Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1965 1966 [1967] 1968 1969 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070504 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29490 on: November 08, 2016, 09:32:42 am »

Hey Nasuverse fans, the almost complete translation of Type Moon CM3 got released a few days ago. Simply put, it's the worldbuilding material related to the foundations of Magecraft in the Nasuverse, meaning we no longer have to rely on the horrifically fanon and fanfic polluted Type Moon wiki! (Note that it contains spoilers of various degrees from throughout the three routes of Fate). (Also contains images of the NSFW original appearance of the Crest worms now that I think of it ._. I'll uh take down the link if that becomes a problem.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:44:44 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29491 on: November 08, 2016, 11:07:03 am »

mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm nasulore

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29492 on: November 08, 2016, 10:12:48 pm »

Well there goes my evening. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29493 on: November 10, 2016, 04:28:23 pm »

Haibane Renmei

Progress 10/13

Slowly building an immersive and creative story (yes, I know wings and halos, but it really isn't (all) about religious iconography).

Let me know what you all think...
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29494 on: November 10, 2016, 05:16:47 pm »

Tried to watch RahXephon. Literally is like someone watched Evangelion and decided to make their own, but with less angst and more standing around staring at things. Not just the characters but also the fucking scenes are practically lifted. Boring as hell, to boot. I thought that the description I got was hyperbolic, but nope.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29495 on: November 10, 2016, 07:57:27 pm »

I dunno, I found RahXephon massively more tolerable than Evengelion.  But then, RahXephon actually had human characters in it, not miserable wastes of skin (okay, a few wastes of skin, but the main characters are pretty well realized.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29496 on: November 10, 2016, 08:36:06 pm »

Ugh. Maybe I'll give it a second chance, but it felt like they grabbed an Eva plot-by-numbers packet. The Misato expy ground my gears particularly bad. S'like, there's homage, there's referential jokes, there's all sorts of derivative work. RX gave me fix-fic vibes, that peculiar nasty smell of the "it's like canon except so much betterer and cooler and Shinji's not a pussy oh and also the robot looks super awesome but then I changed all the names to publish it as a novel" sort. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29497 on: November 10, 2016, 10:42:10 pm »

>_> Would mentioning that alongside the clear Eva ripoff parts its actually suppose to be a modern Raideen help it or hurt it in that regard.
It's FEF, not FEOF

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29498 on: November 10, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »

It's still depressing and stupid, I just didn't feel like casually murdering and bathing in the blood of the vast majority of RahXephon's characters, unlike Eva.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29499 on: November 12, 2016, 04:37:19 am »

Speaking of Evangelion...

I just watched Gunslinger Girl, and along with Psycho-Pass I'm starting to wonder if using Ode to Joy became a "thing" after Eva did it. GG's use of Ode to Joy wasn't as blatantly meaningless and out-of-place as in Psycho-Pass, but it felt like a wink-wink-nudge-nudge sort of moment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29500 on: November 12, 2016, 04:59:51 am »

Haibane Renmei

Progress 10/13

Slowly building an immersive and creative story (yes, I know wings and halos, but it really isn't (all) about religious iconography).

Let me know what you all think...

Yeah, Haibane Renmei is a pretty special thing. That an Aria. And Sora no Woto is basically Haibane Renmei + Aria + spider-tanks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:01:51 am by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29501 on: November 12, 2016, 11:26:09 am »

>_> Would mentioning that alongside the clear Eva ripoff parts its actually suppose to be a modern Raideen help it or hurt it in that regard.
Hurt, I'd think. Raideen was campy and cheap enough to be sort of amusing, by my faint memory of it. Monster-of-the-week in and of itself is just boring.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #29502 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:01 am »

A few friends recommended RWBY to me and I just watched the first episode and uhh... I'm kinda underwhelmed :/
Do the animation and voice acting get significantly better later on, or do I just have to stick it out for the story?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29503 on: November 13, 2016, 06:23:52 am »

I think so, but it's definitely by degrees, not just suddenly realizing they don't have to suck. Noncombat scenes in particular are prone to Eh Fuck It Syndrome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29504 on: November 13, 2016, 08:21:30 am »

Personally, I watched it for the Oum fight choreography and nothing else. I stopped following it after he died for precisely that reason.

Heh, there's more than a little good fanfiction for it, though. Probably helps that you don't have to deal with the crappy animation and kinda-awkward VA work like that.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1965 1966 [1967] 1968 1969 ... 2193