Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3073158 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #30060 on: March 01, 2017, 03:06:23 am »

I feel like monstergirl stuff is being used a lot more practically these days. Kobayashi no Maidragon is using them as a gloss for expats, allowing it to deal with that kind of theme while still being a KyoAni slice of life and not even touching the political side. More seriously, Demi-chan wa Katarai uses them to represent people with disabilities in the school system, and is pretty transparent about that, but still avoids political controversy (and comes off as a bit less preachy) by not outright saying that's what it is.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #30061 on: March 05, 2017, 11:14:21 am »

Bandai announced that they'll be building a second life sized Gundam statue in Odaiba. It's the Unicorn Gundam this time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:17:32 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30062 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:20 pm »

Anyways, the new Ghost in the Shell movie decided to acknowledge the classic one in the most "we don't understand and don't care" way possible. They took the iconic theme from the first film, and ordered a soulless dubstep remix of it from the least creative producer alive. God forbid any movie has an interesting or different soundtrack nowadays. Hey Paramount, why not just get some shit from Incompetech? You'd save money and still get the same generic, uninteresting, market-researched vaguely techno-orchestral soundtrack that's in every other action movie.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30063 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »

Watched the first episode of Re:Zero, call me slowpoke. Enjoyable, the use of CGI to avoid having static background shots was clever. Feels like one of those things where I eventually can't bear to continue because I don't need all the shit piled up on the characters atop the shit piled up on my own life.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30064 on: March 05, 2017, 11:46:35 pm »

You know... after watching Black Jack (I cannot remember if I watched all of it or not) and thinking about it a lot.

I think the first mystery is kind of the best... and is kind of really good. SPOILERS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now this is ENTIRELY without getting into the medical mystery... and in terms of the medical mystery itself, rather than just the drama surrounding it... The best episode for that is another one completely. For that it would be the "Hollywood Actress cannot eat without puking" one... which to me is the second best drama as well.

Sorry for the vague details. I just wanted to share, but honestly... Watch Black Jack yourself.

Also feel free to ignore Young Black Jack... One episode of Black Jack is greater then the entire Young Black Jack series.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30065 on: March 06, 2017, 01:03:21 am »

new Ghost in the Shell movie
I went from hyped as hell about this movie when I was watching the press release event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM145D_ZhJA to bummed as hell after hearing the "oh hey guess what you're an amnesiac on a mission of revenge that's kinda loosely based on the neat 2nd GiG episode with her and kuze as kids, but we completely fucked it over for no reason, because of all the great stories we could crib and mash together from this series we decided to go the hackneyed amnesiac route" news.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30066 on: March 06, 2017, 01:19:48 am »

The Hollywood Tiger and Bunny live action movie promises to not be crap. Partly because they're taking something hardly anyone in the West has heard of that looks pretty cool, the series was already set in a USA-styled setting, and Ron Howard is the executive producer.

Pretty much any attempt to cash in on some "big name" buzz is almost destined to stink to high heaven, e.g. the upcoming Ghost in the Shell or SAO adaptations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:23:39 am by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30067 on: March 06, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »

The Hollywood Tiger and Bunny live action movie promises to not be crap. Partly because they're taking something hardly anyone in the West has heard of that looks pretty cool, the series was already set in a USA-styled setting, and Ron Howard is the executive producer.

Pretty much any attempt to cash in on some "big name" buzz is almost destined to stink to high heaven, e.g. the upcoming Ghost in the Shell or SAO adaptations.
Tiger and Bunny made a pretty significant splash when it was airing, though. It's not an old guard big name like GitS, and it's not a teen blowout like SAO, but it's not like they're adapting something completely unheard of, even if it's popular more within the core western fans of the anime market than a larger break-out group. And something similar happened with the Kickass movie, which grossed comfortably over budget and even merited a sequel.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #30068 on: March 06, 2017, 11:42:26 pm »

MSG Thunderbolt is such a good depiction of unromantic, brutal combat.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #30069 on: March 07, 2017, 03:17:32 am »

Just read up to the latest chapter of Goblin Slayer on Mangafox. Really enjoyed it, I'm a sucker for stoic Master Chief/Guts expys. Are there other manga streaming sites with later chapters, or is it really just that recent?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30070 on: March 07, 2017, 06:03:29 am »

What is the deal with Thunderbolt anyways, I remember watching one episode a couple months back, liking it, then realising that it was the only one to come out with nothing really following it, only to have it start coming out again a few weeks ago.

(It might just be HS dropping it for a while for whatever reason but I don't remember seeing it anywhere else either)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30071 on: March 07, 2017, 06:19:16 am »

Just finished Tentai Senshi Sunred.
Whoever got me onto that, thanks.

Didn't have as climatic an ending as I'd have liked though.
Seems to be a common trend of manga between having a massive climatic ending or an 'everything is still the same' ending.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30072 on: March 07, 2017, 07:10:48 am »

Well the manga was still going when that was on TV, so there's no ending and unlikely that they'll make a third season either.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30073 on: March 07, 2017, 07:19:27 am »

So i finally read through the Berserk Manga...well after the conjunction of spheres or whatever (i refuse to call it anything else since playing witcher) the gibbering maddened part in my mind which is chained in the back keeps screaming "ITS A TRAP DONT FALL FOR IT" with every new noblebright moment that appears. I am inclined to listen to that gibbering madman...its either that or the Hawk really has

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30074 on: March 07, 2017, 10:33:24 am »

The problem is that even if you believe that take on Griffith/Femto, it paints him as an amoral ends-justify-means monster who was perfectly willing to slaughter loyal friends in the pursuit of a nebulous and far-distant goal.

Also that whole bit during the Eclipse where he rapes Casca to fuck with Guts' head? Yeah, uh. Not exactly a stellar indication of the quality of his character. When someone like Zodd is infinitely more likable and trustworthy than an individual, they ain't good people.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 2193