Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063173 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27090 on: April 14, 2016, 11:43:01 am »

So I discovered that there's animes that are just made up of 3 minute episodes, and some of them are decent enough, if only because the time constraint makes them hurry the hell up and the entire series of them can only consist of a <1 hour time investment. I just watched Ojisan And Marshmallow, and that was very ticklingly pleasant.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27091 on: April 14, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!? is kinda like that, although I don't think the episode lengths were that drastically short. It was a nice change of pace to watch slice-of-life that wasn't schoolgirl focused.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27092 on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:44 pm »

So I discovered that there's animes that are just made up of 3 minute episodes, and some of them are decent enough, if only because the time constraint makes them hurry the hell up and the entire series of them can only consist of a <1 hour time investment. I just watched Ojisan And Marshmallow, and that was very ticklingly pleasant.
Yeah, shorter anime seem to be gaining in popularity lately.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27093 on: April 14, 2016, 01:42:41 pm »

I think that's because of the all-too-slow death of traditional television. A show that can be watched in a handful of sittings is much more appealing for users of streaming services (Netflix and Crunchyroll) than a 200+ episode series.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27094 on: April 14, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »

I think that's because of the all-too-slow death of traditional television. A show that can be watched in a handful of sittings is much more appealing for users of streaming services (Netflix and Crunchyroll) than a 200+ episode series.
A 200+ episode series can be watched in a couple sittings if you sit long enough, and those services aren't super popular in Japan (the country where anime's revenue is generated) anyway. And I really haven't noticed a decrease in shows getting additional seasons, which is popular among streamers anyway (less so among the direct TV audience, which tends to be more satisfied with whatever's on and prefer regularity to a deferred continuation). I was just talking about episode length; shows with episodes under 22 minutes have been getting more attention these last few seasons.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27095 on: April 14, 2016, 03:05:56 pm »

There's a photo attached to the live-action Ghost In The Shell project, which means it is now only mostly a myth instead of just a myth.

Sorry if I'm still skeptical, but I've gotten too excited over rumors of my favorite things being adapted. The thing is though, Ghost In The Shell already has a rich library of perfectly fine animated films. I guess I'll get the novelty of seeing one in the theater at least? :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27096 on: April 14, 2016, 05:46:54 pm »

btw I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!? was literally 3 minutes per episode. An odd example was Puchimas! (Petit Idolmaster) was 2.5 minutes per episode, and ran daily 5 days per week, with about 140 episodes in total.

A more recent trend is packing three 8 minute shows into a single block.

But most of the target audience don't experience the shows like that (marathoning already completed shows). A three-minute show is there because it represents a low commitment on a weekly basis. If you want a handful of sittings there are already OVAs and 12 episode shows. Some 3 minute shows are longer than that (over 100 episodes), so clearly they're aimed at piecemeal consumption, not fast marathoning.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:54:58 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27097 on: April 14, 2016, 08:28:28 pm »

btw I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!? was literally 3 minutes per episode.
It also fit more in to those 3 minutes than most shows do in 30.

A 200+ episode series can be watched in a couple sittings if you sit long enough
But some of us have lives

Like, not me, but some people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27098 on: April 14, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

btw I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!? was literally 3 minutes per episode. An odd example was Puchimas! (Petit Idolmaster) was 2.5 minutes per episode, and ran daily 5 days per week, with about 140 episodes in total.

It's been months since I watched it. I was thinking it was probably 5, maybe even 10 minutes per episode, because as OW says:

It also fit more in to those 3 minutes than most shows do in 30.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #27099 on: April 14, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »

inb4 someone dies trying to marathon all of One Piece
Eh, I think having really short, easily digestible episodes is just runoff from many TV channels trying to imitate the spontaneousness of the internet and all of its random "humor"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27100 on: April 14, 2016, 08:40:46 pm »

I Can't Understand is really good though
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27101 on: April 14, 2016, 10:52:41 pm »

Hey, if you just watched One Piece, with a full eight hours a day set aside for sleeping, going to the bathroom, etc., you could catch up with the whole series in as little as 2 and a half weeks! (Assuming you skip every single intro song and the credits.) :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27102 on: April 15, 2016, 02:44:28 am »

Hey, if you just watched One Piece, with a full eight hours a day set aside for sleeping, going to the bathroom, etc., you could catch up with the whole series in as little as 2 and a half weeks! (Assuming you skip every single intro song and the credits.) :P

I've done that before... It would probably make you hate one piece.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #27103 on: April 15, 2016, 03:21:18 am »

i think that would brainwash me into thinking I'm an anime pirate.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27104 on: April 15, 2016, 03:41:12 am »

And then follow it up with Detective Conan, and the police find you dead from Conan overexposure. Gonna have to write it into your will that a small tv w/ power source be placed into your casket so you can take the Otaku Lyfe down into the grave with you.
Pages: 1 ... 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 ... 2193