Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084933 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22065 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:32 pm »

What other THE Sunglasses are there guys, your right Frumple, though I was thinking about the pointy ones from Gurren Lagann cause I had seen him through a AMV that I was watching while GTAV was downloading and couldn't remember, these other Glasses guys are awesome to learn about...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22066 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »

What about the Nudist Beach?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22067 on: April 13, 2015, 10:05:31 pm »

Once again, the internal war of greed and reservation:
Do I curse my future self and watch two episodes of this fantastic series that I've been waiting to watch today, or keep up the one-a-day regimen that will extend the experience to at least a month of viewing?
Sakurasou, why are you making me fall in love again?
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22068 on: April 14, 2015, 01:35:14 am »

Rule of Anime:

Even after the main character's love interest becomes so superfluous to the series that she almost never EVER appears. It doesn't mean she won't appear in the intro, eye catch, or end credit preferably with some revealing or sexualized clothing.

I am FINALLY THANK GOODNESS watching the last three episodes of Hikaru No Go...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22069 on: April 14, 2015, 01:56:27 am »

Speaking of sports animes, Diamond no Ace looking like it's starting season 2 with 3 recap episodes in a row.

Which sounds really shitty, but in this case I don't blame the animators at all. The show was originally meant to be about 26 eps, that got extended to 52 ... then 75, then they got told season 2 is airing straight away 1 week after the finale of season 1. Including 3 OVAs, the team behind this has churned out an episode a week almost non-stop for 18 months, and only one of those weekly episodes was a recap (there were other recaps but they were in addition to the weekly episodes). And the animation quality has been pretty consistent for the whole show's run.

I guess the show is that popular in Japan that the network is demanding they keep it on the air non-stop. I can just imagine the execs coming in to tell the animators that the end of the show is just the beginning, and we're going right back into production the next week and everyone there going "oh, god no!" and rebelling. Usually shows hit crunch-time near the end of a season with lead times reduced to a few days. Doing a weekly show with no breaks for multiple years would be like constantly living in crunch-time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22070 on: April 14, 2015, 02:44:29 am »

I forgot that Hikaru No Go had the "Ring my bell" song xD I was humming it recently.

Kind of funny in that it is an intro and ending that has NOTHING to do with the show... whatsoever.

But I'll forgive it because "riiiing my beeeeell"

Edit: It actually might make it into my top ten favorite anime opening/closing themes.

Also: Lex Luthor... Why are you in Hikari No Go? Goodness you like to make your way in all my animes don't you?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:48:09 am by Neonivek »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22071 on: April 14, 2015, 04:22:14 am »

Started reading Akame ga KILL! lately. Not nearly as dumb as I was expecting, though still pretty dumb. The characters are alright and the art is superb, but then it does dumb hyper-high fatality shonen things so now the world's utterly uncompelling and everybody's been instantly cut in half by legendary artifacts.

Probably would have been much more interesting as a low-fatality, high-character-focus punchfest. The video game terminology that keeps leaking in is amusing, but I'm curious if he had wanted to do a game-thing from the start; that also probably would have been more interesting than the current thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22072 on: April 14, 2015, 06:39:01 am »

Started watching Tesagure! Bukatsumono recently, which is a 10 minute show and pretty funny, though it's mostly pure dialogue with four characters sitting in one room, so don't expect any action or plot developments. The show is in CGI which took me a while to get used to, I dropped the show at the first ep originally, but I eventually picked it back up. Going to complete it now as there's a new season of it airing.

It's pretty much a pure deconstruction of all the common moe / highschool anime tropes, and very self-referential. I love the lyrics from the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NHwqqaGpU

If you've seen those specials where they film a group of seiyuu sitting around and just chatting, the dialogue in Tesagure! Bukatsumono feels natural in the same sort of way. That's because the scenes were done by just sitting the seiyuu in a room and having them mostly ad-lib, then the animation was created to fit, which is the opposite of the normal method. About half of each episode appears ad-libbed, once they get past a 'set up' for whichever trope that ep is going to explore.

The 'plot' is more or less that they didn't know what they wanted to do, so they made a club to come up with ideas. They refer to it as not wanting to join any of the existing school clubs, but it's basically them sitting around each episode trying to come up with ideas for what the show is going to be about. Since the 'ideas' part is ad-libbed the ideas are sometimes funny but mostly dumb, and a lot of the humor is in how the other girls react to each other's ideas. Each episode explores one genre of anime/manga (like soccer mangas) then they try and brainstorm ways to make it novel and fresh, usually ending with some sort of bizarro-world version of the sport or activity the episode was about.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:08:14 am by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22073 on: April 14, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

Hah, the first episode of Tesagure! Bukatsumono sold me on watching it more than anything else because I think it's the first time I've heard genuine, non-forced laughter in an anime.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22074 on: April 14, 2015, 10:47:27 am »

Ok new show "BAR Kiraware Yasai" - short eps (90 seconds long). I recommend just download the first ep and watch it but avoid checking out any cover art etc by grabbing it from nyaa.se or somewhere. what did i just watch?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:50:13 am by Reelya »

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22075 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:31 am »

Ok new show "BAR Kiraware Yasai" - short eps (90 seconds long). I recommend just download the first ep and watch it but avoid checking out any cover art etc by grabbing it from nyaa.se or somewhere. what did i just watch?

Broccoli is my spirit animal.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22076 on: April 14, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

And Getter Robo Go just went full on cosmic horror story. Kei, Gai ;_;

Edit: OHDEARGODSHINGETTERISTERRIFYINGIWANTTOGETOFFISHIKAWASWILDRIDE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:35:07 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22077 on: April 14, 2015, 01:59:33 pm »

I'll admit I haven't watched, like, any of any of the getter robo animated material, but from what I understand from SRW, hasn't the getter robo stuff always been a cosmic horror story? Getter rays are some wonky junk.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22078 on: April 14, 2015, 02:06:41 pm »

Getter Robo Armageddon was nice, but I haven't watched the older series. The manga does go all cosmic horror later with t
and all. I should probably try getter robo go.

IIRC, getter rays are like some form of primordial energy thats the main cause behind evolution, and that can be used for absolutely anything. Its where gurren lagann got its concept for spiral energy from.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22079 on: April 14, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »

Oh it's not the animated material, it's the original manga saga. The anime are all very different from the manga in some way or another (The Getter Robo Go anime is particularly notorious for how different it is, as in its considered a crime against the franchise). However up until the three fourths point of Go it's not really a cosmic horror story so much as it's an edgy super robot series with really freaky villains and lots of violence, but still kinda underlyingly goofy.

Finished Go by the way. Moved on to the Shin Getter Robo manga prequel. The events of Go really cast a shadow on it and I keep internally screaming at everyone to stop messing with the Getter Rays before it's too late. T_T
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:22:23 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 2193