Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078395 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4890 on: November 02, 2010, 01:03:23 am »

This is completely unrelated to any ongoing conversations, but I felt I was required to butt in.

My GM said Black Lagoon was required watching for my Shadowrun game and I can see why. I'm currently up to episode 10 after starting tonight. If you recognized who is pictured in my avatar before I said what I was watching, give yourself five points and a pat on the back.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled discourse.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:50:50 am by Mephisto »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 02, 2010, 01:25:19 am »

Watched Cromartie High School. I don't even
I started watching Fairy Tail as well if you couldn't tell.
Is that where your avatar is from? I thought it was Sanji.
It is Sanji!  D:

Wait. Then how are we supposed to tell you started watching Fairy Tail? I could not tell :I
And why does Sanji have a brown cigarette? What is up with that shit?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:52 am »

My GM said Black Lagoon was required watching for my Shadowrun game and I can see why. I'm currently up to episode 10 after starting tonight. If you recognized who is pictured in my avatar before I said what I was watching, give yourself five points and a pat on the back
Black Lagoon is indeed pretty awesome Benny...it's kinda' like an ongoing action movie in anime format with explosions, guns, blood, killer maids, mafia's, more guns, etc.

...And just wait 'till you get to season 2...Hansel & Gretel would really enjoy your company.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 02, 2010, 03:05:15 am »

Update: watched a few episodes of Michiko to Hatchin, and despite the humor, the manic music, and the glamorous art style, it's a pretty dark, serious anime. It deals with a lot of ugly things; child gangs, abuse, poverty, homelessness, homicide... it's a far cry from the glut of stories out there that glamorize the criminal underworld.

4 episodes in or so, I'm getting a feeling that Hana, the little girl, is the main character... it follows her struggle to keep her integrity, and find the ability to stand up against the people around her- even her surrogate mother-figure. Michiko is sometimes like a Deus ex Machina Supermom for Hana, but most of the time she's irresponsible, and entirely caught up in selfish personal pursuits. She definitely cares for Hana, but it's a quirky relationship because she doesn't know how to do it at all.

There's definitely a good story here, and I'm enjoying watching it a lot. The story hits you with enough serious material between the comedy, though, that it's tough to watch a lot in one sitting.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:07:02 am by Solifuge »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 02, 2010, 07:55:53 am »

Area 88 has a very realistic look, and is quite good.

So does The Sky Crawlers, but that movie makes more sense the first time you look at the cover that after you watch the movie. Seriously, it's really bad and I do not reccomend it to anyone.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 02, 2010, 09:02:00 am »

Watched Cromartie High School. I don't even
I started watching Fairy Tail as well if you couldn't tell.
Is that where your avatar is from? I thought it was Sanji.
It is Sanji!  D:

Wait. Then how are we supposed to tell you started watching Fairy Tail? I could not tell :I
And why does Sanji have a brown cigarette? What is up with that shit?
I had been posting screen caps as well as ost from youtube.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 02, 2010, 10:35:05 am »

I am irritated that code geass has turned from "Yay, we won with superior tactics " into "Yay, we won due to superior technology" (read "POWWWER UP!"). Yeah, the tactical stuff wasn't complex, but seeing teams trade off curbstomping each other with new mechs is boring.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 02, 2010, 10:52:51 am »

So does The Sky Crawlers, but that movie makes more sense the first time you look at the cover that after you watch the movie. Seriously, it's really bad and I do not reccomend it to anyone.
I loved that movie! The mindscrew was just extra flavor!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:19 am »

...And just wait 'till you get to season 2...Hansel & Gretel would really enjoy your company.

I believe I know what you're getting at. I just finished the first episode of season 2 and I'm beginning to get lost. Vampire assassin children? Yeah.

Make that androgynous, incestuous vampire assassin twin children.

Owait, I see what you did there... I'm not going to get lost like Hansel and Gretel... I get it now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:41:49 am by Mephisto »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:34 am »

Floating sound effects everywhere!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: November 02, 2010, 12:12:26 pm »

I loved that movie! The mindscrew was just extra flavor!

There was part of that movie that WASN'T mindscrew?

Also (for the sheer randomness of it):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: November 02, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »

5 Episodes into Trigun.

Only started watching it out of curiosity peaked by one of my Exalted players, and I'm quite liking it so far. Vash is hilarious.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: November 02, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »

Bleach anime had a recap episode with a "to be continued" at the end.  Really?  Seriously?  And of course, 100% of the recap came from the soul society arc, unless there's going to be a second recap episode next week where they recap the other seasons or something.  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

edit: the preview showed them actually moving on with the story, so that's a start at least.  But it certainly shows something when a last season recap only has to recap the first season.  And there's like, what, five seasons of bleach, half of them bonafide filler?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:45:32 pm by Euld »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: November 02, 2010, 07:03:52 pm »

They wouldn't recap filler.  If they did that I would be all 0h n00000000.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: November 02, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »

I enjoyed most of the Bount arc.
Just thought I'd say that.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 2193