Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1658 1659 [1660] 1661 1662 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053368 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24885 on: October 09, 2015, 04:25:01 am »

It's from people who think swearing a lot makes you more edgy.

Also, the medicine thing might be because she has a mental image of him as ultra-tough and is thus surprised that he could be sick. When your mental image of someone is shaken you can be surprised at simple stuff. I remember in highschool this one kid was this ultra-anarchist, rebel type, and I got a bit surprised because this one time I saw him drinking a can of coke. It just didn't fit the mental image I had of him before that :/ Obviously the act in itself was nothing and would not have surprised me for anyone else, but this one guy made a big show of being the anti-corporate rebel type, and that was when I realized that stuff was all for show.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:29:34 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24886 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:31 am »

Certainly makes more sense then her just not being able to understand how someone healthy COULD need medicine.

--

Next on my "In order to understand anime" list. I need to try to remember childhood illnesses that can basically make you a bed ridden sick child but that usually just go away when your older.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24887 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:25 am »

Those kind of illnesses are pretty common. Kids get sick and puke, a lot.

Think about adults with a cold who soldier on and work anyway. Then think about kids with colds. They definitely do not soldier on the way adults do.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:48:50 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24888 on: October 09, 2015, 04:52:06 am »

I mean more... prolonged childhood illness that creates those "people who were always sick as a child" sort of situation.

There are conditions you can have as a child that can do that, which will go away on their own once you reach a certain age.

Probably pretty uncommon now adays with our technology.
--

Also for SOME reason the Deaf guy (Dang I wish I wasn't so bad with names) actually got better at speaking over time. Which is odd given that he is completely deaf, he doesn't suffer from diminished hearing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:59:02 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24889 on: October 09, 2015, 08:05:06 am »

Just watched the first episode of Comet Lucifer, and I think I have the same question/protest as 90% of the people who saw it: How the hell did they survive that fall, never mind coming out of it completely uninjured?!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24890 on: October 09, 2015, 03:47:17 pm »

I recently finished watching Shinsekai Yori and I really enjoyed it.  The characters and world were well realized and it handled its themes in a mature way.  I particularly appreciated that it never settled down into a predictable formula.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24891 on: October 09, 2015, 03:49:41 pm »

Just watched the first episode of Comet Lucifer, and I think I have the same question/protest as 90% of the people who saw it: How the hell did they survive that fall, never mind coming out of it completely uninjured?!

Because falling to your death is not only perfectly survivable, but it actually heals wounds that would have otherwise been lethal.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24892 on: October 09, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

They didn't.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24893 on: October 09, 2015, 04:38:14 pm »

They didn't.
The worst part is that I genuinely can't tell if you're just fucking with me or if there really is some stupid plot twist going on behind the scenes.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24894 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:15 pm »

... can't it be both?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24895 on: October 10, 2015, 01:52:51 am »

Wow screw you Heavy Object...

All those soldiers who gave their lives performing maintenance, scouting, cooking meals, cleaning the base, performing medicine, and basically doing their duty so that you could fight at full strength... and you basically just piss on them.

There is more to an army then picking up a gun and shooting it... and even then your in the line of fire as well. You think that bombing a Heavy object maintenance bunker is pointless?

---

Ohh well for good news. Fairy Tail is still good, Gangsta is still good, and Legend of Galactic Heroes is still good.

Heck there wasn't even as much Curb Stomping in Fairy Tail like I thought there would be. The fights are actually a bit interesting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24896 on: October 10, 2015, 02:02:45 am »

Heh, I dodged Heavy Object after the synopsis gave off a strong odor of shit.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24897 on: October 10, 2015, 03:07:32 am »

Heh, I dodged Heavy Object after the synopsis gave off a strong odor of shit.

I was told not to judge it by its first episode.

And then the anime took a poop on me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24898 on: October 10, 2015, 03:26:27 am »

Don't judge by the first episode? Heh. I judge by the cover art, it's the most reliable source of information.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24899 on: October 10, 2015, 03:32:09 am »

Don't judge by the first episode? Heh. I judge by the cover art, it's the most reliable source of information.

I did, I gave it a shot anyhow.

---

Watching Chinese Anime Quin's Moon

You know... so far Chinese Animes have yet to disappoint me. They always have this pomp that elevates them above garbage. It could be a show about traffic ticket disputes and China would find a way to make it amazing!

I honestly cannot recommend Qin's Moon because it is a hideous 3d and most of what goes on are people standing still and talking to one another in a typical Chinese Passive Aggressive Politeness combat (Which I personally love.).

I mean nothing is REALLY happening but the way they frame it always makes me feel like this is something epic.

I have to give it credit too since the main character is a typical "Tough guy" but the anime doesn't treat it like the default right. He gets in trouble quite quickly for trying to tough things out and it is treated as his dumb mistake. Double bonus for it actually having Choreography even when the scene absolutely doesn't matter, I didn't even expect fight scenes going into it (It is Chinese... trust me having a weapons doesn't mean actual combat will occur)

I mean don't get me wrong... so far I REALLY like this anime.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:48:50 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1658 1659 [1660] 1661 1662 ... 2193