Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061008 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20670 on: January 09, 2015, 12:57:56 am »

Don't worry needlessly. I was joking, haven't even seen the thing.
Oh. Well, I guess there's--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is why if I'm posting spoilers I label the spoilers very distinctly as spoilers. you monster

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20671 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:54 am »

I'm very, very sorry, Spehss. I didn't mean for it to go like that.

Have this as consolation: http://goo.gl/a6x058
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:06:16 am by DreamCarver »
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20672 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:36 am »

It's cool really. I had a bad feeling as soon as I went to the next episode and see right in the summary what is basically "mc dude is totes shocked by cute animu grill's confession and asks for time to think it over" which basically translates to "the ship was doomed to sink from the start".
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20673 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:01 am »

It is an incest anime.  I don't know what you were expecting.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20674 on: January 09, 2015, 01:19:33 am »

Okay, today's G-Reco episode was so good that I feel better now. The fights were excellent, and we learned another large set of clues as to what's going on. Turns out a lot of my assumptions about how the moon people factor in and the photon batteries were incorrect. Once again, I love their use of Zanscare style MS with better proportions, and the callback to the late UC's issues with beam rifles in colonies was a nice touch. So was using the nets like the anti beam cloaks from Crossbone.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:41:35 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20675 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:37 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20676 on: January 09, 2015, 01:32:26 am »

I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20677 on: January 09, 2015, 01:41:42 am »

I'm watching Pumpkin Scissors and reading Gunka no Baltzer (which someone here recommended me like a million years ago and I've finally got round to actually reading it). Cautiously optimistic about the first (I like the setting but the characters are clichéd so far) and I'm loving the latter.

I'm also on chapter 87 of Terra Formars which was exciting at first but lately the plot has been disappointingly slow in its advance.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:44:14 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20678 on: January 09, 2015, 01:55:04 am »

See, Joshiraku gets it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20679 on: January 09, 2015, 02:39:27 am »

I'm watching Pumpkin Scissors and reading Gunka no Baltzer (which someone here recommended me like a million years ago and I've finally got round to actually reading it). Cautiously optimistic about the first (I like the setting but the characters are clichéd so far) and I'm loving the latter.

I'm also on chapter 87 of Terra Formars which was exciting at first but lately the plot has been disappointingly slow in its advance.
Pumpkin Scissors take a nosedive really quick so dont keep your hopes up. It really gets boring, author makes all that character development and just absolutely throws it away in execution.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #20680 on: January 09, 2015, 02:54:07 am »

So I've been watching Ghost in the Shell for quite a while by now.
Am I getting the timeline correct:
ARISE -> Stand Alone Complex -> Ghost in the Shell (1995) -> Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20681 on: January 09, 2015, 03:32:14 am »

Well so far all I've seen has just been hints of it being an incest anime. Constant very not subtle hints and jokes, but still. Considering the name it's practically guaranteed but I can still hope there's a plot twist and the main characters grow out of their "siscon-incesty" phase or something. Unless I wanted to spoil myself further and find out how it ends. In which case I may as well quit watching it.

Also jeezuz chroist you guys label your spoilers with something so it says something besides just "Spoiler". It seems courteous to give warning to people for potential spoilers besides just a blank "spoiler" tag.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20682 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:18 pm »

ARISE -> Stand Alone Complex -> Ghost in the Shell (1995) -> Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

By timeline do you mean a consistent one linking all the series? Because I'm pretty sure each is a different "multiverse."
Why is why reoccurring elements keep appearing, but the characters and events are slightly different.

Have you ever had the problem of just feeling too bogged down by the fanbase of a show to the point that it's impacting your enjoyment? I've been having a problem with G-Reco in that I really like the show and use to look forward to every episode so much, but everywhere I go there's just constant back and forth arguments or reminders of the the arguing between the people who like it/have no trouble following it and the people who don't, and it's starting to impact my ability to enjoy watching it and ruining my enthusiasm and making me feel a little depressed because I just want the fandom war to eeeeennnnd.

The "fandom" ruined Attack on Titan for me, as well as Steins;Gate.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #20683 on: January 09, 2015, 12:29:02 pm »

By timeline do you mean a consistent one linking all the series? Because I'm pretty sure each is a different "multiverse."
Why is why reoccurring elements keep appearing, but the characters and events are slightly different.

Well, I haven't considered it that way, though discrepancies appear a lot. ARISE is set in 2027 though and obviously goes before everything else, which happens in 2030's.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20684 on: January 09, 2015, 12:57:05 pm »

The only thing I've seen in GitS that is properly linked is the ending of SAC leading into the beginning of the manga, but I believe that was just a little callback type thing and that it's not true continuity.

In short, Masamune Shirow works have confusing and vague timelines.
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 2193