Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066754 times)

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3495 on: July 01, 2010, 12:07:25 am »

While reading comments in this thread could not resist watching Mnemosyne myself while installing new gentoo box.
Wasn't bad, altho Baccano! did it better with nearly same concept.
Large timespan was done nice.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 01, 2010, 12:39:44 am »

Newest episode of Bleach was "eh."  Intriguing final form for the almost-last-but-there's-probably-more-somehow bad guy, but seriously that's 8/10 bad guys gone now, and just having 5 was supposed to ensure the destruction of Soul Society.  I'm also doubting there's anything resembling sportsmanship or fair fights in this show anymore.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:50:18 pm by Euld »

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:15 am »

Hi!

Since people are talking about anime comparable to NGE, let me state again, that Higurashi no naku koro ni is really a very strong contender. Especially when you read between the line and watch it very carefully ...

My silence lately was partly due to me continuing playing the Meakashi hen of the sound novel version of Higurashi no naku koro ni kai (which is the original source), and the sound novel really adds a lot of interesting detail and information that simply couldn't fit into the anime (however, the nail scene is more impressive in the anime version - on the other hand, the final confrontation between Mion and Rika is even nastier in the sound novel - and tv tropes has it wrong there (^_^;; ).

Deathworks

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 01, 2010, 12:54:01 am »

Anyone know of any anime with a traditional 'fantasy' setting? I vaguely remember one from a long long time ago, but can't remember the name...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:07 am »

Just urging everyone again to at least try the first episode of Moyasimon: Tales of Agriculture. I know the subtitle and premise on Wikipedia may turn you off, but trust me, it's not like anything you would expect. The first anime to ever get me to really laugh.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 01, 2010, 01:32:04 am »

Anyone know of any anime with a traditional 'fantasy' setting? I vaguely remember one from a long long time ago, but can't remember the name...

Record of Lodoss War? It's basically D&D : The Anime, and I actually remember it being quite good. Plus Deedlit <3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:19 am »

Newest episode of Bleach was "eh."  Intriguing final form for the almost-last-but-there's-probably-more-somehow bad guy, but seriously that's 8/10 bad guys gone now, and just having 5 was supposed to assure the destruction of Soul Society.  I'm also doubting there's anything resembling sportsmanship or fair fights in this show anymore.

When did they continue the main arc, i couldn't bring myself to watch the filler episodes, at which episode does it end?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:26 pm »

I started trying to watch RahXephon. I don't like the art style... Also, does it get any more... fluid? So far, I can't say I understand why its so well recommended...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:29 pm »

Record of Lodoss War? It's basically D&D : The Anime, and I actually remember it being quite good. Plus Deedlit <3
-checks Wiki entry-
-checks Dad's entire huge collection of anime-

Yup, that's it. Yaaaaaayyyyy. Been looking for it forever. Just couldn't remember the name.
At least I hope it's it...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:00 pm »

My sister is making me watch the english subs of that French anime-esque thing Wakfu. Before episode 15 was forgettable and boring, looking simply like a visually better modern Pokemon in French. Then the last Boufball episode and on I started to get connected to the characters because they actually started to do charming things. I still would not call it terribly good quality stuff, but if one does want to watch it skip everything before episode 15 or so. The effort spent looking for a proper dub isn't worth it, all you need to know is that the kid is looking for an island to find his true father, the orange-haired dude is looking for adventure, the old man is friends with the kids adoptive father, and the two chicks consist of the dark-skinned one being a princess running away from home and the blond one being an incompetent bodyguard who needs the group to protect them. There, you know everything before episode 15.

My sister says the quality increases with each episode, and I can see that. While the initial quality may have been on par with a decent boring flash animation, it has steadily been getting better.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:22 pm »

What I heard from /tg/ is that one of the earlier episodes, 5 I believe, is actually the very first episode, before they went back and made the actual first episodes.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 01, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »

I like it, but I stopped watching after I couldn't stream it.

I cannae download the accursed things.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: July 01, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »

Been reading Mahou Sensei Negima. It's a good manga, but I'm having a very hard time identifying the girls by sight, except for Asuna and the sword girl. Are any of the anime any good?

Likewise, has anyone seen the English dub of Strike Witches? I'm considering picking it up at Best Buy, but I don't know how much they may have changed from the Strike Subs version I watched.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 01, 2010, 08:07:48 pm »

Don't the DVD sets usually have both sub and dub?
So if you buy it and hate the dub, watch the sub.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 01, 2010, 09:36:37 pm »

I finished the first season of Darker than Black.  Should I watch the OVAs that take place between the two seasons first or wait until I finish season 2?
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 2193