Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059234 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20295 on: November 23, 2014, 06:58:50 am »

Please label your video to tell people what it's a link for. Thanks, much appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:42:54 am by Reelya »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20296 on: November 23, 2014, 07:10:24 am »

*Clicks on the link, sees title, and immediately back pages*
NOPE NO SPOILERS OF EPICNESS FOR ME.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: November 23, 2014, 12:46:57 pm »

Greetings! I watch anime. I like Monogatari.
Some guy came into my teamspeak and started playing music (to troll me, but I liked it and recorded it haha)

Can anyone tell me what this song is?
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/euyyd0fdjlb4e3p/mysterytrumpetsong.m4a

The song is way too fast for me to type enough words in a row of the lyrics to find out, and no english lyrics in it so yah :(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:49:14 pm by Thorik »
I like sushi.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20298 on: November 23, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »

Greetings! I watch anime. I like Monogatari.
Some guy came into my teamspeak and started playing music (to troll me, but I liked it and recorded it haha)

Can anyone tell me what this song is?
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/euyyd0fdjlb4e3p/mysterytrumpetsong.m4a

The song is way too fast for me to type enough words in a row of the lyrics to find out, and no english lyrics in it so yah :(

Well, I'm pretty sure its Uchouten ga tomaranai from some Lucky Star music CD... Specifically this. I had to double check it, as I haven't heard it in years.
It's pretty old song :).

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: November 23, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »

Ya I found out what some of the other songs he played were, some were even older from 80's and 90's animes. Ty so much! :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:46:03 pm by Thorik »
I like sushi.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20300 on: November 23, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »

So, apparently 2015 we're gonna see the second series from Trigger (the people behind Kill la Kill) and said series is apparently bout a dude who kills up all the ninja in the world, because ninja's accidentally his family.

Anyone else have news on this?

I guess people are pretending this currently airing Trigger show doesn't exist:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25159/Inou-Battle_wa_Nichijou-kei_no_Naka_de

It's handy we pretend shitty shows don't get made so we can keep praising the same studio. Gainax made Mahoromatic (just passable) and "He is my Master" (repulsive). Trigger is currently making the cheap shitty Chuunibyo rip-off I linked above, and the co-director / series composer for that thing is an ex-Gainax, Trigger guy who also did a ton of work on FLCL, TTGL., Panty and Stocking, NGE, Inferno Cop, pretty much all the same projects as the top Trigger guys except Kill La Kill (maybe he took a vacation).

Now, the director for the new Ninja Slayer anime looks promising:
http://myanimelist.net/people/5956/Amemiya_Akira
The only problem, is that the things that are promising about his resume, more or less give the same vibe as the resume of the guy who's making the shitty Trigger show right now. The Ninja Slayer director, also directed Inferno Cop, so you think "that's great", but the Inou Battle director was the producer on Inferno Cop, and Inou Battle is a stinker. That renders trying to guess whether a show will be good or bad based on the previous works by the director as pretty pointless.

The take home message is Trigger =/= Any Good, and you can't always judge even by checking the creators previous works. Wait for the show to come out before deciding if it's the on-season show or an "off season" show they make to pay the bills. Just making good shows doesn't pay the bills, Madhouse found that out. That's why they mostly make fanservice action harem shows now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:39:26 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20301 on: November 23, 2014, 06:02:31 pm »

Frankly, I think people just don't know about these shows because they just don't get that kind of exposure.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20302 on: November 23, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

Well, it's not only the director but what they are adapting in most cases. It doesn't matter how good you direct and animate a show if the derived work is complete garbage.

Good writing generally doesn't sell, in anime the same as Western television or books.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20303 on: November 23, 2014, 08:01:43 pm »

I view those kinds of shitty shows as cash grabs so they have something to do till the next "big" project.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20304 on: November 24, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

I view those kinds of shitty shows as cash grabs so they have something to do till the next "big" project.

Well that's essentially what it is. It costs a lot of money to do a television series, and crappy otaku-bait harem animes make more money than any other kind of show in that medium.

Gotta make bank on selling body pillows and R-rated states of waifus so you can afford to fund something decent, I guess.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20305 on: November 26, 2014, 05:18:11 am »

Hey guys I'm running low on shorter mangas, I'm looking for suggestions for shorter, completed series to break up my longer ones. Here's what I enjoyed reading recently - horror comedy like Franken Fran, slice of life stuff like Yokohama Shopping Trip or Aria, action comedy like Angel Densetsu, and piles of cheesy, short shoujo mangas. So something in those lines would be cool.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20306 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:44 am »

Back when I just watched animes that had interesting premises.

There are a lot of anime out there and even when it isn't that good, you take something from each that is sort of unique to it.

I still fondly remember "Ventriloquist Dummy Detective" anime (that I will never remember the name of) even though it wasn't too good. It actually had a few interesting ideas. It has its own identity, and frankly I just wanted it better, not different. It had all the ingredients to be good but not the execution (it had exactly one episode that explored the relationship between him and the dummy).

Someone suggested to me that the reason there are a lot of "Short, not all that good animes" out there is that sometimes they are used to give people experience.

Honestly sometimes I suggest just watch an anime because it is interesting to you.

SURE sometimes you get... Peach Girl (Which I hated) but every once in a while you will get something that will surprise you.

Actually most of them were terrible because I always seemed to grasp onto the weird premises: "Detective who had such terrible social anxiety that he talks through a ventriloquist dummy", "Boy wants to create a iconic Japanese Bread", "Mafia boss teaches a bunch of punk school children in a derelict school", "Kid is transported to a land of animal people where violence is so abhorrent that war is conducted by sports and competition" ... As well some I just watched because of the music... Believe it or not I watched Princess Tutu originally ENTIRELY because I heard the intro music and really liked it.

I think I originally went on a "bad anime binge" because I was so disappointed that my attempts to watch good anime... tended to end with me watching REALLY bad anime.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:58:37 am by Neonivek »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20307 on: November 26, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »

You should try Monster.
It's far from those "bad anime" as you call them.
I do not want to spoil any details, which you can probably get from a quick google search any way.
But It's a psychological thriller about a surgeon who struggles with an ethical dilemma. (At least in the beginning. Have only watched a few episodes so far.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:31:50 pm by Ultimuh »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20308 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »

I should be fair because MOST of those premises were good anime that I ended up watching. The closest to bad is the animal people one but that is more that Dog Days was disappointing, not that it was bad.

Also Monster sounds interesting, but how... well... gorey is it? >_<

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20309 on: November 26, 2014, 07:58:28 pm »

I've seen all of Monster. I don't remember it being that gorey, it's more about finding out why Johan acts as he does.
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 2193