Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 [1955] 1956 1957 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3069331 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29310 on: October 13, 2016, 06:40:50 pm »

Nah, it was fairly explicit that lee trying to train in the state he was in was making things worse. If it wasn't for mcguffin granny he would probably have killed himself trying in fairly short order.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29311 on: October 13, 2016, 06:56:38 pm »

I am reminded also of the medicine that Rock Lee was given...

Which he proceeded to guzzle...

It is ALWAYS weird to see in anime a character intentionally overdosing... As if the laws of medicine tells you that the more of a drug you take the more effective it is.

In all fairness though in God Eater it was because the person doing it was unstable. Thank goodness psychotropic medication isn't extremely hard on the body... OHH WAIT! :P

And in all fairness to Rock Lee... he likely didn't know how to take his medicine.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29312 on: October 13, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »

Man, that was back in a day where I actually considered Naruto to be a half decent show.

You know, when they actually fought each other instead of throwing meteors or using f-ing atomic dismantling. I still laugh about that last one when I see it by the way. There is something utterly hilarious about that being a thing in a world where people fight each other with Ninja-Wizardry. I mean, that guy wins. Forever.

While I'm in here, any new series worth watching at the moment? I finished rewatching Full Metal Alchemist and for the live of me, I could not find something else to watch.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29313 on: October 13, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »

Kinda funny, honestly, that shows targeted at kids pass the message of "medicine is good, so if you want to get better fast make sure to take it all at once!"

--

Yeah, the sad part was that Naruto could have been good before it fell into the shonen formula. A series that was actually about assassins out-thinking each other and making efficient use of limited personal resources would be fun. What it turned out to be was kung-fu wizards on a quest to find the most OP character build.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29314 on: October 13, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »

Yeah, the sad part was that Naruto could have been good before it fell into the shonen formula. A series that was actually about assassins out-thinking each other and making efficient use of limited personal resources would be fun. What it turned out to be was kung-fu wizards on a quest to find the most OP character build.

It is what is so surreal comparing the first arc to the rest of the entire series.

To the extent where I've never seen the Haku versus Sasuke fight round 2... But I KNOW it is going to be disappointing...

Haku who was stated to be able to kill any ninja with supreme learning ability and who was only defeated through pointless sacrifice...

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29315 on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »

Kinda funny, honestly, that shows targeted at kids pass the message of "medicine is good, so if you want to get better fast make sure to take it all at once!"

--

It just went down what I call the "Dragonball Effect". There's probably an actual term for it, but that's what it allways reminded me off. You remember inD ragonball, where those Energy attacks where actually rare, and everyone would nigh flip their collective sh*t when someone used one? And the Dragonballs where 7 things hidden on earth, with some limitations on how they could be used?

I havent checked out the latest stuff, but GT was, as far as I remember, 7 balls hidden across the Universe. And they have Super Saya...thing 7 or 8 now. And people blow up Planets by stretching their left pinky. I might be alone on this, but I don't NEED a powercurve that increases tenfold everytime a new arc begins. I would've totally been fine with stuff like the Zabuza or Gaara fights. Yes they were ridiciolous, but they operated on a level where I could still follow and there was actual tension.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29316 on: October 13, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

What Dragon Ball Super did to curve the power curve was basically to... Depower the power curve.

So SS3 Goku's full blast no longer has the ability to destroy King Kai's miniature planet.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29317 on: October 13, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »

What Dragon Ball Super did to curve the power curve was basically to... Depower the power curve.

So SS3 Goku's full blast no longer has the ability to destroy King Kai's miniature planet.

So wait, how does that work? Is SS3 actually weaker than it's previous forms? Or did they just scale down everything?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29318 on: October 13, 2016, 07:42:24 pm »

So wait, how does that work? Is SS3 actually weaker than it's previous forms? Or did they just scale down everything?

They scales down everything significantly.

Not that, I am sure, they couldn't destroy the planet if they tried... But it is no longer "Don't aim at the planet Goku you will blow it up!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29319 on: October 13, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »

The God level characters have more control over what they do generally, more flash, less splash. Nice return to the early series humor too.

Naruto got silly but the sheer absurdity of Ninja Jesus vs madara was awesome, and fitting for them to be feared like elemental forces of nature. Then everybody and their little brother starts getting the rinnegan or whatever and naruto literally becomes the resurrected ancestor with even better ninja jesus powers than Ninja Jesus had!

I know some people like to call him HASHIRAMAAAAAA, and I'll get to them in a minute, but his name is Ninja Jesus.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29320 on: October 13, 2016, 08:24:19 pm »

King Kai obviously reinforced his miniature planet against energy attacks with wizardy.  The side effect is that the whole universe was also reinforced.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29321 on: October 13, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »

Well, SSJ3 Goku did punch a chunk right out of it, it's only later when he did the whole divine ki thing that he started getting stronger but more controlled, though they do wind up at various points with people coming in saying "hey uh, can you guys chill for a second? if you keep hitting each other you're gonna break like... the universe" still.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29322 on: October 13, 2016, 08:42:01 pm »

Well, SSJ3 Goku did punch a chunk right out of it, it's only later when he did the whole divine ki thing that he started getting stronger but more controlled, though they do wind up at various points with people coming in saying "hey uh, can you guys chill for a second? if you keep hitting each other you're gonna break like... the universe" still.

In all fairness it wasn't that the power of their blows was so powerful that it would destroy the universe. It was more a law of physics.

You see it again when it shows that when Gods of Destruction fight it starts a chain reaction that will destroy the universe (albeit much more slowly)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29323 on: October 14, 2016, 01:57:15 am »

While I'm in here, any new series worth watching at the moment? I finished rewatching Full Metal Alchemist and for the live of me, I could not find something else to watch.
Dangan Ronpa just finished. Season 3 kind of had the same problem as the Star Wars Prequels, but Kodaka knows how to cut his losses at least; it's done. No 70 gorrillion episode anime for us.

Other than that, the newest show I've paid attention to is Rokka No Yuusha or Yuki Yuna, so I'm a bit behind (I mostly watch anime with Team Lube Monkey now, and Sprin can't into subtitles, which blew our Re:Zero idea out of the water. And nothing else I've seen looks that great.)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29324 on: October 14, 2016, 04:00:12 am »

91 Days has a good style, check that one out.
Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 [1955] 1956 1957 ... 2193