of got worse as it gone along... (Detective series with two detectives that they go bath and forth on.)

Ill see if this pastry chef anime is any good but if anyone has any good ones that arn't Luckystar, Amaza Dioh (spelled incorrectly), or Horimah Suzumioh (spelled incorrectly)... I'd love to hear it.

Hopefully something not dark and depressing (it can have depth... but I don't want a series made to make you cry the whole time unless it is about the slow build up to happyness)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:33 pm »

I've not seen it, so I have no clue how good it is, but a friend of mine had been watching this on TV and wouldn't stop talking about it.
I've not really seen much detective anime.
There's Ghost in the Shell, but that's pretty violent, and Oni-Tensei, which is a hentai series that's also incredibly violent.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 10, 2010, 10:27:43 pm »

Bleach is horrid. It has little redeeming quality. Makes very little internal sense. Its story telling is lazy. It tells you instead of showing. It doesn't know how to make use of comedic devices. It starts off lost as to what genre its suppose to be. Its choreography is subpar for its fighting. It ignores huge swath of character development.

Watch Soul Eater. It has nearly the same premise as Bleach, but unlike Bleach it has substance.
Bleach is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 2193