Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066236 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3285 on: June 13, 2010, 05:34:32 am »

Hi!

I am watching paranoia agent, and I am on the episode with zebra, seagull, and the little girl
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why in the world does the last scene flash to a condom vending machine??? I just don't get it.
WAIT WHAT? HOW DOES HE
Also, screw the whole 5 minutes of intro/outro. At least american shows are like 1 minute each...
Also, I feel like this series should be named shounen bat, but it isn't...

Well, IIRC, the episode title is "Bright Family Planning", which normally condom usage would be a part of.
As for the other thing that confused you, I have to admit that I don't remember the particulars of that episode in such detail, but it might be
The title of the series is very fitting once you reach the end of it.

Deathworks

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 13, 2010, 06:27:17 am »

Yeah Paranoia Agent was one of my first animes, it was very mindfuckish but also awesome at the same time, i really loved the one off episodes which had no connection to anything, like the one with the women in the courtyard gossiping everything, that one was awesome.
Also new episode of FMA tonight, can't wait to see what the hell are they going to do now
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: June 13, 2010, 07:26:59 am »

Yeah Paranoia Agent was one of my first animes, it was very mindfuckish but also awesome at the same time, i really loved the one off episodes which had no connection to anything, like the one with the women in the courtyard gossiping everything, that one was awesome.
Also new episode of FMA tonight, can't wait to see what the hell are they going to do now
That episode felt too fillery to me...

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: June 13, 2010, 07:37:19 am »

That episode felt too fillery to me...

Also, yeah, I got the idea that might be the case, but I didn't feel like there was anything that could have done it to them

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 13, 2010, 07:56:05 am »

Nah where i live all of it is for kids.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 13, 2010, 11:58:39 am »

Hi!

I am watching paranoia agent, and I am on the episode with zebra, seagull, and the little girl
Why in the world does the last scene flash to a condom vending machine??? I just don't get it.
WAIT WHAT? HOW DOES HE
Also, screw the whole 5 minutes of intro/outro. At least american shows are like 1 minute each...
Also, I feel like this series should be named shounen bat, but it isn't...

Well, IIRC, the episode title is "Bright Family Planning", which normally condom usage would be a part of.
As for the other thing that confused you, I have to admit that I don't remember the particulars of that episode in such detail, but it might be
The title of the series is very fitting once you reach the end of it.

Deathworks

My dub doesn't have episode titles -_-

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

You know how I was talking about

Well now,
Spoiler: episode 18 (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 13, 2010, 03:49:32 pm »

Speaking of which, the ending to the manga was pretty good.  Even if 111 pages is a ridiculous length for a manga chapter.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: June 13, 2010, 04:03:17 pm »

I am doing my best to not spoil myself, I'm actually liking a series and watching it consistently.

Getting spoiled would suck.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 13, 2010, 04:05:32 pm »

Yeah, unspoiledness is awesome.

I think I was fully unspoiled for Code Geass and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (using the tactic of "not telling any of my friends what I'm watching until I've finished it").

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 13, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »

Well the last episode of FMA was awesome, i mean, just when you think someone has reached a peak of badassery for the whole series someone tops it a few moments later, Ed for example has never been this awesome, also Kimblee makes an appereance(my hate for him is somewhat lessend now)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 13, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »

Any good new anime? I enjoy comedy.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 13, 2010, 08:24:55 pm »

Minami-ke is amusing. Depending on your tastes, there's Working and B Gata H Kei, both of which are nearly done airing. B Gata H Kei is pretty ecchi at times. I don't have anything particular to say about Working; most of its jokes are decent. Kaichou wa Maid-sama is funny at times, but with equal parts drama.

Going back a bit further, there's Hayate no Gotoku. The second season has significantly higher production values than the first, but the writing in both of them is solid for the most part. Plus the often fourth-wall breaking narrator/god is voiced by none other than Norio Wakamoto.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 14, 2010, 01:44:20 am »

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:31 am »

Hi!

My dub doesn't have episode titles -_-

Another reason for me to distrust dubs :) :)

If you go for Higurashi no naku koro ni (which I really, really, really (x 2000) recommend), I would also strongly recommend trying to get a subbed version as the original Japanese voice actors have done a marvellous job conveying the very complicated characters.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2193