Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072046 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #1440 on: January 28, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »

*Cough Cough* Nihei Tsutomu *Cough Cough*

Yeh this guy kicks it, just discovered Biomega and BLAME myself. are there any other comics,films games etc like this
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:09:20 pm by de5me7 »
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 28, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »

He did Abara, which is what that second pic is from, and also NoiSe, which is a Prequel of sorts to BLAME. Also, one of his Assistants, Q. Hayashida did what amounts to my favorite manga ever. Which has a similar art direction, but also a lot of dark humor and a very original setting and set up.

Dorohedoro

It's licenced in america now, but that link has a couple of chapters up to let you try before you buy, and I'm sure you could always grab a torrent if that's your thing.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Hayashida is a woman, which surprised the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:44:38 pm by Creaca »

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 28, 2010, 06:15:09 pm »

ive found alot of online scans, i would post a link, but that would be immoral
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 31, 2010, 10:20:16 am »

So I finally got to see the second TTGL movie, Lagann-hen.

I won't spoil anything, as spoiling it would be... criminal, to say the least.

Just take my word for it that it's WAY better than the first movie, and while some footage from the main series is in it, there's TONS and TONS of new stuff.

Don't ask questions, just go see it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 02, 2010, 11:45:30 pm »

Enough with the Detective Conan!  I've been reading too much and burned myself out for awhile.  At least I got to see Kantia Kid or whatever.  Damn Conan is always right, reminds me of Phoenix Wright.  Who is always Wright.  Heheheh.

Watching Bleach now, I can't believe how much of a Anime geek I am now.  Ask me one year ago and I couldn't name anything, still can't, but whatever.  I'm on episode 40 something right now.

Still in Soul Society.

I really enjoy Bleach oddly enough, the awesome factor is getting to me.  It's funny at time and makes me actually laugh.  At the same time I feel the awe when something crazy dramatic happens.

There's quite a few characters now and I'm getting confused over them, I don't know any of their names (and if I did know them I wouldn't be able to pronounce them anyway) so I made up a nick name system that describes their main features.  Like Smiles, Big Bro, Pink Hair Girl, Phoenix Wright, etc.

I said Phoenix Wright two three times now.

Characters are good, none of them make me want to tear my eye balls out, but red head girl can get annoying sometimes.  You know who I'm talking about.

It also seems every character is good in some way, except for a very select few.  Like that Section 12 Captain guy, what a douche bag.

Music is good in that I actually remember and enjoy it.

Over all I don't see what's so bad about Soul Society, I wouldn't mind if it went on longer because it's enjoyable and I'm not disgusted by anything.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 03, 2010, 12:05:13 am »

Watch out for Bleach's filler arcs, the Bount one is just plain bad, the Amagai one is actually pretty good right up until the end, when it all goes stupid, the Zanpakutou one started off with easily some of the best animation Bleach has ever seen, and it stayed pretty good, which was a sharp increase from the really poor animation in the Arrancar arc.

Also, be prepared for lots of Worfing, i mean tons and tons of Worfing. It's not too bad in the Soul Society arc, but once that's over (and ignoring the Bount arc) the Worfing comes hard and fast.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 03, 2010, 01:07:46 am »

I definetly like the Zanpakutou one, though I'm curious how much longer its gonna go and if their basiclly just gonna retcon that whole bit dispite how cool it is.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 03, 2010, 02:41:00 am »

Zanpakutou arc is over, we're onto some completely and utterly random filler for a few more eps, then back to the story.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 03, 2010, 05:05:56 am »

Just read through BLAME and I loved every twisted, gore infested minuet of it.

Stumbled across some manga called Super-Dreadnought Girl. It's a very cute thing that I'm finding interesting enough to read. Anyone else read it yet?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 03, 2010, 06:38:25 am »

http://www.onemanga.com/Biomega/5/16/

i wish i could do this with my bike.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:04 am »

http://www.onemanga.com/Biomega/5/16/

i wish i could do this with my bike.

Wow. It's safe to say that no matter what you do in you're life, nothing you do will ever be as awesome as a bear on a flying bike.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 03, 2010, 11:47:20 am »

Eh, can't really make a start on Bleach... my general policy is not to start watching something with over 50 episodes (although I guess FMA: Brotherhood is probably gonna creep over that line soon).  I guess it's because filler tends to run rampant after that point.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:40 am »

I'm really liking Monster so far, but I really don't like the laid back ending credit theme juxtaposed with the creepy ass monster. Gives me the chills.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:01 pm »

This is weird, i've been reading a few mangas and their stories and design are changing. All at once.

Anyone have any idea on why this is?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »

Are they made by the same company/ writer?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 2193