Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075682 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4305 on: September 05, 2010, 02:53:58 am »

New Bleach episode 169 (I think) today.

It was way more enjoyable than the last episode, there is hope for this filler season yet!
Which filler season is it?  And you're watching English dubs, right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: September 05, 2010, 03:04:28 am »

New Bleach episode 169 (I think) today.

It was way more enjoyable than the last episode, there is hope for this filler season yet!
Which filler season is it?  And you're watching English dubs, right?
Yep, it's the New Captain arc.  At least it's not the Bount arc.

Anyway, I want to share my favorite moment in all of Digimon because I am a huge weeaboo I guess.

Jegus, Takaishi is an awesome kid.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: September 05, 2010, 03:33:17 am »

In fact, us telling you about it is probably giving to much away.

Ohh GAWD... now I am afraid of what it could be... I am expecting irrevelent comedy series.

Narutaru? Yeah, it's pretty good. A bit juvenile at times, but hey, it makes up for it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: September 05, 2010, 05:03:23 am »

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:46 am »

Ohh GAWD... now I am afraid of what it could be... I am expecting irrevelent comedy series.

Narutaru? Yeah, it's pretty good. A bit juvenile at times, but hey, it makes up for it.
Erm... If its juvenile, only just so that it can be a trap...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:57 am »

So I just finished watching the older FMA series.
Intereting in the beginning, pretty meh in the middle and great for the last third of the series.

So what can I expect from the younger series, which is supposed to stick close to the manga?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: September 05, 2010, 10:13:31 am »

Erm... If its juvenile, only just so that it can be a trap...

What trap? Narutaru is a lighthearted magical girl manga!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 05, 2010, 10:19:46 am »

Intereting in the beginning, pretty meh in the middle and great for the last third of the series.

So what can I expect from the younger series, which is supposed to stick close to the manga?
Watching the finale again with Josh, I would say it's better than the original series in everyway.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #4313 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »

Some of the voices are more annoying (albeit admittedly more realistic), the plot has a LOT less "WTF, that makes no sense!" moments. Or at least as much of FMA:B that I've seen. FMA:B switches between humorous and deadly serious quite often, even in the middle of battles (Which is usually not annoying). It's also got a lot better animation, and a lot more badass scenes.

Also, has anyone read the Haruhi or Familiar of Zero novels? I'm thinking about reading into them (Zero no Tsukaima thanks to Charles Bhepin with his new story, and Haruhi thanks to Brian Randall's Kyon: Big Damn Hero fanfic), but I've heard quite little about them.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: September 05, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »

Also, has anyone read the Haruhi or Familiar of Zero novels? I'm thinking about reading into them (Zero no Tsukaima thanks to Charles Bhepin with his new story, and Haruhi thanks to Brian Randall's Kyon: Big Damn Hero fanfic), but I've heard quite little about them.
While I can't vouch for Zero no Tsukaima, the Haruhi novels are great, especially if you enjoyed the anime. I read the fan translations a bit over a year ago which prompted me to buy the official translations as they released.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: September 05, 2010, 05:43:09 pm »

I read the Haruhi fan ones, but they got taken down halfway through me reading.  Damn.

I'll probably go buy them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: September 05, 2010, 06:08:39 pm »

While I can't vouch for Zero no Tsukaima, the Haruhi novels are great, especially if you enjoyed the anime. I read the fan translations a bit over a year ago which prompted me to buy the official translations as they released.

I hate Familiar Zero unfortunately... I just can't watch the abuse the male lead takes at a daily basis.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #4317 on: September 05, 2010, 07:37:16 pm »

I hate Familiar Zero unfortunately... I just can't watch the abuse the male lead takes at a daily basis.

I heard that the anime (which is what I assume you're talking about with 'watch') overplays the tsundere aspect a lot, while the novels are more serious (and less tsundere).
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: September 05, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »

The Hellsing Ultimate OVAs are so good.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: September 05, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »

Alright, I guess after watching all of FMA:B, I should write a review or something on it:

It's good, watch it. BAM! Done, I'll accept my award now.

But in all seriousness:

Spoiler: spoileriffic spoilers (click to show/hide)

In short, FMA:B is an absolutely great show, and it's definitely going on my "Anime I recommend to everyone" list, along with TTGL.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 2193