Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064945 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #2760 on: May 02, 2010, 06:13:58 pm »

You go do that.

As for you Quinnr...both those shows are action-oriented so something similar?
I'd say Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, or something.  Something something.

WAIT WAIT I GOT IT

DRAGON BALL Z

Will look at Cowboy Bebop...

OH GOD NO. At least not if Dragon Ball Z is like the original Dragon Ball...that was HORRIBLE.

Hmm...on the OH GOD NO note, do not watch "Those who hunt elves". Basically, the whole plot is that the main characters strip the elves naked to find magical tattoos. If I had known this I probably would've bought a different anime, but as a Bay12er, a whole anime about hunting elves sounded cool.

Bwahaha I watched that anime, kinda amusing but its not that great of an anime. It did have a tank possessed with the soul of a cat or something though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:37 pm »

If you haven't already, watch the Yu-gi-oh and Dragon Ball Z abridged series.

They are hilarious.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:16 pm »

I figured it was an answer :D
I read all spoilers now, since I am not watching Gurren Lagann any more.

On that note, I need a new anime to watch. Bleach and Gurren Lagann are my fav animes, so something similar would be awesome.

Watch One Piece; also Bleach is still ongoing at 1 ep every week on toosdays from Dattebayo.

But yeah; if you liek Shonen, you must watch One Piece, great anime that, and at 450 episodes and counting it'll keep you going for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: May 02, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

But yeah; if you liek Shonen, you must watch One Piece, great anime that, and at 450 episodes and counting it'll keep you going for a loooooooooooooooong time.

I see that as a negative.
If a story can't be wrapped up in 50ish episodes then I'm not sure I have the motivation to sit through it all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 02, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »

Bah, I disagree.  The point is it's not suppose to "end" but ENTERTAIN.

Although, One Piece is suppose to end eventually.  It's like halfway or something.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 02, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »

Although, One Piece is suppose to end eventually.  It's like halfway or something.

It's not so bad if you started watching at the beginning, but watching 450+ episodes just to catch up is a bit much.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: May 02, 2010, 08:25:42 pm »

I'm watching Simoun, and it makes little to no sense.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: May 02, 2010, 08:28:06 pm »

It's not so bad if you started watching at the beginning, but watching 450+ episodes just to catch up is a bit much.

That's something completely different.  Doesn't make the show bad.

To copy a quote directly,
"# One Piece. Holy crap, One Piece. Add the Kudzu Plot  and Loads And Loads Of Characters, and you'll understand why it can be hard to catch up with the story.

* The sheer length and density of the plot can be so intimidating, it's tempting to skim really fast or skip whole chapters, often leading to missing a bunch of important details while skimming over earlier volumes that turn out to be really important later. Trust me, everyone has probably done it. "

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:54 pm »

So long as you watch more than 1 episode a week, you'll catch up.

If you spend a mere half hour every day watching 1 episode per day, you'll catch up in just over a year and a half. Two episodes a day will get you to catch up in about 38 weeks. Three and you'll be caught up in about 22 weeks.

Besides; why do you need to 'catch up'? Anime is entertainment, you don't have any less entertainment if you start watching from episode 1 now than i did when i started episode 1 like 3 years ago.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: May 02, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »

Never said it was a bad show.
I used to watch it on TV for a short while when it first came out.

This all reminds me, it's been about two-three months and I'm only halfway through Umineko.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 02, 2010, 10:13:16 pm »

Watched One Piece on TV...when it first came out?

Uh oh.

I see that as a negative.
If a story can't be wrapped up in 50ish episodes then I'm not sure I have the motivation to sit through it all.

Negative = Bad

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »

Never said it was a bad show.
I used to watch it on TV for a short while when it first came out.

This all reminds me, it's been about two-three months and I'm only halfway through Umineko.

It get's wierder, really, really wierder.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: May 02, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »

I tried watching that damn show, but I got a brain aneurysm and stopped. 
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:06 pm »

Yeahhh.

I'm about to watch the final episode. This shit does not make any sense at all ever.

I mean, it sort of kind of held a cohesive story together for the first half, even if it was a batshit crazy story. But in the second half it just goes off the deep end into utter nonsense.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: May 02, 2010, 11:52:52 pm »

I figured it was an answer :D
I read all spoilers now, since I am not watching Gurren Lagann any more.

On that note, I need a new anime to watch. Bleach and Gurren Lagann are my fav animes, so something similar would be awesome.

Watch One Piece; also Bleach is still ongoing at 1 ep every week on toosdays from Dattebayo.

I am watchin' One Piece.

Also, I like lots of episodes...I was sad when Gurren Lagann ended...but being short made the plot way more meaningful I think too.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2193