Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077529 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4635 on: October 09, 2010, 11:31:09 pm »

Hrmm, to what? TTGL?
Probably to something from TTGL. Been Soul Eater way too long.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 09, 2010, 11:31:27 pm »

Fairy Tail.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 09, 2010, 11:32:47 pm »

Ah, maybe. Been a while since I last watched it. I could though....hmm...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 09, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »

Becouse unless you fight another captain to the death for the positon you NEED bankai be become a captain? And Kenpachi is the only guy still around who got his job through that method

No it isn't a strict requirement it is true in the sense that in order to become Prime Minister you need to be able to speak French and English. There is no rule that says you cannot but you stand no chance if you don't know them both. So it is an informal requirement.

Basically anyone who doesn't know atleast Bankai isn't likely good enough anyway.

Kenpatchi became a Captain because he didn't need it (and the whole killing the captain thing), however he is by far the exception to the rule (Very few Soul Reapers even seem to have Bankais that arn't more of a weakness to use. Honestly count the number of Soul Reapers who have beneficial Bankais) with the ability to defeat Bankais without it. (Name the number of Non-Bankai earned Soul Reapers who don't need it to stand toe to toe with the Captains)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 09, 2010, 11:37:29 pm »

They said that Kenny was the only Captain so far without a Bankai...I think.

Also, new avatar. Woo.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:16 pm »

Kenny is also the only Captain level combatant (of the Soul Reaper Variety) without Bankai.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »

The whole
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sounds like it is reasonable to me..but I don't think that he wouldn't have a Bankai. I think he's keeping it for a last resort.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 10, 2010, 12:23:19 am »

Well don't forget that there is no telling what his Bankai actually does.

For all we know it is useless in almost all situations or requires some sort of compensation.

I mean afterall... some Bankai's that we seen were actually outright worse then its previous form

Captain: "I summon a giant monster!"
Sane Person: "Really? REALLY!?! but your much stronger then this monster"
Captain: "Shut UP! This is my Bankai and I am going to use it, at least once"

Also from what I've seen the Bankai's don't even have to be related to their previous power. Ichigo's did the opposit...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:25 am »

Ichigo is a freak of nature. He shouldn't even be a Soul Reaper in the first place.
In addition, his Shikai is just his normal Zanpukto, which is weird too. There's not much you can do that is based on a normal weird shaped sword. (While, his Bankai IS just another sword...)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: October 10, 2010, 12:53:45 am »

Ichigo is a freak of nature. He shouldn't even be a Soul Reaper in the first place.
In addition, his Shikai is just his normal Zanpukto, which is weird too. There's not much you can do that is based on a normal weird shaped sword. (While, his Bankai IS just another sword...)

Well specifically it is a sword that has no weakness. In is light but does not suffer for being light.

Well ignoring Ichigo what about the number of Bankai's that basically turn their swords into monsters (ignoring the Giant Baby one which gets away with it BARELY). Some connections are also very loose at best, turning your sword into killer lotus pedals into creating a dimensional space with a lot of swords, which oddly enough doesn't explain how Rengi lost since that attack is one of the "Useless" powers I was talking about.

Though quite a few Captains just skip what their weapons could do before its ultimate attack.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 10, 2010, 12:58:54 am »

Yeah...like the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 10, 2010, 01:01:52 am »

Heck the Fat Sword that doubles the weight of whatever it strikes is extremely useful and In my oppinion the BEST power of all the Soul Reapers who do not have Bankai (or Shikai... whatever the ultimate sword powers are)

But still oddly enough a lot of Captain's ultimate attacks make them worse off then before... Ichigo's however is a "There is no reason not to use it".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:32 am »

Just bringing this up because it seems to have been lost:
Nobody has an opinion on Now and Then, Here and There? Bleh, I'll just start watching it. Will report on it in a bit.

Also:
Shikai = First Release
Bankai = Super Ultimate Second Release

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: October 10, 2010, 01:07:47 am »

Ok good...

Thanks, Shikai's are so often skipped over or simply never used again I forget them.

Also I am surprised there isn't a third... usually in shows like this they just keep adding extra forms.

I admire Bleach's restraint in adding the third.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:15 am »

I was thinking about adding a "UNREVEALED SUPER THIRD RELEASE", but I didn't. Hopefully it won't come to that.
(And instead of adding new forms, Ichigo just keeps getting new holofications.)

Ah, and I've been watching Rurouni Kenshin, I like how it isn't all superpowery, mostly it's just sword fighting, with a bit of awesomeness and magic-ish stuff added in. Pretty awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 2193