Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074724 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #30045 on: February 26, 2017, 03:30:53 am »

The new Digimon Tri movie brought up a lot of lore I thought would never leave the realm of fan theories. I'm impressed. Very interesting to see where thry go from here.

And on an unrelated note...
Spoiler: Zeta Gundam in SRW V (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:34:08 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30046 on: February 26, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »

God damn IBO is really working it for that ending. Don't have many eps left now but you just know it won't be anything but bitter-sweet.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30047 on: February 26, 2017, 05:22:07 pm »

And on an unrelated note...
Spoiler: Zeta Gundam in SRW V (click to show/hide)
Good gods that reads like something you'd see near the beginning of a slash fic.

... also I totally hadn't noticed SRW V was slated for an actual official english release. Huh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30048 on: February 26, 2017, 07:03:50 pm »

God damn IBO is really working it for that ending. Don't have many eps left now but you just know it won't be anything but bitter-sweet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30049 on: February 27, 2017, 10:33:15 am »

Ok I have to say what I just saw was kind of funny.

It was in Bolivar el Heroe

Our hero witnesses someone collapse from exhaustion and being whipped by his captors... So he springs into action (After a bit of talking) and manages to steal the whip.

He then holds it and starts charging his ultimate attack complete with energy lines and everything... cut to the slaver clumbsly holding his gun, aiming awkwardly, having trouble pulling the trigger, then firing.

Our hero is dead.

This, wasn't a comedy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:40:11 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30050 on: February 27, 2017, 04:46:24 pm »

Here's the opening for Bolivar's Bizarre Adventure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_ZWo4lZ60

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30051 on: February 27, 2017, 05:26:51 pm »

I never thought I'd ask this...

But are those fake sideburns?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30052 on: February 27, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »

What the hell is this thing? Is this an actual anime about Simón Bolívar (but with a majestic purple rat tail for some reason) that's just absolutely terrible? Is it a joke I'm not getting? What?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30053 on: February 27, 2017, 05:36:31 pm »

What the hell is this thing? Is this an actual anime about Simón Bolívar (but with a majestic purple rat tail for some reason) that's just absolutely terrible? Is it a joke I'm not getting? What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fyzTYIVws

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400244/

Yes... Yes it is... Mind you anime styles. I cannot remember what country this comes from (Venezuela?)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30054 on: February 27, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »

Colombia apparently. Bolivar was techniclly ruler of Gran Colombia, which included his home province of Venezuela.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30055 on: February 27, 2017, 10:31:33 pm »

Returning to the SRW talk, why isn't bankaran in every game?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30056 on: February 28, 2017, 01:47:30 am »

Urara Meirochou is a show about cute girls doing cute things but also it's incredibly fucking unsettling.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #30057 on: February 28, 2017, 12:27:28 pm »

I can't decide if I should yell at you or thank you for getting that song stuck in my head again.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30058 on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:32 pm »

Is he fighting pokemon?

But yes, I agree we need that glorious magikarp mech in every game.

Urara Meirochou is a show about cute girls doing cute things but also it's incredibly fucking unsettling.
First episode seems a bit slutty, but not really unsettling. Does it get weird later?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30059 on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:49 am »

First episode seems a bit slutty, but not really unsettling. Does it get weird later?
Only weird thing I can think of in the first episode is the animal thing, including a snake and bird showing its belly because that's how Chiya thinks it works. Later weird things are mostly in a similar vein but to different degrees; a lot of stuff that the characters barely acknowledge or don't at all, even on top of the creepy weirdness that comes from most of their forms of witchcraft. Much of it is directly related to Chiya, the stuff that isn't is mostly more minor that they acknowledge and move on from, like Nono's doll. The latest episode cribbed its art style from a madoka nightmare, and yet the episode ended on a cheerful "well everything's fine. I wonder what that was, anyway?" note without actually resolving anything except that whatever it was, it was outside the realm of what urara normally deal with.

I do worry that all this weirdness won't have any kind of resolution, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you only like horror and don't also enjoy cgdct since it seems like a kind of background weirdness interwoven with the story than a major part of the narrative, but damn if it doesn't creep me out increasingly as I watch this show. My impression from the first episode was pretty much as yours was.
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 ... 2193