Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 [1649] 1650 1651 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053354 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24720 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:07 am »

... y'know, I was vaguely interested in that first one, and then I actually looked it up. You forgot to mention that S&M bot w/ giant drill penis was actively trying to rape a naked fujiko. Please warn people about these things ;_;
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:31:56 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24721 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:39 am »

That said, it does say a lot when mentioning an anime that includes 9-foot tall S&M robot in a pure red gimpsuit complete with giant drill penis isn't in itself enough to make something NWS.  I'm not sure what it says a lot about, but I'm pretty sure it says a lot about something. :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #24722 on: September 29, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »

Work, I think.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24723 on: September 29, 2015, 06:24:16 pm »

Watched the last episode of Charlotte. Was decent. The ending seemed a little deus ex machina'd. I guess it could have been explained fairly reasonably, but the show didn't bother to do so.

I still maintain that the whole thing would have been orders of magnitude better if they dropped the whole magic highschool nonsense and did more of what the first episode had (I have super powers! I'm going to exploit this for fun and profit!) but the way they went with it was okay too, I guess.
I don't think the series was particularly good overall. That said, my only real problems with it were weirdness with the pacing and poorly-conceived side characters. Would recommend if you like Key's heartstring yanking and magic highschool adventures. Otherwise it's a decent time-filler, not really worth going out of your way to watch.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24724 on: September 29, 2015, 06:26:46 pm »

No, not too happy with Charlotte overall. Had some interesting ideas, but little capitalization.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24725 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »

Missed potential seems to be a pretty common thing with anime in general, really.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24726 on: September 29, 2015, 07:11:29 pm »

More of a general media thing than anime in particular, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24727 on: September 30, 2015, 01:59:53 am »

I just finished Death Parade, a show I'd kept on my backburner for way too long. It'sa show that really lays it on thick, but makes me wish it was more hard with its internal rules. It's disappointing that it's such a short show, cause it's structured in a way that could have kept it's run goin ad infinitum, but I suppose it is fitting for a show about the finality of death.

Plus the Opening music is WAY too catchy n' snappy n' happy for a show that is intentionally drowning itself in drrrrama.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24728 on: September 30, 2015, 02:11:33 am »

I just misread that in a really excellent way. From now on when a show is spewing drama all over the place incoherently, can we call it diarrhama?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24729 on: September 30, 2015, 05:52:09 am »

In Magical Index, what was with those weird noises Accelerator made just before he started forming the plasma ball?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24730 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:54 am »

In Magical Index, what was with those weird noises Accelerator made just before he started forming the plasma ball?
Sounds like a gurgly version of the "babble a huge number of calculations randomly as you are doing something complex due to all the calculations in your head" type of noise more than anything else. It doesn't have any real meaning other than to showcase how crazy what he is doing actually is.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24731 on: September 30, 2015, 01:57:13 pm »

Well latest Overlord episode was excellent as always and it finally seems like some plays are starting to be done. Though I dread the idea of the main character going too far down the villain path. He always seemed like a benevolent dictator to me who would conquer a town and they would be better off for it. But that is all taste.

The ONE thing I find interesting beyond anything else is that Yaggistrl (dang, well whatever) the MMO he plays seems like an absolutely terrible pay to win game... with rampant Player Killing and excessive elitism.

I can honestly see why everyone abandoned that MMO in spite being really cool with what you can do.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24732 on: September 30, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »

Yaggistrl (dang, well whatever) the MMO he plays seems like an absolutely terrible pay to win game... with rampant Player Killing and excessive elitism.

I can honestly see why everyone abandoned that MMO in spite being really cool with what you can do.

Yggdrasil, from Norse mythology.

That sort of thing is common in MMO animes/manga because diving into a pure PvE game would be sort of a boring story, right? So the PvP is for drama / tension.

And hero fiction focuses on those who are exceptional (which is understandable as there are only a certain amount of stories focused on the guy who came second your readers will tolerate. if you focus on non-exceptional characters, the natural question is "why didn't you focus on that other guy?"), and you have to condense character types into individual named characters. So naturally it would be an environment where a small number of characters excel and dominate rather than a level playing field.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:44:50 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24733 on: September 30, 2015, 04:42:36 pm »

Yggdrasil, and it's not made up for the series.

The TREE isn't made up for the series. but the MMO is.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24734 on: September 30, 2015, 04:45:35 pm »

Of course the MMO is made up. I was pointing out that it's a thing referenced from outside anime and not an original idea.
Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 [1649] 1650 1651 ... 2193