Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059650 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25725 on: December 30, 2015, 08:29:06 am »

A huge part is also that a lot of Akiyama's plans rely heavily on Nao

Quite a few would be impossible if it wasn't for her. As they need either her trustworthiness or naiveté
Yeah this is legitimately really cool.  With each passing game her reputation becomes a more powerful asset.

The ending of Liar Game is rushed and not good but there are a lot of things the series did well.  I would also recommend Kaiji in a similar vein.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: December 30, 2015, 09:25:44 am »

Taking a break from all your moe animu sillyness, the teaser for the new berserk anime project is out, and it looks pretty great :v
"Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But in all seriousness my hype has been dulled. That CGI looks pretty shitty and doesn't match the style of Berserk at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25727 on: December 30, 2015, 09:41:19 am »

Taking a break from all your moe animu sillyness, the teaser for the new berserk anime project is out, and it looks pretty great :v
"Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But in all seriousness my hype has been dulled. That CGI looks pretty shitty and doesn't match the style of Berserk at all.

Yes. It looks absolutely terrible. Makes me sad that it's CGI. So much for the hype.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25728 on: December 30, 2015, 11:54:11 am »

A huge part is also that a lot of Akiyama's plans rely heavily on Nao

Quite a few would be impossible if it wasn't for her. As they need either her trustworthiness or naiveté
Yeah this is legitimately really cool.  With each passing game her reputation becomes a more powerful asset.

The ending of Liar Game is rushed and not good but there are a lot of things the series did well.  I would also recommend Kaiji in a similar vein.

You are right though.

I like the idea for the ending, heck honestly some aspects of the movie were outright perfect for the series.

But the execution made it feel like a combination of two really slow episodes.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25729 on: December 30, 2015, 11:59:41 am »

I'm talking about the manga, I have no idea about the show.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: December 30, 2015, 01:14:04 pm »

I'm talking about the manga, I have no idea about the show.

Yes the Manga indeed...

What is funny is the show actually has a TV special set after the liars game (Liars Game Revival I think) and they basically do a slight twist on the manga's ending... and it is still not very good

The actual ending to the Live Action Liars game, in spite what I said, is a much more satisfying ending all things considered.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25731 on: December 30, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

Spoiler: Orguss (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: December 31, 2015, 12:12:33 am »

Honestly what is wrong with me?

With everything going on in Dragon Ball Super all the questions and plot threads being set up...

The one I am flat out the most interested in is: "How the world did Bulma keep that ice cream cold?"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: December 31, 2015, 12:16:12 am »

Honestly what is wrong with me?

With everything going on in Dragon Ball Super all the questions and plot threads being set up...

The one I am flat out the most interested in is: "How the world did Bulma keep that ice cream cold?"
It's always the simple things that get you.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25734 on: December 31, 2015, 12:31:07 am »

Given the famous Pokemon jelly donuts thing are we even sure it's ice-cream? I'm sure they could come up with a lot more substitutions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrriBr-46_I&t=11
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:34:00 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25735 on: December 31, 2015, 01:50:17 am »

Isn't Bulma canonically a super genius inventor? She could probs make ice cream that doesn't melt.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: December 31, 2015, 07:35:27 am »

The odd things are the stuff that moot the games sometimes feeling EXTREMELY random.

For example at one point he sticks out his tongue... apparently that counts as crossing his fingers (which is somehow legal)... Yet earlier he said he would win using only paper which also could have been construed as a condition.

what

no shit it's random, you just described complete nonsense

i mean, i believe you obviously, but i can't fathom the rules behind whatever you're describing

is it... is it rock paper scissors?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25737 on: December 31, 2015, 07:50:09 am »

The Rock Paper Scissors game has a flaw, in that the game goes against the series' catchphrase "Blank Never Loses". They say it often enough that it should be a factor in other people's thinking about what Blank will choose to do. Blank would never pick an option which does not contain a win condition, so those should be excluded straight away based on who you are playing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: December 31, 2015, 09:34:58 am »

Ok well let me unfold it.

Basically Putnam there are 10 laws (Covenants, so divine law) and while I cannot remember them exactly they basically amount to... (I relooked to get it right)
1) Murder, Theft, and War are forbidden
2) All conflict is to be resolved in victory by games
3) Both sides must offer something up and agree with it.
4) As soon as both sides agree to the conditions, it becomes absolute
5) The challenged sets the rules (essentially chose the game)
6) "Bets sworn upon the covenants shall be honored"
7) disagreements between groups will be solved by representatives (Honestly this one bugs me... since it is just blatantly set up for our hero)
8) Being caught cheating during a game shall result in a loss
9) The previous rules cannot be overturned
10) Have Fun

---

So... when making the Wagers basically this happened

If we tie you could do us a small favor and house us in the palace

With the underlines being where his tongue was out.

Ohh and "We will win using only paper" doesn't count as a rule, in spite him being the challenged, because... uhhhh... main character.

Likewise accepting a object that was bet on back was apperantly considered cheating on the 6th law (in spite... that not being what "honored" means). Likewise the third law means you can offer up anything... including nothing (Which... is kind of contrary to the point of the law but whatever)... and I am not even getting started, the series is just a endless parade of "Are we sure there are actual covenants?".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:50:36 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25739 on: December 31, 2015, 10:04:18 am »

Neo, none of what you're saying would make any sense to someone who didn't watch the show. What you're saying seems incoherent and doesn't make any sense to me, who actually watched the show. You're just jumping around and none of it is contextually linked so you sound like you're incoherently babbling.
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2193