Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058263 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19860 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

Anyhow are you sure it is pedophilia or is it sexuality as shock?

Like in Zombie Highschool.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: October 15, 2014, 09:29:20 pm »

Ilya isn't actually sexualized in the original, Prisma is for the people who were disappointed by that

e:
Anyhow are you sure it is pedophilia or is it sexuality as shock?

Like in Zombie Highschool.
It is the first one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:29 pm »

Well that sucks!

It is like watching Familiar of Zero... except with unreciprocated Pedophilia instead of unreciprocated hilarious abuse.

Also yes I am aware there is a fine line between the two... >_>

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: October 15, 2014, 10:30:09 pm »

Yeah, F/SN was actually remarkably tame as such things go, considering that everything happened between a trio of consenting individuals somewhere around 16-18 years old.

Wait, what about Saber, isn't she technically a couple days ol-*BLAM*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: October 15, 2014, 10:38:28 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »

... isn't Saber chronologically like... twenties? Older? From her perspective, anyway. She's

I think Saber's actually cradle robbing fairly fiercely. Pretty good chance Taiga (or whoever it is that's Shirou's guardian) could hit her with a statutory rape charge, anyway.

... actually, now that I think about it, Kirei might have been able to, too. Which would be... kinda' hilarious, and probably right up his alley. I'd totally read a fanfic based off that premise.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:50:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: October 15, 2014, 10:52:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: October 15, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »

Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:08:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: October 15, 2014, 11:11:24 pm »

Yeah I think you're right, makes sense I guess.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: October 15, 2014, 11:35:41 pm »

Yeah, that's the actual situation. It was just a quip about how the age of the body one inhabits isn't necessarily an indicator of anything else, given the topic of the "really X years old" tripe we were ragging on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: October 16, 2014, 12:54:21 am »

Well that sucks!

It is like watching Familiar of Zero... except with unreciprocated Pedophilia instead of unreciprocated hilarious abuse.

The only line I see is the "hilarious" part...and that really depends on what a person considers to be funny.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: October 16, 2014, 01:44:15 am »

Thought I'd give Prisma Illya a try again, maybe it got better. I'm pretty bored, so why not. Less than a minute in, 10 year old girl's panties occupy most of the screen. Wow, that escalated quickly. I'm forced to agree that this show is probably specifically marketed at pedophiles. I'm out. This is unwatchably creepy for me.
Personally once I managed to get around the pedo-pandering (and it's a rather huge stretch, I'll admit) I've found the show to be quite funny and fun to watch, especially considering that I just finished Fate/Zero a while back and am watching the new Fate/Stay Night anime (which is awesome). Only most of the way through the first season, but (ignoring all the pandering) I'm actually quite enjoying the show. It's fun to see many of the characters that I know from the normal Fate series being stuffed into a genre that they were totally not created for.

Edit: Small follow up to that, but the first episode is by far the worst in the pandering from all of the ones I've seen so far. Later epsides have had some spots that were like ehh...., but nothing to the level of the first episode so far.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:32:13 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: October 16, 2014, 04:13:20 am »

Spoiler: Saber (click to show/hide)
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: October 16, 2014, 06:18:55 am »

Well that sucks!

The only line I see is the "hilarious" part...and that really depends on what a person considers to be funny.

That is what I mean by unreciprocated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OHHH GAWD!!! I just remembered that the male lead in Familiar Zero actually goes through Puberty during the show and is "sexily abused". DAMN it Familiar of Zero you are the gift that I wish stopped giving.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: October 16, 2014, 07:56:17 am »

Spoiler: Saber (click to show/hide)
Eh, there's plenty of potential explanations for that. The obvious one is that it just doesn't come up in the scope of the series -- Saber seems to strongly be a more "lead by example" (the example, largely, being wide scale unstoppable mass slaughter) than... posing and speeches and similar such silliness. Lacking a situation where there's major geopolitical shenanigans (and, iirc, the series actually pretty strongly insinuates that Saber was kinda' terrible at that sort of thing -- great at inspiring loyalty in a select few, less great at managing a nation), she has no need for such things anyway and it just... doesn't happen.

To boot, Saber's working with something like 3-4 other people (most of them, y'know, basically civilians) at once, at the most, and is completely lacking in what would be her normal supporting infrastructure. It's entirely possible she kicks several kinds of inspirational ass when she's got her full field command on hand, but I don't think we ever see anything along those lines.

Also: She's totally got B class charisma (And remember, something like E class charisma would have put her on par with normal maximal human capability). Which basically means that the only reason we don't see her diplomance the surrounding nations into her thrall is that Nasu she didn't want to write that story.

Though something like rejiggering the conflict into something like a modern day Game of Thrones might be interesting, if it weren't for the fact that
Spoiler: Maybe a minor spoiler? (click to show/hide)

Point the second could be
Spoiler: I guess maybe spoiler? (click to show/hide)

Her working with shirou is pretty easy to explain. Dude's got better info, is the only thing keeping her around for very long, and is generally working towards the exact same goal she is. No real reasons to clash all that hard, and it's not like they're entirely without interpersonal conflict. Plus the two of them just happen to get along pretty well. * Frumple performs the eyebrow waggle of not-so-vague innuendo. *

... mitigating circumstances, basically. A whole heaping pile of mitigating circumstances.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:58:56 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 2193