Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1853 1854 [1855] 1856 1857 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066238 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27810 on: June 05, 2016, 03:04:52 pm »

I'm not sure if having to disguise bad content with bad translation is something I'm willing to accept. I mean, it can lend a work some questionable charm, but I think that's very rarely enough to save a genuinely bad thing.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27811 on: June 05, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

Eh. If it makes it enjoyable, I'm not one to question much the why of it. Or care. I have standards in regards to entertainment right up until they get in the way of being entertained, at which point they can take a hike.

Well. Unless I'm paying for it, I guess. Most of the stuff I consume entertainment wise these days is... not stuff people are asking money for, save maybe donations.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27812 on: June 05, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »

Finished rewatching Noragami and turns out I missed a lot of stuff when I first watched it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27813 on: June 05, 2016, 10:40:00 pm »

Spoiler: Macross Delta (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27814 on: June 06, 2016, 06:07:26 pm »

Okay, so I watched what's aired of Naked Samurai and Genuinely Average Average High School Girl. Fun stuff. The "Eva, if the characters weren't emotional wrecks and there wasn't a bunch of fake symbolism" touch is nice, the out-of-time culture shock was thorough and well-executed. The plot is vague enough that I'm not sure which route it's going. It's nice to see a protagonist who is an average high school kid that actually acts and thinks like one instead of the Heroic Hero(ine) of Destiny and/or the easily-entranced shoujo female lead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27815 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:53 pm »

Also not having a third of the dialogue be nonsensical technobabble is a nice fix as well.

Anyways, got trough SEED, it was pretty ok, tho it did get kinda bothersome by the end, plus killing of Mu was totally uncalled for, dude was probably the coolest guy in the show (well, along with Waltfeld). So I jumped into Destiny right afterwards and it seems like the entire thing again? Just with sillier looking gundams? (seriously, that multi part assembling one is dumb as fuck, I know these things operate on rule of cool, but even then, they have some logic and reason to them, this seems like an utterly pointless way to delay the deployment time and put the whole thing at risk before it's complete).

Also the whole clone thing happening again is kinda stupid :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27816 on: June 07, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »

God, yeah. "These are giant robots. We use gravity manipulation to allow them to exist. We're fighting aliens who visited Earth in the past." Bam. Done.

The only major complaint I have is that the giant robots are all ugly as shit. The little ones actually look pretty good though, like a realistic interpretation of what combat exosuits might look like.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27817 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:59 pm »

Eh, the Gugnir (or whatever the relic is called) is kinda cool actually, not so much the design but the way it moves about is really nice and fluid. The others are far too blocky and unwieldy looking to be cool.

Tho agreed on the small walkers, the first time I saw them I thought they were Walker Gears :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27818 on: June 07, 2016, 09:04:30 pm »

Finished Macross 7. Loved it. The power of rock is beautiful. Something was oddly satisfying just how little fucks Basara had to give about anything.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:11:13 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27819 on: June 07, 2016, 09:09:24 pm »

Eh, the Gugnir (or whatever the relic is called) is kinda cool actually, not so much the design but the way it moves about is really nice and fluid. The others are far too blocky and unwieldy looking to be cool.

Tho agreed on the small walkers, the first time I saw them I thought they were Walker Gears :D
Yeah, that one is decent. Was mostly talking about the alien ones and the human-made ones. All awkward and scarecrow-like. Also that giant unfolding whip-arm is patently absurd.

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27820 on: June 07, 2016, 10:33:47 pm »

Finished Macross 7. Loved it. The power of rock is beautiful. Something was oddly satisfying just how little fucks Basara had to give about anything.

Basara eats a leaf. Video description is relevant to the discussion.

Good morning Mylene.

And of course Touhou meets Macross 7 (plus a bit of other Macross's) in Charge Master Spark. Even if you saw this before, it'll make a whole lot more sense if you saw Macross 7 (but check out the Macross 7 OVA Fleet of the Strongest Women before seeing this).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:48:56 pm by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27821 on: June 07, 2016, 11:24:32 pm »

Basara eats a leaf. Video description is relevant to the discussion.

Good morning Mylene.

And of course Touhou meets Macross 7 (plus a bit of other Macross's) in Charge Master Spark. Even if you saw this before, it'll make a whole lot more sense if you saw Macross 7 (but check out the Macross 7 OVA Fleet of the Strongest Women before seeing this).

Thanks for the links. Didn't know 7Plus was a thing. I watched the encore episodes and the movie last night. Gonna power through Dynamite 7 tomorrow probably.

I've been watching Escaflowne recently and have been loving it. Medieval mecha are a personal love of mine despite being so rarely encountered. I love how atmospheric and jrpg-ish the setting is as well. Amusingly in summation it feels kinda like some sort of super-representation of nineties anime, considering how it has high fantasy, shojo romance, a protagonist transported from earth to another world, catgirls, mecha, a surprisingly large amount of blood, and a heavily censored Saturday morning dub.

EDIT: UQ Holder continues to be back on track this week. Now with more Negima-ness

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:41:34 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27822 on: June 07, 2016, 11:46:19 pm »

Beware the Escaflowne "movie". It's a complete "retelling" of the main series which changes almost all the plot details. Hated it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27823 on: June 07, 2016, 11:58:34 pm »

Yeah I've heard a lot of complaints about it. I think I might still check it out at some point for the sake of personal completionism goals, but thanks for the warning.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:03:44 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27824 on: June 08, 2016, 04:39:29 am »

In Kuromukuro they just translated someone referring to the enemy mecha as "bitches" (literally the English word) to "sluts". I mean, just why would you change that? It certainly fails to be less sexist, so I can only assume whoever subbed this just decided to be a dick.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:42:40 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1853 1854 [1855] 1856 1857 ... 2193