Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066704 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #2985 on: May 15, 2010, 12:48:24 am »

Ghost in the Shell? What's that?

Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a serious sci-fi anime series.
Trailer.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 15, 2010, 01:01:28 am »

Dude. It's Japan. There is no anime without gratuitous large-breasted women. Other than the SUPER SERIOUS ONES, but, you know, Japan.
Just because it's drawn in a certain artistic style doesn't mean it was made in Japan.

...Anime usually means Japanese cartoon.
When I think anime, I think of the artistic style, which can range from chibi to extremely serious. Unfortunately, I don't see much of the latter in motion, only in still images.

Vin Diesel is an actor known for starring in a lot of R/PG-13 rated films so it's hard to find PG films he's in.

He's been in 1 PG film so far.
Ah. I never memorize actor names, unless they're Arnold Schwarzenneggar, Mark Hamill, or Harrison Ford.

Ghost in the Shell? What's that?

Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a serious sci-fi anime series.
Trailer.
What's with the spinning disc in front of that guy's face? Is that some kind of weird Japanese censorship or something?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 15, 2010, 01:15:02 am »

Only watch Ghost in the Shell if you can handle weird psychology shit, though. Ooorrr, just watch it for giant exploding robots.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 15, 2010, 02:30:30 am »

What's with the spinning disc in front of that guy's face? Is that some kind of weird Japanese censorship or something?

Laughing Man, a master hacker who edits out his face in videos so he can't be caught.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 15, 2010, 02:31:23 am »

Note that he also hacks your eyes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 15, 2010, 02:32:29 am »

I'm thinking of watching Cowboy Bebop. Should I go for the subs (if there are any) or go with the dub (if there are any)?

NOTE: I have no prior knowledge of said series, save for some cameos in funny Youtube videos that make no sense, or on forums.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 15, 2010, 02:44:01 am »

Note that he also hacks your eyes.

Note that he can only hack your eyes if you have these brain implant things that everyone ther than homeless people have

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: May 15, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

Naturally.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: May 15, 2010, 03:40:10 am »

I'm thinking of watching Cowboy Bebop. Should I go for the subs (if there are any) or go with the dub (if there are any)?

NOTE: I have no prior knowledge of said series, save for some cameos in funny Youtube videos that make no sense, or on forums.

I watched the dubbed version and it seemed fine; I don't know if the subs would be better.

Awesome series, though. Why is good anime often so bizarrely named?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 15, 2010, 05:45:00 am »

I don't think any of the anime I've watched took itself fully seriously.  Death Note might be an exception, but I was certainly beginning to suspect they were taking the piss at some points.  So... yeah.  Don't really watch science fiction anime, so can't help much.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: May 15, 2010, 07:17:15 am »

I watched the dubbed version and it seemed fine; I don't know if the subs would be better.

Primarily due to the different constructions of the Japanese an English languages, I believe.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 15, 2010, 12:44:03 pm »

The dubbing for Cowboy Bebop is widely regarded as one of the best(if not THE best) ever made for anime.
This doesn't mean that some of the secondary characters aren't dubbed quite badly(esp. in the first ep.), but as for the main cast it's really good.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 15, 2010, 12:54:49 pm »

Yeah cowboy bebop is dubbed well. So was Shuffle!, if you want to watch another good dub.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »

Spoiler: Umineko VNs (click to show/hide)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 15, 2010, 01:33:28 pm »

Serious animes I've watched/know of, you know, super serious?: Monster and.... Monster
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 2193