Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053452 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24900 on: October 10, 2015, 07:24:40 am »

>Watches Puella Magi Madoka Magica for the first time
>Within the first minute amazing music
>~20 minutes of high school anime
>HOLY F------ S--- WHAT'S GOING ON

EDIT: ...This would make a good video game. Just saying.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:46:40 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24901 on: October 10, 2015, 07:57:37 am »

And what do you know, there is one.
I mean, it's Japan-only and on the PSP, but it exists.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24902 on: October 10, 2015, 09:50:45 am »

I recently finished watching Shinsekai Yori and I really enjoyed it.  The characters and world were well realized and it handled its themes in a mature way.  I particularly appreciated that it never settled down into a predictable formula.
I watched this not long ago, i was extremely impressed with the way they handled everything. The english title is "from the new world" which is very fitting because the world was legitimately different, it had different values, mechanics, and issues that don't exist in ours. Despite some shitty animation in the first 5 episodes or so i thought they tightened it up well and the story is exemplary.
Spoiler: bigspoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd highly reccomend it to anyone looking for some combination of mystery, adventure and something that will really make you think, probably leaving you unsure about everything, really.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:55:41 am by Mattk50 »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24903 on: October 10, 2015, 11:37:02 am »

Kajiura Yuki is the musical composer.  I'll admit that there seems to be a bit of a strong similarity in her works for different shows, but she is quite talented.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:38:33 am by Culise »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24904 on: October 10, 2015, 04:31:47 pm »

Dear freeken goodness Young Black Jack that is some fantastic BS you pulled right there.

It is one of the few times I would have been much more glad to see a cop out

Here is what happened (or SERIOUSLY watch episode 2 right now!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seriously when did Young Black Jack become a soap opera?

I am just so stunned.. Like other things happened in that episode... but this is like What the heck!?! I honestly thought this show was at least slightly serious... I mean seriously that came completely out of left field.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:39:31 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24905 on: October 10, 2015, 04:41:26 pm »

That... honestly sounds like a Black Jack episode to me. In fact I almost want to say that it was an actual story from the manga, but I'm probably just getting it confused with another one. I vaguely remember him using plastic surgery to hide convicted criminals after they repented of their ways and things like that. Switching the patient's face with the evil rich guy seems pretty in line with the other stuff he's done/will do, honestly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24906 on: October 10, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »

It's stretching the definition of "video game," but I assume that's essentially the Higurashi VN.

But yeah, a Madoka game could be interesting, depending on where they go with it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: October 10, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »

To be honest, it was the whole thing where the Witches make labyrinths, which reminded me of Persona.
Keep in mind I'm only on episode 3, so I don't know if that opinion will change.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24908 on: October 10, 2015, 06:20:18 pm »

That... honestly sounds like a Black Jack episode to me. In fact I almost want to say that it was an actual story from the manga, but I'm probably just getting it confused with another one. I vaguely remember him using plastic surgery to hide convicted criminals after they repented of their ways and things like that. Switching the patient's face with the evil rich guy seems pretty in line with the other stuff he's done/will do, honestly.
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

This just clicked for me. You're telling me Jack Black is basically Franken Fran but with class warfare instead of horror and sadness?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24909 on: October 10, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »

This just clicked for me. You're telling me Jack Black is basically Franken Fran but with class warfare instead of horror and sadness hilarity?
Fixed~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24910 on: October 10, 2015, 06:24:12 pm »

I haven't watched Franken Fran so... I have no idea if that connection is true or not. But given that Black Jack started as a medical horror manga (for only a few stories, though it was long enough for him to make his adopted daughter from a cyst) I feel that you might be onto something here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24911 on: October 10, 2015, 06:55:44 pm »

I'd be terribly concerned if you had watched fraken fran, considering it doesn't seem to have received an anime adaptation :P

S'got (a completed) manga and an audio drama, near as I could tell, but nothing animated.

Still. Can't actually recommend it, due to its content, but I will say it's pretty much the only guro-style/focused piece of media I've actually enjoyed experiencing, pretty much ever. If you can stomach that sort of thing, it might be worth having a go at.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 06:57:54 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24912 on: October 10, 2015, 07:10:27 pm »

The content's Fiiinnne, sure, there are some boobies and some gore and some 'sexy' scenes and some really disturbing scenes and some really disturbing scenes on multiple levels and a ton of scenes showing the resident buttmonkey getting emotionally traumatised for like the thirteenth time and some scenes with disturbing implications but you know how it is.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24913 on: October 10, 2015, 07:49:27 pm »

But there are just soo many things wrong with it. How the heck did he get away with it this time?

"Ohhh, I gave your boss a little plastic surgery while I was at it... Ohhh the lack of chest incisions? uhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Plastic surgery alone in one thing... but he ripped off one guy's face and teeth and glued it onto someone elses... then ripped open one of their chests and tore out their heart only to shove it down the sink... Then he got out his barby makeup kit and proceeded to cover up the stitches along the guy's neck.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:51:16 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24914 on: October 10, 2015, 09:15:01 pm »

I have absolutely no explanation for that. I was merely commenting that the situation sounded like something right out of the manga. I'm sure that if it did come up in the manga it'd be handled much more sensibly, since Osamu Tezuka did have a medical degree. A big part of Black Jack has him using all of the medical knowledge he had learned and weaving it into the threads of the story.
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 2193