Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3080242 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5595 on: December 24, 2010, 11:58:37 pm »

Now, for whatever bizarre reason, I've begun watching the Fist of the North Star main series again, this time with my good friend who relishes in the over the top violence more than I do.

Also, I've finally gotten a chance to play one of Toony's favorite games: Phoenix Wright! I've just completed playing the first game today, and I plan on playing the second one tomorrow.

Really, that was unexpectedly good, and the last case had me REELING from how flipping massive and complicated it was, but it was a great ending to the game nonetheless.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: December 25, 2010, 12:03:05 am »

Awesome, what an unexpected Christmas present.  Josh is here with his presence!  Yeah, the first game is pretty sweet.  I like them all.

No comment on me reading Liar Game though?!  I thought you liked that one a lot.
Spoiler: Case in point (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: December 25, 2010, 12:08:42 am »

You might have told me about Liar Game in the past, as it sounds vaguely familiar, but otherwise this is my first time hearing about it.

That screeny though, has me intrigued.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: December 25, 2010, 12:11:02 am »

Oh well, I decided to read the manga because I've heard its name being tossed around in this here thread and just made the connection I guess.  It's pretty good, the art isn't the best but the thinking and logic crap is pretty good.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: December 25, 2010, 12:28:47 am »

After reading the premise and the first couple pages, the Liar Game looks really entertaining, I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Merry Christmas by the way Toon!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: December 25, 2010, 12:35:49 am »

Yes yes, Merry Christmas to you as well Josh!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: December 25, 2010, 12:38:03 am »

Huh, Liar Game sounds neat.  I should look into that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: December 25, 2010, 07:51:13 am »

Does look interesting.

Anyone care to provide a brief summary...?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: December 25, 2010, 11:19:49 am »

Bunch of people get loads of cash from this mysterious organization.  Each round is a different type of game, but the premise is the same.  You are given 100 million MONEY (more money later on) as a loan.  You want to have that money or more by the end, because after the game is over the Liar Game guys will come and take that 100 million MONEY back.  It's hard to explain because all the games vary a lot, I'm on round/game 3 myself and it's getting really complex.  It's a real fun read though, at first you're over whelmed with characters but I can recognized each person now.  I don't want to say anything else.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: December 25, 2010, 11:21:07 am »

Bunch of people get loads of cash from this mysterious organization.  Each round is a different type of game, but the premise is the same.  You are given 100 million MONEY (more money later on) as a loan.  You want to have that money or more by the end, because after the game is over the Liar Game guys will come and take that 100 million MONEY back.  It's hard to explain because all the games vary a lot, I'm on round 3 myself and it's getting really complex.  It's a real fun read though, at first you're over whelmed with characters but I can recognized each person now.  I don't want to say anything else.

And what happens if said person don't have those 100 millions at the time of 'taking it back'?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: December 25, 2010, 11:23:28 am »

Its never been shown, but the mask guys say you'll have to "pay back" somehow.  It could be a bluff, because I've never seen what happens (yet).  They talked about having you work it off and such, some of the players even rumored that you could be sold off somewhere.  That sounds pretty ridiculous though.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: December 25, 2010, 12:10:21 pm »

That sounds pretty cool, actually.  I'll go give it a look... tommorow, since I wanna try out my presents right now :P.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: December 25, 2010, 01:05:36 pm »

Why look at that, by thinking everybody else already knew about this manga I've made everybody learn about this manga.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: December 25, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »

Funny How that works.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: December 25, 2010, 01:14:15 pm »

I remember Liar Game. Been a while since I last read it. I'm gonna have to catch up. It's pretty good.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 2193