Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057707 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20520 on: December 24, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »

I don't even know, furt. Now they're just kinda' casually opening their cockpits for a mid-air chat while there's still multiple hostiles* in the area and an incoming unknown. It's like. Okay. What. I guess there's been some peaceful times or... something... but both the ones doing this are apparently from a group that's been involved with a 20 freaking year long war. Holy hell. Apparently there's incompetence and then there's G-Reco :P

Maybe Ep 8 is just a wash or something, I'unno.

*Or there's... not? They seem to think there's not,* but there's been no on-screen indication of it. Writing *fistshake*

E: And suddenly it's 10 years. Translator errors, maybe?
*E2: And apparently there's going to be no mention of that one cait sith that helped the elk elf balls put the booster on. Man, there's a fanfic in that. Or I guess an in-universe ghost story or somethin'.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:17:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: December 24, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »

Yeah the translator's for the show are not that spectacular. They're decent most of the time, but tend to be overly literal and have made a few misteps during the early bits.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: December 24, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »

!!!

Episode 9! Pinky lands a hit! That's one! I think I'll start a count. She doesn't actually kill anyone, but hey, hit ratio is no longer 0%. Miss nepotism's going places.

Also they
Spoiler: I guess? (click to show/hide)

"You shouldn't be doing that!" Hair-boy shouts as the elk ball pilot jumps out of a free-falling mobile suit several hundred feet off the ground. No shit! Ahahaha what the hell.

oh my god and then hair fetish whacks the guy with his beam rifle nozzle what the blue hell is even going on here

sweet zeus there's another one. Don't gundam series usually limit themselves to one chick with pink hair? And how did omnom foureyes not break like half the bones in his body just then?

Also totally just noticed the rekts have SNES color patterns. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Still no clue about the "fallen from space bit", though. Keeping eye out.
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: December 24, 2014, 07:31:15 pm »

Before I respond, I forget, who was it that said the line about it falling from the sky?

The nozzle was an ill concieved attempt to push him torward the f-rug i think
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:34:38 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: December 24, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »

It was hairboy (Bellri) that made the (evidentially non-sequitur) mention. He's also been the only person I've noticed imply something falling from the sky has any particular meaning, so far (starting ep 10).

Also sweet monkey hell they just put bandit-bandanas on the rekts. That's. That's adorable.

*facepalm* Bragging about nimble fingers. That's not innuendo at all, no siree. that's totally freaking innuendo
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:40:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20525 on: December 24, 2014, 07:41:00 pm »

Oh well I mixed that up a bit, but I think the puzzle pieces are there already. The Photon Batterie are said by the faithful to be spawned by the universe, and are delivered to the top of the Space Elevator. Which people are not suppose to travel to without permission or they'll be cursed according to SU-Chordism. Basically he was freaking out about what that implies for its origins and the theological implications.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: December 24, 2014, 07:47:40 pm »

Oh well I mixed that up a bit, but I think the puzzle pieces are there already. The Photon Batterie are said by the faithful to be spawned by the universe, and are delivered to the top of the Space Elevator.
... there's only been a single mention of anything even remotely like that so far, in Ep 9, and that seemed like it was just the pope-dude joking. That I've noticed, anyway...

Which people are not suppose to travel to without permission or they'll be cursed according to SU-Chordism.
This... hasn't been mentioned at all so far, insofar as I can remember. SUCing (Why, G-Reco, why? I realize that probably doesn't work in japanese, but... but...!) hasn't exactly received much air time or fleshing out or... anything, really, by this point. Unless I missed an episode or something, and I'm faiiirrrly sure I haven't?

Kinda' like I said, I'm having a bit of fun with this, but the pacing, writing, etc., is... sorta' terrible. Like, B-Movie level stuff. Maybe worse, I'unno. Stuff's almost certainly being lost in translation, but...

Still better than SEED, though, I suppose.
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: December 24, 2014, 07:48:38 pm »

Gah sorry i said the last part early. Sorry things have been blurring togethrer for me and I've been talking while preparing for the christmas party. I've been helped along by that I've been haninng out on /m/ where people have been painstakingly going over every line and have access to the interview translations. As for the writing well from what I've heard this isn't that abnormal for Tomino, but the pacing might be affected by that he's been given half the number of episodes he normally has. He apparently likes the thing where things go unexplained unless you think real hard about it since logically in universe there should be no reason to have to explain it.

Funfact: SU is short for space umbilical chord since I don't remember thhe show mentioning it. According to Tomino in pre release info Bellri's people sortof amalgamated all the preexisting religions into a sinle one focused around the space elevator bein divine.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:16:45 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: December 24, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »

Eh, I care so little about spoilers in relation to this show right now it's almost funny :P So it's coo' et al. Though yeah, all I've got is the subs and... yeah. And yah, the meaning of the SU is so-far unmentioned. Plus they're spelling what... should probably be cord, as Chord. Which, uh. Despite sounding the same, are very different.

Loved the latest G-Self launch, though. *zoom -> hover -> slow tilt -> face first into the tree line*

I guess they're unintentionally trying to drive home the fact that these people are basically untrained know-nothings? Either way it's kinda' great.

---

Strike that, bad mutha' just fucking suplexed a gundam. Wuxia #1 mobile suit now. I mean sure it was Aida the Incompetent piloting it but still we G-Gundam now.

Except a different one got chumped by the gundam rocketing around basically uncontrolled but that's pretty wonderful too. This incompetent bastard is just flailing around and it's wonderful.

--- no! No, you bastard hair fetishist! Why did you do that to the best backpack you've had so far! Nuuuuuu ;_; You couldn't control it worth a damn but that was no reason to sacrifice its wonderful far-too-fast life!

... and now we're playing gundam DBZ. *facepalms* And the wuxia of glory (WOG) does synchronized swimming poses as it sinks in the swamp.

What the hell genre am I even watching at this point? Though those gators looked so happy...

ah! Ah! Best backpack survived! Ep 10 has been something of an emotional roller coaster. Shame it wasn't because of any of the characters >_>

... Monday, please stop humping the backpack.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:17:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: December 24, 2014, 08:26:36 pm »

For the space thing, it's been clear for several episodes before the current one you watched (I'm on 9 too) that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:28:25 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: December 24, 2014, 08:31:19 pm »

Yeessss... but that's kinda' different from space debris having some kind of special status.
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: December 24, 2014, 08:31:45 pm »

Guh correction now that i checked i can't rememwber if the meaning of SU is canon or fanon at the moment. Will type later christmas party happening
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: December 24, 2014, 08:47:28 pm »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:51:45 pm by Reelya »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: December 24, 2014, 09:08:21 pm »

Hey, hey guys.
Akame Ga kill is pretty good.
Have you seen that shit?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: December 24, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »

Akame Ga kill is a love or hate thing. It'd probably appeal to SAO fans (and piss of those who hated SAO). Existing Akame Ga Kill reviews are mostly in agreement that it's in the "meh" category: neither great or truly bad. It's a show for switching your brain off and watching the boobs and battles.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:22:06 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 2193