Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3068473 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28140 on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »

#4 - Chiaki Nanami
You have good taste, sir.
#4 - Chiaki Nanami
You have good taste, sir.
she would probably be even higher if she were pc master race. But she's a console pleb.

Not that anyone is passing ryuuko's place any time soon.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28141 on: July 11, 2016, 04:08:44 pm »

Seriously though, half the series is just close up eyeball movements. I'm not exaggerating, LITERALLY half the show's screentime is dedicated to watching peoples eyeballs move around.
Seems to check out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28142 on: July 11, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »

Taking a break from the Trigger-a-thon, and finished the first bit of Utena, aka 13 episodes worth of unhealthy attachment styles and gratuitous bitchslapping.

It's been helping me practice listening while I study Japanese, and I'm starting to pick up on things that get lost in translation; I just noticed Utena refers to herself with the pronoun Boku instead of Watashi. Pretty sure she's got a chronic case of bein' the Biggest Gorram Tomboy in 90's Anime, and I love it.

I'm at the start of the Black Rose saga now, and noticed the music quality jumped up a bit (particularly the opera segments during the Duels and the Intro Sequence). The tone made a jump toward the dark and serious too; went from swordfights with various jerks and Freaky Friday Curry to "Lets take a trip to the school's secret morgue-shrine full of 100 actual dead bodies" pretty quick there.

Liking it so far, though.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28143 on: July 11, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »

Screwed up eyes or not.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You gotta respect a girl who carries a gravitational beam emitter sword and uses it with so much style, purpose, and flair.

Shame the Blame! clip in Knight's of Sidonia (S2E8 btw) didn't include P-Cell, though it's also rich waifu hinterlands (Izana or Tsumugi... hmmm, we know Izana is gonna age well, robot hand too... but on the other hand who doesn't want to date a giant spacefaring biobot?) plus the main reason I am so hard on the new Berserk series.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28144 on: July 12, 2016, 05:43:22 am »

plus the main reason I am so hard on the new Berserk series.
Because it DOESN'T have giant spacefaring biobots for you to date?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28145 on: July 12, 2016, 06:10:47 am »

The impulse and opportunity to watch more Kill la Kill finally lined up once more, I'm getting close to the end now. I wasn't expecting the series to take any of the turns that it has. It's earned a high place in my all-time favorites, that's for sure.

I'm especially surprised how much the characters have grown on me, so naturally; I didn't even notice it happening but I'm incredibly invested in all of the heroes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:

Just finished it. Holy shit, what a show. I haven't teared up for an anime in a long time, but it happened again. Now to find out what else Trigger has done!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:07:01 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28146 on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:02 pm »

We started watching this thinking it was actually Princess Tutu, mostly because I'm stupid.

But it was too good to drop. Who says you need three episodes to know if a series is any good?

But what awaited us was the Curse. The show, it seems, didn't appreciate being mixed up for another. We thought it would be all in good fun. We thought there would be ducks.

There were no ducks. Only a trail of bitter tears and failure. Only a empty abyss where once hope had stood. Despair settled over us like a cloud of black feathers, silently quacking as we drowned in a sea of technical issues. The curse had been laid. The curse had been triggered.

The curse would last... forever.

almost forgot!
9:29 PM - bfel001 was kicked by Karnewarrior.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:30:14 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28147 on: July 12, 2016, 10:34:25 pm »

9:11 PM - Karnewarrior: uh
9:11 PM - Karnewarrior: that's the sun
9:11 PM - Karnewarrior: THAT'S THE SUN
9:11 PM - Karnewarrior: ANGRY SUN
9:11 PM - Sprin: PANIC
9:11 PM - bfel001: IT HAS EYES
9:11 PM - Sprin: *flips table*
9:11 PM - Karnewarrior: SOMEONE CALL YUKI YUNA

You forgot "Just call me SPF140, I'll protect you from sunburn"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28148 on: July 13, 2016, 03:36:50 am »

plus the main reason I am so hard on the new Berserk series.
Because it DOESN'T have giant spacefaring biobots for you to date?
Well... kinda?

No, it's because the CGI in Sidonia is such a great translation of the manga, the characters are expressive, little details are spot on, but I hate to be picky with other groups because I'm sure the Sidonia team had a hell of a budget to work with, and I don't know what the situation is for the Berserk group... but little details like Guts having a properly shaped jaw or Casca being dark and exotic?

Maybe I'm wrong, but when you're making this stuff for a new show, I'd think it wouldn't cost anything extra to push a couple voxels or whatnot out on the skull mesh to square off his jaw, nor would it cost anything extra to tweak the colors on the Casca mesh, am I wrong?

To spend enough time to get little things like the number of straps on his armor and the scuffs on his sword right, then leave his jaw all weird... or Farnesse's nose, where did it go?

Yes, this is stuff I wouldn't be so picky about... but Berserk is old enough to have kids enrolled in school now, there's damn near 340 chapters out, there's no reason to not know exactly what the main characters look like at this point, right?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28149 on: July 13, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »

Having restored my internet access after 3-ish weeks without, I'm having to catch up on everything I missed. Luluco and Agetarou finished up very satisfactorily. As did Sakamato Desu Ga, which ended definitively, which is heartbreaking as I had fallen in love with it so hard.

I just need to catch up on Jojo and AA. I absolutely love the second second of Food Wars though, I should rewatch season one just to re-catch my self up on the unstoppable food orgasms. OISHIII!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28150 on: July 13, 2016, 10:22:09 pm »

No Food Wars no matter how hard you try I am not going to feel sorry for Erina.

Also yay! a Megumi episode my favorite! I really hope she wins if only so she actually gets more face time... Unfortunately... her timing in this series kind of puts her in a bad position... She very well could lose just so she doesn't face up against any of the protagonists (since... well... only the protagonists are kind of left)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28151 on: July 13, 2016, 10:49:28 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28152 on: July 13, 2016, 11:02:43 pm »

I watched RWBY Volume 3. fuck, dude
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28153 on: July 13, 2016, 11:46:11 pm »

OISHIII!!!
huah ♥

Maybe I'm wrong, but when you're making this stuff for a new show, I'd think it wouldn't cost anything extra to push a couple voxels or whatnot out on the skull mesh to square off his jaw, nor would it cost anything extra to tweak the colors on the Casca mesh, am I wrong?
Compared to traditional animation, CGI costs basically nothing, so yeah, there's no excuse for Beserk's crappiness.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28154 on: July 13, 2016, 11:54:24 pm »

Compared to traditional animation, CGI costs basically nothing, so yeah, there's no excuse for Beserk's crappiness.

Yes but CGI... at least... "inexpensive" CGI looks bad...

Well ok it isn't that things look bad... it is that things... move bad.

Lets just say where people proclaim about anime's ohh so subtle use of CGI that fits seamlessly in the animation... I see REALLY awkward movements and oddly textured and shadowed characters.
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 2193