Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055653 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25200 on: October 29, 2015, 05:42:03 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25201 on: October 29, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »

Supposedly it was confirmed on the livestream announcement that the idols will not be pilots, though the plot summary does mention a "tactical sound division"
They do kinda' look like they could be slaaneshi...

... I'll be honest, I'd actually watch if those ten were, in fact, noise marines.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25202 on: October 30, 2015, 12:00:54 am »

Wow I am only now realizing how extremely prolific the English voice actor for Inuyasha is.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: October 30, 2015, 12:14:58 am »

It's been forever since I've seen Inuyasha. It was one of the very first anime that I ever saw, late nights on Adult Swim. I don't even remember what Inuyasha sounded like.

... And more Plastic Memories. What is with this show? Whenever I'm extremely disappointed and quit watching, I come back and it has a completely knock-out "Wow, that was really neat" moment that makes me want to continue.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25204 on: October 30, 2015, 12:17:18 am »

I don't even remember what Inuyasha sounded like.

Like a cartoonish immature snot

Kind of perfect... Then again it was one of the only animes where the English VAs were better then the Japanese VAs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: October 30, 2015, 07:50:34 am »

I just finished Baki the Grappler season 2. Another one of those animes that I felt OK just powering through episode after episode. I thought it was very enjoyable and tense... but the series ends with the MAIN PLOT unresolved. Ties up all the sideplots, sure, but the big main one? Nah! They just forget about it. I just really hate that I'm seemingly expected to just pick up the manga to learn what happens next... Actually I can say that about anything really, I just don't want to transition between mediums to get a full grasp of a story.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: October 30, 2015, 11:56:30 pm »

Bone Lovin' Sakurako is a really cool show. I can appreciate intelligent, self-confident female characters. It's not all about lovin' bones though, she's like a female Detective Conan, except with less super shoes and ventriloquism. I hope that future eps have her facing off against a Skeleton Mafia, a Paleontology Kingpin, and an Osteological Joker.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25207 on: October 31, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »

Definitely seconding Sakurako, it's a very un-anime mystery/crime series. Would be a good choice to show someone who is into western crime dramas.

Starting watching the new series of Aria. Unfortunately that's Hidan no Aria, not the good Aria series. Well, at least I can say Hidan no Aria AA isn't a harem anime anymore. There's a new main character (female), her female classmates, and Aria is the only returning main character. Well, it's a slight step up from season 1 since it doesn't have the same tsundere harem gags the first one had (Aria is played by the same VA as Louise from ZnT and was basically the same character: "b-b-baka"). This time it's got a lot of crazy lesbian stalkers trying to kill the main characters though. Has a lot of mood whiplash however. One minute it's cute happy days then the next minute there are yandere killers on the loose.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:17:37 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: November 01, 2015, 03:24:53 am »

Well Congratulations to Young Black Jack

I honestly expected them to make him so manly that torture just doesn't affect him. Sure he takes it in stride after the fact, but at least their reasoning is more "Look man... I was BLOWN UP!!! a little torture isn't breaking the bank on my resolve"

Double bonus points for actually having the woman tortured and triple for not sexualizing it.

The torture method in the episode wasn't QUITE what the Vietcong did... but honestly what they actually did would make me FAR too squeamish... so thanks Anime.

So far they are making Black Jack to be exceptional but not supernatural. Something that few anime actually attempt. Sure his medical skills are incredibly high, far higher then the current explanation justifies in my opinion, but I believe they will expand on this later.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:27:49 am by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25209 on: November 01, 2015, 09:39:28 am »

Eh... I'm pretty sure that Black Jack's medical skills are never really explained beyond 'Hard Work and Guts'. He is just really forced and determined to be the best at whatever he sets his mind to, which his why he can throw those scalpels around with such precision. Admittedly he did study under one of the greatest surgeons at the time (who was also his mentor and hero due to saving Black Jack's life) so that helps explain why he's so good. But the rest is pretty much him being a medical prodigy. From what I can remember at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: November 01, 2015, 10:06:20 am »

They haven't gotten to the "study under anyone" yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: November 01, 2015, 10:30:49 am »

Huh. I must be misremembering things then. Or that comes later. As I've mentioned many times before, it's been a long, long time since I read the manga so take everything with a grain of salt.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: November 01, 2015, 10:47:59 am »

Well animes and mangas are usually different anyway and often come up with different explanations.

And Sailormoon Crystal has showed me exactly why you can't just make your anime exactly like the manga...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: November 01, 2015, 12:40:54 pm »

There's no vocaloid thread or anything, and manga and other japanese stuff besides anime is discussed here, so...Dunno if anyone else mentioned it in thread, but Ruby's out for Vocaloid4, complete with official design. So that's cool.
I feel like the official image kinda borked the initial presentation up but she doesn't look bad. Fanart can look cute. *cough*four*cough*

But who cares about art for vocaloids, right? Ha.
Quality of the vocals varies, depending on who's doing the mixing, but she sounds neat. More english vocaloids and stuff. Progress and all that jazz.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25214 on: November 01, 2015, 01:58:32 pm »

... despite my complete lack of interest in the vocaloid stuff, looking at that art...

... am I the only one that thinks that looks passably like someone took ruby and yang from RWBY and mashed them together?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 [1681] 1682 1683 ... 2193