Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053366 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24705 on: September 28, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »

Right but this is a card game anime... where the card game itself doesn't matter. Sure there are important games, but they never focus or tell you how the game is played.

That SHOULD cut it down significantly. I want to avoid spoilers because it is actually pretty good.

Also that is Futurecard Buddyfight.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:25:22 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: September 28, 2015, 05:25:55 pm »

Sounds like Wixoss which I remember you talking about, but that was only last year, so not a long time ago.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: September 28, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »

There we go!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: September 28, 2015, 05:56:16 pm »

The second season does wrap up everything btw. Season one ended on a cliffhanger more or less.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: September 28, 2015, 05:57:39 pm »

The second season does wrap up everything btw. Season one ended on a cliffhanger more or less.

Yeah I saw the entire first season and loved it... but they didn't finish the second season.

I will say that the second season sure does start REALLY oddly given how the first ended.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: September 28, 2015, 06:03:43 pm »

There's also a movie coming out next february, although how that ties into the rest is anyone's guess since they did pretty much clear up all the plot threads as far as I remember.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:11:08 pm by Reelya »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »

There's also a movie coming out next february, although how that ties into the rest is anyone's guess since they did pretty much clear up all the plot threads as far as I remember.

I did like the characters in WIXOSS more than Madoka though, for what that's worth.

Yeah, how exactly are they going to continue after that ending? It was pretty definitive and doesn't exactly leave room for additional anything.
The best thing to do would be to follow the style of the manga and do a sidestory following a different Selector.

Yeah I saw the entire first season and loved it... but they didn't finish the second season.

What do you mean by that? They finished season two way back in last year.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: September 28, 2015, 09:09:06 pm »

I mean at the time I finished the first season :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: September 29, 2015, 12:23:48 am »

Hah! I finally remembered that Gundam Unicorn had ended, so I went back and binge-watched it today. It's definitely taken the spot as my favorite Gundam series, it had more character development and emotional depth in seven episodes and movie-"episodes" than some have had in their entire run. I think that it also did probably the best job of integrating the philosophical underpinnings of the franchise and of the concept of Newtypes with the more material drama and action, at least of any I've seen. Honestly, though, that ending was so unabashedly optimistic that I can't help loving it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: September 29, 2015, 03:49:25 am »

I started watching Rokka No Yuusha. I'm only 3 eps in, but it's becoming difficult to watch. This is my stream of consciousness as I'm watching the show:

How obnoxious
pretentious
forced
dull
I'M THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD! "just shut up already."

I get the feeling that the show is trying to depict the MC as being very clever, but in reality he's just very cheap and it's leaving a real foul taste in my mouth.

And the magic powers are very vague, apparently just to justify abusing them later.

And this Aztec/mayan/ancient native American motif going on is really bizarre and inconsistent.

I'm thinking I'll just drop it, which is a shame cause the synopsis that convinced me to pick it up made it out to be very interesting, like a game of Mafia in anime-form.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: September 29, 2015, 03:53:46 am »

Looking at the light Novels, that stops after the first chapter (I think), they figure out the bad guy, and continue on.
Although turns out another chosen one popped up, unable to get in beforehand, and we go back to having 7 members, so I guess it still kinda stays mafia, but that undertone almost vanishes pretty soon into the books.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24716 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:26 am »

I liked how MC decided to prove he was STRONGEST MAN by flinging darts at everyone. S'like, no, that's not strength, that's flinging darts.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: September 29, 2015, 04:55:04 am »

Well the way to make a movie of the ending of Mixoss is quite simply you have to basically expand the lore so to speak.

For example...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But naw, the ending did leave open two hanging threads. ;)

Well actually four... But they aren't really important, but they can easily be expanded upon.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:55:08 am by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: September 29, 2015, 09:42:47 am »

I liked how MC decided to prove he was STRONGEST MAN by flinging darts at everyone. S'like, no, that's not strength, that's flinging darts.
Someone will probably believe after you repeat it enough times.  Obviously he has already convinced himself.
Well, he is a crafty sunovabitch.  I don't like his character too much... though reckon I least like the goodie two shoe main characters obnoxiously spouting things like friendship, feelings and shit all over the place.  Then getting their way in the end.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: September 29, 2015, 11:19:22 am »

I watched "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone" a quick 2-ep ova starring the Lupin crew. Extremely high quality animation, very stylized, and I enjoyed it alot. It's hard to not like a 9-foot tall S&M robot in a pure red gimpsuit complete with giant drill penis.

Then for a completely different change in atmosphere, I watched "Momoko, Kaeru no Uta ga Kikoeru yo" about a mentally and physically disabled girl and her otherwise normal brother, and it's just one of those movies where you look at the cover and your tear ducts are already getting ready to start super soakin the place up. Didn't disappoint.
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2193