Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070160 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1560 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:58 am »

I really liked Trigun and the Ghost in the Shell TV series (plus the movie sequel to season 2). Last Exile was very good, but the end was too hurried.

Strike witches was quite entertaining, despite the lack of pants.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 08, 2010, 12:52:22 am »

Hmm... has anyone seen Texhnolyze or Yukikaze?  They've been on my list of "stuff to watch" for maybe 6 years now, but I never got around to it >_>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:58:13 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:52 am »

Strike witches was quite entertaining, despite the lack of pants.

Is Strike Witches the one where famous historical fighter pilots are catgirls? Because that premise sounds deliciously wacky and completely horrible every time I hear it. It's actually watchable?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 08, 2010, 01:18:18 am »

That's pretty much it. Not only is it watchable, it's got a pretty good plot, the characters are pretty round for a 12 episode series, and the animation quality is consistently high. There's only two real drawbacks. First is the extreme amount of fanservice in the visuals, which may not be a drawback, depending on your point of view. The second, far more serious, flaw is that they seemed to run out of episodes too soon. the pacing of the series is great for the first eight episodes or so, but the last four have about ten episodes worth of plot in them, which renders the ending a little confused.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 08, 2010, 01:29:11 am »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:
Oh cmon, filler so early?
The animations start to look like utter crap and the whole episode is pointless and boring.

If many more like this one will come along, I rather rewatch CG.

That episode was done by a different person than the rest. Don't worry, it goes back to being awesome(gets much more awesome) afterwards.

Yeah, please forgive Episode 4, it's the only failing point of the entire series.
Oh, God... Having just started watching after seeing it mentioned here, I can see where the OP is coming from. Otherwise, I find this series amusing.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2010, 01:53:13 am »

TTGL achieved maximum ridiculosity ridiculously fast.
Then it broke past that.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 08, 2010, 03:00:22 am »

Hmm... has anyone seen Texhnolyze or Yukikaze?  They've been on my list of "stuff to watch" for maybe 6 years now, but I never got around to it >_>
I watched Texhnolyze some time ago. Definitely worth your time. It reminds me Ergo Proxy, but even more 'darker'.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:55 am »

I watched Texhnolyze some time ago. Definitely worth your time. It reminds me Ergo Proxy, but even more 'darker'.

Ah, Ergo Proxy was on the list, too.  I assume that EP is also worth one's time, then?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:00 am »

Ah, Ergo Proxy was on the list, too.  I assume that EP is also worth one's time, then?
Yes, its nice show overall if you enjoy post-apocalypse. Not a masterpiece tho, but solid 8/10 on MAL.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 08, 2010, 11:23:31 am »

TTGL achieved maximum ridiculosity ridiculously fast.
Then it broke past that.

TTGL reaches such levels of awesome that it leaves you literally and physically reeling and gasping, trying to process the amount of pure hotblooded epicness that is rammed into your head with a drill.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 08, 2010, 12:06:58 pm »

Arg! for those of you who likes strike witches it reminded me of another anime but i can't remember the name. The plot was that when people were born they were all girls and when they became 16 or something they can choose their gender at this underground lake. Before they choose their gender they are capable of piloting these machines that require 2 people to pilot them, and they make designs in the air that warp reality or soemthing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 08, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 08, 2010, 03:45:31 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 08, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

Ok, as much as I'm enjoying Code Geass

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 08, 2010, 04:08:48 pm »

Everyone knows that future dictatorships will have corporate backing.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2193