Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070106 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1545 on: February 07, 2010, 07:21:22 am »

I suppose Rozen Maiden probably ended up better too, considering its source material never actually properly finished.

Can you briefly describe Rozen Maiden, as I've never so much as even glanced at it.

Something I think is funny is compressing the premise of a show down to one sentence. For example, the premise of Monster is: A show where a Japanese neurosurgeon fights mega-Hitler.

Oh, there's anime thread here?
Just watched Umineko, and well, it sucks. First game is nice, but then it goes downhill. Battler does not make sense, and Beatriche looks like *your typical mad villain* instead of 1000-year old almighty witch. Higurashi was way better.

Glad to have you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 07, 2010, 07:25:24 am »

Well, I'll take the TvTropes "Better than it sounds" description for you (by the way - it's an awesome page).

Seven sisters fall asleep in the Victorian era and awaken in the 2000s. They begin to congregate around a reclusive Japanese boy while searching for their father, never once thinking that he might have died of old age.
And, uh, dolls.  And desu.

By the way, I can't seem to stop looking at that page.
Micromanage a collection of absent-minded, depressed, alcoholic midgets with beards into building an underground house in the middle of a hostile wilderness. The official motto of the game is "Losing is fun!"

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:59 am »

Since it is 7:30 here, I guess I will talk. The way I see Suzaku, is that he strives to be Lawful Good. But his actions as a soldier beg to differ. Supporting an evil empire that has racism and social darwinism just strikes me as something that a good character would never do. He wants to change it from the inside, but if he succedes only Japan will feel the benefits. What about the rest of the world? The way I see it, there is no way for him to become the Knight of One without having to help Britannia conquer more of the world and oppress more people.

Suzaku wants to be Lawful Good, but his actions just keep me from seeing him as good.

Still, there are several scenes where he is ready to sacrifice his live to save another or end the war to prevent more bloodshed and suffering, und Lelouch Geass prevents him from doing so.
And he doesn't support it, he just tries to bring him in a position where he can actually do something for the good of his people, while being a shining example that both nations have not to work against each other, but should cooperate.
Don't forget he did support Euphys plan of the special administrated zone of Japan.

It would only benefit Japan, but remember all the media.
Word would spread throughout the world and other nations would be also influenced by it.
After all you can only try changing the world in small steps ;)

Other Topic.
Gurren Lagann seems good that far.
The Characters might not be drawn as detailed as in other shows, but the animations, effects and voiceover makes up for it.
Lets see how the plot turns out.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 07, 2010, 08:17:26 am »

Oh yeah, and I finally looked it up.  It IS the same band doing the Code Geass ED that did the Rozen Maiden tracks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 07, 2010, 08:20:10 am »

Oh yeah, and I finally looked it up.  It IS the same band doing the Code Geass ED that did the Rozen Maiden tracks.

You did it again.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 07, 2010, 08:37:11 am »

It seemed like only yesterday I made that other, relevant post.  Mainly because it was yesterday.  This thread seems to go in fits and bursts :P.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 07, 2010, 03:59:58 pm »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:
Oh cmon, filler so early?
The animations start to look like utter crap and the whole episode is pointless and boring.

If many more like this one will come along, I rather rewatch CG.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 07, 2010, 04:07:57 pm »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:
The animations start to look like utter crap and the whole episode is pointless and boring.

That episode was done by a different person than the rest. Don't worry, it goes back to being awesome(gets much more awesome) afterwards.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 07, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »

Yeh, it's like a spiral, it keeps on going and getting better.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:

That episode was done by a different person than the rest. Don't worry, it goes back to being awesome(gets much more awesome) afterwards.

Yeah, please forgive Episode 4, it's the only failing point of the entire series.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 07, 2010, 04:31:50 pm »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:

Yeah, please forgive Episode 4, it's the only failing point of the entire series.

If you can skip an episode and not lose anything, do it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 07, 2010, 04:32:48 pm »

I seem to have some kind of OCD that prevents me from doing this.  Heck, I can't even skip the credits, usually.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 07, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »

Gurren Lagann Ep 4:

Actually, you can't skip it, since...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1558 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:21 pm »

FMA: Brotherhood on [as]. YAY!

About time they started playing new shows again (technically would count since the manga version it's based on is far different from the anime version 1.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 07, 2010, 11:02:29 pm »

the stories may veer a little, but FMA brotherhood has less quality then the first one.

If it does have a better story, it's lacking it everything else.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 2193