Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066074 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #2895 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »

Wow, the first Umineko VN was pretty awesome.  And the tea parties at the end actually help you understand rather than completely messing everything up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: May 09, 2010, 07:10:13 pm »

How's the translation?

I'm playing through the Higurashi VNs right now, and there are quite a few errors. It's not quite a blind idiot translation, but it's rather spotty in several places.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:59 pm »

I thought it was pretty good... if there were errors, there was nothing significant enough for me to notice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: May 09, 2010, 08:27:20 pm »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: May 09, 2010, 09:06:27 pm »

On another note, before I forget, there were some problems that I had with Monster:

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: May 09, 2010, 09:15:03 pm »

"THIS WOMEN DESERVES SOME SLAPS!"

Brilliant, i love it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 09, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »

On another note, before I forget, there were some problems that I had with Monster:

Goddammit, I have to go read this.  This and Blade of the Immortal  auuuuuugh so much good manga *flail*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: May 09, 2010, 09:39:10 pm »

I wonder if the manga is better than the anime.

Probably?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 09, 2010, 09:46:59 pm »

I wonder if the manga is better than the anime.

Probably?

Yeah, it usually is... I don't have the patience for most anime, actually.  There are notable exceptions, but nowadays I can't watch much without getting super-annoyed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 09, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »

I like manga and anime about the same :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: May 10, 2010, 01:04:44 am »

"THIS WOMEN DESERVES SOME SLAPS!"

"SHE SHOULD ALSO MAKE ME A SAMMICH"

/jk

I love Engrish.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: May 10, 2010, 01:22:24 am »

hooray for good bad translations

I'd read anything if the dialogue was hilariously translated, I wouldn't even care what it was about

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:56 am »

A properly done Fakesub can indeed be hilarious :P

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: May 10, 2010, 11:13:16 am »

manga better than anime?

hmm

i think they are better at different things
imo you can get away with more slapstick humor in manga than anime. e.g. the lupin  III manga works quite well despite being epically imature, but the non Myazka films are incredably lame.

Voice actors can bring alot of character that a manga cannot achieve (also bad voice actors can kill a character). Imo the cowbou bebop anime is much better than the manga. This is partly due to the action sequences in the manga not be very fluent.

Mangas can develope a deeper and longer plot better due to having no time or budget restrictions, of course some mangas e.g. Blame could probably be edited down by about a 3rd their content. I think the Akira and Nausicaa mangas exceed their anime counterparts because they can develope their plot much more.

Anime can achieve greater atmosphere more easily. the GITS manga is essentually a tongue in cheek cop series, where as the first film feels alot more like an atmospheric scifi thriller.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: May 10, 2010, 03:09:57 pm »

Yeah, I really love some anime: Wolf's Rain, Last Exile, etc.  It's just that by and large, I find anime doesn't work too well for me.

On the other hand, I hate reams of manga, too... so I suppose it's less that I like one thing more than another, and more that I notice my pickiness when it comes to anime.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 2193