Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061945 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7020 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »

But I need to know how it ends!

Though given there is no plot... so much so that the main "villain" had to insult the main hero to even spark the plot... I am not even sure if has an ending.

Yes, the anime has soo little plot they had to create antagony in a no nonsense villain in order to continue.

Though honestly I've had it worse... "Its Japan" was a painful slog to the end. I have also never seen a more infuriating ending in my life! I mean, I like the "Everyone wins" endings but my goodness this actually managed to take it a step too far.

I mean... imagine a "Everyone Wins" ending where the villain is thanked for being evil.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:19:58 pm by Neonivek »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7021 on: March 26, 2011, 07:24:43 pm »

I mean... imagine a "Everyone Wins" ending where the villain is thanked for being evil.
Sounds pretty hilarious, actually.

How many episodes was it?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

It was as long as 69 episodes.

Mind you it had quite a bit of 1 hour specials.

Dang it "Yakitate!! Japan"!!!

The other reason why the slog to the end was painful was because... the anime felt finished, they just kept going.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:29:13 pm by Neonivek »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7023 on: March 26, 2011, 07:31:23 pm »

Oh, okay. I was wondering if you'd meant Yakitate since you're into the whole cooking thing and I'd never heard of It's Japan before.

That is way too long for a terrible anime. I won't even watch good anime that are that long.

Might still watch the last episode though.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: March 26, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »

Man Neon I don't know what you're doing wrong.  Maybe be a bit more selective or something because 90% of the anime I start I at least enjoy watching.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: March 26, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »

Man Neon I don't know what you're doing wrong.  Maybe be a bit more selective or something because 90% of the anime I start I at least enjoy watching.
I dunno, Neon seems to enjoy watching bad shows to some degrees. And I usually find his writeups on them quite funny.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: March 26, 2011, 08:08:47 pm »

Well it looks like my experience with Live-on has come to a premature end as I don't have anymore episodes. The last episode I seen though did feel like an outright advertisement, worse yet is that just by watching the show I already known everything they told me. I am starting to think that show was for children even younger then the ones intended for Yugioh.

Though given that the 4 elements of the show are: Earth, Water, Air, and... THE POWER OF DARKNESS!!! I shouldn't be surprised.

Now how will I ever see if Ai EVER gets a proper card holder? Currently she has it tied to her ankle... possibly the worst place for it. Better yet they never actually show her bending over, which she would have to do, to collect the cards. Nor do they show her lifting her leg either.

Ohh well the most unpredictible part of the show were the bad parts. Like how little the card creation monster actually created cards... and how fast the main character was HURLED into the leagues (Angelic Layer seems slow paced relative to this.) by I believe 4th episode.

The best part of the show was hmmm...  don't know

The one issue I sort of have storywise is they live in a world where they control monsters that they can summon... and unlike Yugioh they can do it anywhere! Imagine the implications to industry! Heck they can transform into monsters as well for a period of time. Yet they seem perfectly pleased to simply use them to fight one another. OHH that is right my favorite part was the line where they outright state that it is natural for monsters to want to fight eachother and that is why capturing them against their will and forcing them to fight one another was perfectly fine. I have never EVER seen such unintentional in universe propaganda in my entire life. I only wish I remembered the exact line.

I mean... could you imagine in Pokemon requiring children to be told that pokemon like fighting eachother so they had no qualms over beating them up and forcing them to fight? Better yet unlike pokemon no one ever lets their monsters out (except for the ONE main character) to do anything but fight making them even more like slaves. EVEN better the monster creator? He needs cards to create them. They ENTIRELY gloss over him OUTRIGHT murdering one of the monster creatures to create a new "transformation" monster for the main character (and better yet he likely did it the first time too). So thanks Pedal (the monster creator) you just murdered two sentient living beings so your master would have "totally cool monster whooping abilities". What is this? Monster Rancher?

My favorite Monster Card: Gatling Duck... I can't help it that thing was awsome.  It is just an ordinary duck that opens its mouth to reveal a giant prolonged gatling gun. I actually like its ability which is that it can give support fire to any attacking or defending monster... WITH A GATLING GUN!

Though given that most cards were pretty much rejects I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. For example there was an elephant with a giant knife instead of a nose, a Camel that spits a pipe (and is apperantly female), and a Lizard Tiger thing... Plus Anime Winnie the Pooh with a Gas Mask who Farts people into the backrow.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:15:45 pm by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: March 26, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10583564

Whaaa that was awesome.  0:58 man.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: March 26, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »

OP episode.

Poor kid.

Also, dat face.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: March 27, 2011, 05:12:09 am »

Unfortunately I can't see Niconico videos.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:06 pm »

Unfortunately I can't see Niconico videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzk3-4YPXf8

OP episode.  Poor kid.  Also, dat face.
Yeah, that was pretty bummy still.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:43 pm »

If only I could get youtube videos to work on my school computer.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:24 pm »

Holy wow, I just finished watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I'm speechless as to how great a movie that was. A must watch.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: March 27, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »

Dude, all the movies from Hayao Miyazaki is awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:15 pm »

Cool, sort of wish it was a different theme. I never gave much credit to that theme.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2193