Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063928 times)

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7065 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:56 am »

Recommending Cowboy Bebop just in case anyone hasn't watched it.

I can honestly say it is the best anime I have ever seen.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: March 30, 2011, 04:55:50 am »

UC Gundam. All of it. Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, Stardust Memory, Zeta, etc etc. Watch it if you haven't already (and how can you call yourself an anime fan if you haven't?).

It'll turn you into a Man of Destiny.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:12 am »

Episode 2 of Saint Seyia... and it's making me nauseous how fast this is moving, it's insane. Nothing seems to be given any reason, stuff just happens and then immediately gets dealt with, with no exposition time longer than a minute before something else happens. I don't think I'm going to be watching Ep3.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:22 am »

Episode 2 of Saint Seyia... and it's making me nauseous how fast this is moving, it's insane. Nothing seems to be given any reason, stuff just happens and then immediately gets dealt with, with no exposition time longer than a minute before something else happens. I don't think I'm going to be watching Ep3.

Ohhh it gets worse.

Saint Seiya has some hillarious plotholes later.

Something about the stuff that anime tries to pull just makes me angry. Like it just makes things up as it goes along.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: April 02, 2011, 07:35:44 pm »

Oh hey! Surprise surprise everyone! I found something Bleach related that's actually very good!

You guys would never guess this, but I found a live action Bleach musical! It's called "Bleach Saien" or something, and it covers about 2/3 of the first story arc in a 2 hour long musical performance.

It's surprisingly faithful to the show, but the whole thing feels like a tongue-in-cheek satire; what with Chad doing the macarena with the generic hollows, Ichigo having glitter all over his face; all the special effects being some combination of sound effects, spotlights, and smoke machines; and fact that at one point the actor playing Uruhara asides to the audience "This is my flashback, everybody!" or something to that effect.

Not to mention that the general story is just plain greatly improved when the characters just bust out singing randomly.

My only qualm with it is there is NO Kenpachi whatsoever. In fact, there's alot of missing characters, but I can forgive it for entertaining me so much. Plus, at the end of the performance, the characters then fly off on a tangent and sing their other songs, which includes an Aizen/Kuchiki/Hitsugaya trio act. Truly worth my time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: April 02, 2011, 07:37:53 pm »

Huh... is it Takarazuka?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: April 02, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »

Wow that sounds entertaining.  Anytime Bleach is a self-parody is when it's good to me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: April 02, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

A quick wiki-search reveals the Takarazuka Revue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarazuka_Revue

and I don't think so. If only because the cast wasn't all female.

Atleast, I don't think those were women.

EDIT: I'm not sure which revue or production cast is responsible for it, but they did a really good job.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:43:24 pm by JoshuaFH »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: April 03, 2011, 02:50:27 am »

Well I'm up to episode 5 of the Umineko VN.

Watched another couple episodes of the anime as well.  The beginning of the 2nd arc so far isn't that bad.  Only a few parts are cut out to save time.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: April 03, 2011, 03:26:16 am »

alright, doing VN run of Shuffle!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:32 am »

I have to say I REALLY lucked out

There was this anime I just chose almost at random because it really peaked my interest. Though it looked absolutely horrible!

Actually so far I am enjoying it quite a bit. It holds up pretty well so far. Hopefully it will be good! (though I really don't like short animes... I like length)

Actually I chose it because I forgot the name of the anime I was going to watch next. Though maybe I should just do a full review of Full Moon and explain why it is my favorite (That isn't the anime I am currently watching though... Though I wouldn't mind... Ps. Don't watch it, I don't trust that anyone else would like such a sappy show)

Edit: HOLY DANG! I never seen an anime just degrade itself soooooooo fast... hardcore Pedophilia references... WOW!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:15:54 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: April 04, 2011, 12:15:51 am »

What are you watching anyway Neon?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:32 am »

... Are you by chance watching Kodomo no Jikan?

Though I seem to remember weird stuff with that in the first episode, unfortunately =/  I remember that the Japanese club wanted me to show it during lunch hour.  Haha, no way >____________>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:15 am »

What are you watching anyway Neon?

I am embarassed to say... but I am watching

The Gokusen

Basically the next person incharge of a criminal family has become a Highschool teacher. Actually it was the poster that sort of wanted made me want to watch it. She has sort of a very original character design for a main character.

So far it actually seems to be a parody.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:32:06 am by Neonivek »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7079 on: April 04, 2011, 12:36:11 am »

The Gokusen
I caught a few episodes of that on a movie channel once. It was definitely the best thing they played that I ever saw.

Of course everything else was stuff like Eiken Club and Mirage of Blaze, so it was really no competition.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 2193