Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057891 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25950 on: January 11, 2016, 01:14:11 pm »

why did you do it reelya
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25951 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:41 pm »

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25952 on: January 12, 2016, 04:26:38 am »

Dimension W - not sure about this show, but the setting is interesting enough to continue watching. The best I can describe it is as a less-edgy version of Darker Than Black (which I'd recommend over this however).

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R - amazing effort, this manages to be much worse than the original show, which wasn't very good to start with. The point of the original was that she's an incompetent idol + magical girl with a fairly shitty personality (similar to Sailor Moon's bitchy moments, but with none of the redeeming qualities). So the entire point was that she's useless and she sucks, i.e. pathos. But in the new version they transplanted her to highschool, and made her an optimistic and popular upcoming idol with lavish CGI concert scenes. So they took the parody out of a parody, and what's left is a boring husk.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut - synopsis seems designed to make me not want to watch this: Lux, a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:23:05 am by Reelya »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #25953 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »

Decided to start watching The Asterisk War over on crunchyroll after watching Digibro video on it (Which I would highly recommend over watch this show), seeing how bad this anime could really be...
I only just figure that that this is made from the the studio that made SAO and now I got to watch this to the end out of pure spite from the amount of plot hole that are popping up from just one episode and along side all the 'Fan Service' which just seem really trashy and out of place while getting in the way for character (one of the first scenes with the main female character is a prev scene on her for no reason)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25954 on: January 12, 2016, 08:40:06 pm »

You should look at the director of Asterisk Wars, not the studio who released it. None of his previous shows were done with A-1 Pictures. But he is responsible for Irregular At Magical High School (Madhouse studios), which is the show that we're always bashing in this thread. He was also responsible for the complete dribbling mess that was Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (Sunrise studios). So, the studio keeps changing but this guy churns out crap most of the time. There's your smoking gun.

The large studios are more like publishers, making a wide range of shows, and directors/producers often move between them (as seen above). A-1 pictures also make some really great shows.

Even with directors you can't always tell. The director of Sword Art Online has made some pretty good stuff as well, such as Silver Spoon, and he was assistant director on a number of great movies and shows such as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Death Note. Right now he's directing Boku dake ga Inai Machi, which looks like the most interesting show of the season to me. In other words, a director can only do so much with the source material they're given to adapt.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:59:19 pm by Reelya »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #25955 on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:41 pm »

Ah ok, thanks Reelya ^-^

Finally at the end of episode 2 and this is not getting any better right now, sound design of the weapon sound really silly (It sound like a plastic toy is being swing when people attack each other), the characters seem to have little depth to them with ill-logical reason for being in the show with the main female lead only reason for going to the school in this is to earn money even though she is part of a Royal Family that give her MONEY.

Edit:I just feel like watching 'Jojo Bizarre Adventure' once more because it did all the stuff that this show is doing horrible at right, great character design with personality and understandable motive, great villains that you love to hate and just want to watch how they get beaten, the greatest of sexy posing and funny/bizarre moments.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:33:41 pm by Evilsx »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25956 on: January 12, 2016, 09:45:03 pm »

"Techno-magical artificial-island battle-academy harem" is becoming common enough to be it's own genre now. A Certain Magical Index and Strike the Blood are two other shows I've seen which have that exact setting. One show = unique, two shows = someone ripped someone's idea off, three+ shows = genre.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:47:44 pm by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25957 on: January 12, 2016, 09:53:54 pm »

...Well then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25958 on: January 12, 2016, 10:28:27 pm »

That's a weirdly specific genre.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25959 on: January 12, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »

Let me see... probably will have magical weapons and skirts... and a loud mouthed brat, a shy one, and a smart one... and be somewhat perverted.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25960 on: January 12, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

Let me see... probably will have magical weapons and skirts... and a loud mouthed brat, a shy one, and a smart one... and be somewhat perverted.
Don't forget about cameltoe.
And the skirts are too short to cover the panties even from the eyes of people walking on the other side of the road.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:58:13 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25961 on: January 12, 2016, 10:39:30 pm »

Don't forget about cameltoe.
And the skirts are too short to cover the panties even from the eyes people walking on the other side of the road.

I love how we aren't even eliminating any animes yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25962 on: January 12, 2016, 10:50:53 pm »

An exaggerated tsundere, at least one loli, and if the MC has a sister, her route will also be open.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25963 on: January 12, 2016, 11:04:34 pm »

That reminds me of something from Gokukoku no Brynhildr (which was by the Elfen Lied guy). The tsundere is paralyzed and can only communicate via typing into a voice synthesizer, ala Stephen Hawking. But her synth does the full range of tsundere vocal inflection. Very impressive display of technology there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25964 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:53 pm »

"Techno-magical artificial-island battle-academy harem" is becoming common enough to be it's own genre now. A Certain Magical Index and Strike the Blood are two other shows I've seen which have that exact setting. One show = unique, two shows = someone ripped someone's idea off, three+ shows = genre.
I was gonna say this is probably just a common setting or set of features in an extant genre, but then I got sort of tripped up about whether battle academy harem was its own genre or the academy harem genre with battle features. So I guess it's sort of a "where do you want to draw the line" type thing, ala languages vs dialects or species vs breeds.

That reminds me of something from Gokukoku no Brynhildr (which was by the Elfen Lied guy). The tsundere is paralyzed and can only communicate via typing into a voice synthesizer, ala Stephen Hawking. But her synth does the full range of tsundere vocal inflection. Very impressive display of technology there.
Well, you start letting it yell when you do all caps, and then the features keep snowballing...

Also I'm gonna take a wild guess and say she probably wasn't doing a whole lot other than vocally tsundereing, so it was kind of important for her.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2193