Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053454 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24675 on: September 26, 2015, 11:48:31 pm »

Right now it is going to be Goku because Dragon Ball Super is just following the plot of the movie... flat out.

I am honestly annoyed and waiting for it to advance.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: September 26, 2015, 11:49:00 pm »

15? WOW that is WAAAAAAAY too old.

Their ages would first be reduced to 12 THEN they would talk about Kitara's breasts.

Ohh and when Toph joins the group... Kitara and Toph would have an argument over whose breasts is more attractive to Aang... And Azula would probably have huge boobs and flaunt it infront of them.

Did I mention that sometimes Anime really bugs me? :P because this would 100% happen if AtLAB was made in Japan.
It's actually "Katara" with no "i" but holy crap what you're describing is awful! I never thought I could be happy about moral guardians until now.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: September 26, 2015, 11:50:47 pm »

Right now it is going to be Goku because Dragon Ball Super is just following the plot of the movie... flat out.

I am honestly annoyed and waiting for it to advance.

? the latest episode released today had some weird shit that most certainly did not happen in the movie

also episode 15 is called "Satan, Cause a Miracle!", so that's a guarantee

(i just want everyone to consider the title of that episode for a little while)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »

Bauglir, i think the problem comes when you have a thread where you're discussing "thing X". you want to decide what's on topic and what is not. Allowing edge cases means you also need to allow all edge-cases-to-that-edge-case and before you know it, we should just call this the "world animation thread" to prevent arguments.
or maybe people could take their best guess and when their idea and the consensus turn out to mismatch go to the other thread where the topic of interest is more widely discussed after a polite suggestion
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: September 26, 2015, 11:54:40 pm »

Anime is Japanese for animation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: September 26, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »

In Japan, since they don't have a separate word for drawn-cartoon, anime also covers all CG movies, so it's the terminology for 3D as well as 2D. The style definition, while tempting also has a problem covering fully CG shows such as Knights of Sidonia. You can't really say that looks like Naruto or Avatar TLA whatsoever, but it's universally also regarded as an anime.

Yup, if we're going to go anywhere we should just align the definition with the Japanese one and say everything is anime. Then we can have rival threads for anime, western anime, japanese anime, western 3D anime, japanese 3D anime etc etc.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:01:18 am by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24681 on: September 27, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

... yeah, m'just going to go fuzzy with baug. Definition wrestling over entertainment... I need that in my life like I need a bearded greek man with a spud up his bum. Zeus may enjoy potato molestation, but apparently unlike some of you lot, some of us don't want to watch.

Anything actually interesting coming out at the moment? Near future?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: September 27, 2015, 12:06:25 am »

I think for Japan it is the same thing we do here when referring to our own animation.

We call our animation... animation or cartoons. In the same way that we call our RPGs... RPGs.

Yet when we are disambiguating we call our animation Western Animation or Western RPGs.

And while Western RPGs have had their definitions stretched. Western animation, however, has not.

So what do they call Anime in Japan? Probably Japanese Anime.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24683 on: September 27, 2015, 12:09:47 am »

... yeah, m'just going to go fuzzy with baug. Definition wrestling over entertainment... I need that in my life like I need a bearded greek man with a spud up his bum. Zeus may enjoy potato molestation, but apparently unlike some of you lot, some of us don't want to watch.

Anything actually interesting coming out at the moment? Near future?
Depends. Did you find OPM interesting? The anime is supposed to premier next month, IIRC.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: September 27, 2015, 12:13:35 am »

The manga's pretty great. Dunno if I'll actually watch the show, though -- s'fairly rare I do both, and it's gotten where I tend to prefer the drawn and/or written (i.e. LNs) versions. Maybe if reviews and whatnot are stellar...
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: September 27, 2015, 12:15:15 am »

I'm going to at least check it out. Studio Madhouse and all, and the teaser videos I've seen look pretty spectacular.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: September 27, 2015, 12:16:19 am »

(i just want everyone to consider the title of that episode for a little while)
I legitimately missed this at first. HAIL SATAN, MOST GLORIOUS SAVIOR OF HUMANITY!

Messing with culture is fun.

The manga's pretty great. Dunno if I'll actually watch the show, though -- s'fairly rare I do both, and it's gotten where I tend to prefer the drawn and/or written (i.e. LNs) versions. Maybe if reviews and whatnot are stellar...
I almost always do manga on simple time grounds. It's exponentially quicker to read most things than to watch them.

On that note, I'll get around to OPM one day... I assume.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24687 on: September 27, 2015, 12:17:31 am »

Quote from: Neonivek link=topic=28404.msg6524853#msg6524853 date
So what do they call Anime in Japan? Probably Japanese Anime.

Pretty much yeah. I'm fairly certain that this is the way it is. Hence why Otacon's lines in his intro scene in MGS are phrased the way they are.

Anyways, the opening song for Gundam:Iron blooded orphans has been released.
Show airs on Oct 4th. Can't wait! *vibrates*
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:19:21 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: September 27, 2015, 12:28:23 am »

I'm going to at least check it out. Studio Madhouse and all, and the teaser videos I've seen look pretty spectacular.

Madhouse's name doesn't mean a lot these days since they went bankrupt and got bought out. Most of the top people left.

They're still riding on good will, but they gave us NGNL and Mahouka last year, so there's that ...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: September 27, 2015, 12:30:21 am »

Anyways, the opening song for Gundam:Iron blooded orphans has been released.
Show airs on Oct 4th. Can't wait! *vibrates*
*blinks* Hey, hold up. When the hell did Guts show up? Ah, I'm sorry, he's going by "Akihiro" now, apparently. *stares*

... also, what the blue hell is Poco from Arc the freaking Lad doing there? Don't you lie, "Biscuit". You may have changed your hat, but it's incredibly obvious who you are, you freakish dimension hoping incompetent. This troubles me more than it should.

lastly, I've obviously missed something, but why in the name of zeus the vigorously potato'd do they appear to be piloting in the nude

I'd ask that you please tell me it's "just" shirtless, but even that is bad enough...
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 2193