Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072934 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28770 on: September 05, 2016, 11:04:12 am »

Speaking of voice actors I've been watching Hellsing Ultimate and I didn't realise it had Wakamoto and Jouji in leading roles. Every scene with them together is amazing.

I've also laughed out loud at the series more than I think anything else I've ever watched
It's so weirdly funny in a beautiful, metal way.
I honestly never thought that I'd hear "keep reading or I'll shoot the other testicle" in an anime.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28771 on: September 05, 2016, 11:19:13 am »

I'm pretty sure that if someone shot you in that area that there would be very little left, regardless of how you aimed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28772 on: September 05, 2016, 11:43:31 am »

Speaking of voice actors I've been watching Hellsing Ultimate and I didn't realise it had Wakamoto and Jouji in leading roles. Every scene with them together is amazing.

I've also laughed out loud at the series more than I think anything else I've ever watched
I honestly never thought that I'd hear "keep reading or I'll shoot the other testicle" in an anime.
That's from the Abridgement though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: September 05, 2016, 03:04:36 pm »

"Intro-to-gluestick" would mean a character who's introduced, does some stuff then quickly retired.
Cool!

I was using it as a vague reference for either the kids in second grade who eat their gluesticks,
or something which has been stuck haphazardly on top of an already established scene, as though the character was slapped on by an ameteur with a gluestick.

So the third angle makes it a nice and complex insult.

Jerry Seinfeld actually used "Gluestick" as the name of a really shit horse in his standup routine about racehorses, so it's an established thing.
Yes but 'intro-to' muddies those waters.
Jokes about horses being made into glue has been around long before seinfeld got to 'em.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28774 on: September 05, 2016, 04:10:39 pm »

Keeps reminding me I need to check those out, it was just a sort of reflex to not trust anything but dbz abridged and not knowing that hellsing was the same folks at first, though the evangelion one was pretty damn funny.

"...AND THE PROMS TOMORROW!"

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28775 on: September 05, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

Keeps reminding me I need to check those out, it was just a sort of reflex to not trust anything but dbz abridged and not knowing that hellsing was the same folks at first, though the evangelion one was pretty damn funny.

"...AND THE PROMS TOMORROW!"
"Misato! I found more yogurt on the floor!"

It's kind of weird though, there doesn't seem to be any full abridgement of the series on youtube. Same with PMMM; Madoka Magically Abridged cut after 2 (HILARIOUS) episodes, and Meduka Meguca only got to 4 episodes.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28776 on: September 05, 2016, 05:04:03 pm »

Are you implying Madoka wasn't hilarious already? What with the little girls dying, falling to their own worst fears and becoming what they're fighting against, that one little girl failing to keep the people she cares about from dying over and over, and the whole thing being a goddamn cosmic scam?

Oh wait, that isn't very funny when you say it like that, is it?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28777 on: September 05, 2016, 06:09:32 pm »

The Evangelion one by gigguk is pretty good. It splits RoE 1.0 into four parts and intentionally ends there.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28778 on: September 05, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

Yar, that is the one I was talking about. "...but how could I menstruate?" 'That's a good fucking question.'

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28779 on: September 05, 2016, 08:56:05 pm »

Spoiler: Toradora episode 20 (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28780 on: September 05, 2016, 08:59:35 pm »

What prompted the listing of the Danganronpa cast?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28781 on: September 05, 2016, 10:02:51 pm »

What prompted the listing of the Danganronpa cast?
I linked Sprin a sprite of Junko Enoshima (with her face mostly covered) after making a joke about conquering the planet. He made a severe logical leap, and somehow ended up in exactly the right place (JUNKO IS INVOLVED WITH THE WHOLE HIGH SCHOOL KILLING GAME AND HAS BEEN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING). I don't know how he managed to connect her having a monokuma hairclip with her being "involved" with despair but he did. The listing was part of a massive effort to redirect him before he connected any more dots he shouldn't have been able to see.

tl;dr I accidentally spoiled Sprin. At least he seemed happy about it, and it's not too vital of a spoiler; I'm actually surprised he hadn't seen Junko around with that same hair clip. I knew the moment She died that she was going to come back at some point, since I saw all these sprites that I didn't see in game. Didn't connect her with Mukuro Ikusaba though, which is good.

I told him Kyouko dies and he freaked out.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28782 on: September 06, 2016, 12:20:30 am »

"Intro-to-gluestick" would mean a character who's introduced, does some stuff then quickly retired.
Cool!

I was using it as a vague reference for either the kids in second grade who eat their gluesticks,
or something which has been stuck haphazardly on top of an already established scene, as though the character was slapped on by an ameteur with a gluestick.

So the third angle makes it a nice and complex insult.

Jerry Seinfeld actually used "Gluestick" as the name of a really shit horse in his standup routine about racehorses, so it's an established thing.
Yes but 'intro-to' muddies those waters.
Jokes about horses being made into glue has been around long before seinfeld got to 'em.
In Reelya's interpretation, which I think makes sense, it's that you go straight from the intro to the part where the character is long past its prime; it serves no purpose by the time it's done being introduced. Apparently not what Tack meant, which just goes to show how convoluted the English language is, a random phrase meant one way can be something coherent yet totally unrelated with a different set of schema.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28783 on: September 06, 2016, 01:20:54 am »

Right. Wasn't seeing the syntax.
As in "Intro -> Gluestick" vs "Gluesticking: 101"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28784 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

Team Lube Monkey prLoudly presents...

Spoiler: Toradora episode 21 (click to show/hide)

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 2193