Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3068020 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1650 on: February 12, 2010, 04:47:28 pm »

Gurren Lagann ep 22:
A  gunman, piloting a giant gunman.
Oh wow.
I wonder what they come up next with. (Even bigger gunmen?)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:51 pm »

You have no freaking idea......Watch the second season.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 12, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »

There is no second season Micro.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:15 pm »

EDIT: Wait a second, I knew I recognised Lelouch's voice from somewhere!  And now he's started laughing again, I've realised where!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, (as far as English dubs go) Lelouch and Koizumi (from Haruhi) are voiced by the same person. I decided to rewatch Code Geass in English simply because of how great this is.

If you imagine all of Lelouch's lines as being said by Koizumi, the series instantly becomes hilarious, even especially during the most dramatic parts.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »

Gurren Lagann ep 22:
A  gunman, piloting a giant gunman.
Oh wow.
I wonder what they come up next with. (Even bigger gunmen?)
Is it Gunman or Ganmen? All of the subs I've watched have had it translated "Ganmen."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 12, 2010, 06:21:43 pm »

EDIT: Wait a second, I knew I recognised Lelouch's voice from somewhere!  And now he's started laughing again, I've realised where!

On the other hand, (as far as English dubs go) Lelouch and Koizumi (from Haruhi) are voiced by the same person. I decided to rewatch Code Geass in English simply because of how great this is.

If you imagine all of Lelouch's lines as being said by Koizumi, the series instantly becomes hilarious, even especially during the most dramatic parts.
Well, I'm watching the Japanese one with subs because... uh... it's the default option.  Actually, I seem to have done the same thing with everything I've watched.

Although I now need to avoid imagining his lines being said by Koisume anyway.  Hmm.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 12, 2010, 06:25:54 pm »

I think it's Gunman, to parody Gundam

And the second season to me is when he grows up.....

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »

That's the second arc, not the second season.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:18 pm »

Detroit Metal City continues to crack me up.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 12, 2010, 06:55:08 pm »

I think it's Gunman, to parody Gundam

And the second season to me is when he grows up.....

It's 'Ganmen', the reason being that Ganmen also means 'face', and if you look at the mechs they are basically giant faces.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 12, 2010, 07:53:06 pm »

I like anime.

I'm a big Shonen jump fan and created a successful Naruto Mush. Big DBZ fan, grew up with that really along with Ranma 1/2. Bleach confounds me. I dont get why bleach is popular. 8/ I watched a hundred episode, and found it lacking in a lot of ways.

I do like my giant meka, I am a hard meka fan. I like my meka 'realistic' and always looking for anime in that genre.

Currently watching Zoids the second series.

I'm willing to give everything a chance. I really enjoyed Kino Journeys, and Crayon Shin Chan.

Currently I'm looking for the anime adaption of Count of Monte Cristo, and Starship Trooper.

I watched  Ghost in the Machine on saturday night some time ago, and I was really into it. Then I was like 'Holy crap, Climax! That was awesome now for the conclusion and closure... what the god damn hell, why are there credits happening! That not the ending that the climax, dont fuck with man! Thusly, I havent been able to watch the actual series.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor was pretty fun... I'm really just rambling. I havent seen a lot of CG yet. Its been on my list to do so.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/mrwigggles This is a mostly up to date list of the animes I've seen.

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 12, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

I'm probably the only person that thinks it's funny that you say you like 'realistic' mecha programs, and then immediately say you're watching Zoids.

Though, the Count of Monte Cristo. What you're thinking of is Gankutsuou. Trippy, not entirely faithful to the book, but awesome nonetheless. I got through HS English class because of it though, so I'll never forget it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:03 pm »

I'm probably the only person that thinks it's funny that you say you like 'realistic' mecha programs, and then immediately say you're watching Zoids.

Though, the Count of Monte Cristo. What you're thinking of is Gankutsuou. Trippy, not entirely faithful to the book, but awesome nonetheless. I got through HS English class because of it though, so I'll never forget it.

Yea, I know it deviates and the art style is out there. I just generally dont remember the spelling of its title and havent found a decent torrent of it.

Also, I wasn't trying to say Zoids was realistic. Its not, by a long stretch. Just meka bubble gum. Giant robot going after one another.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 12, 2010, 08:21:53 pm »

I'm now trying to imagine how any show involving mecha can be realistic... hmm...

I watched quite a bit of Zoids aaaaaaaaages ago on Sky 1.  Iirc it ran 9am on sunday mornings when Yugioh or Pokemon weren't getting new episodes.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 12, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

Well realistic, would be in how they are used or built.

In Mobile Suit gundum, would be a lite realistic meka show as it gave the meka an actual background and purpose, as before then they had giant robots for the sake of giant robots. It was an anime that was had a good impact on the genre. Then you can have Heavy gear, which is a RPG book, but it treats its meka as heavy artillery. They get moved into action on flat beds, and suffer equipment malfunctions and ammo shortages. Then we can have Bubble Gum Crisis that respect the exponential weight issue of exo frame meka, and thusly keeps the meka in that series small compared with other meka series. Armored Trooper VOTOMS is a hard sci fi giant robot anime, where there are decent explanations for them. I like my real robot sub genre of giant mekas.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2193