Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058389 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19470 on: September 24, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »

...why
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: September 24, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: September 24, 2014, 01:17:27 pm »

Whoops. Meant for that to be read as "WHY WOULD YOU DOOO THAAAAAAT" :P

It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: September 24, 2014, 02:43:29 pm »

I have friends who are just watching Brotherhood right now. They shall soon be linked, and then they'll never click on things I link ever again.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: September 24, 2014, 04:25:11 pm »

Hey GUNIN, I sees you got a new avatar,

So what was your thoughts about Angel Beats?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19475 on: September 24, 2014, 05:37:41 pm »

I watched it start to finish about three years ago. It had it's moments, and the humor was great, but.. I don't know. Not particularly memorable. I did finish it on my own though without stopping, so that's saying something. It's definitely interesting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: September 24, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »

I watched it start to finish about three years ago. It had it's moments, and the humor was great, but.. I don't know. Not particularly memorable. I did finish it on my own though without stopping, so that's saying something. It's definitely interesting.
This is probably the best summary I've seen for it, TV. It's decent but not great, and something about it tends to catch one's interest perhaps more than it should.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: September 24, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »

It probably has to do with the fact that it was unexpectedly truncated to one season.

Oh well, at least there are the VNs

release date: never
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: September 24, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

This is probably the best summary I've seen for it, TV. It's decent but not great, and something about it tends to catch one's interest perhaps more than it should.

My thing was Angel Beats has always been that I watched it, and at the time thought it was a mediocre kinda comedy show, but then I was caught completely off-guard by the haymaker of feels it hit me with all at once, and for that it has earned a place in my memory for all time.

And the soundtrack is really decent as well.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: September 24, 2014, 08:38:57 pm »

- mediocre kinda comedy show

- haymaker of feels

Pretty much sums up Key's style of storytelling. Their thing is that they lull you with daily life comedy stuff, then out of the blue they hit you with the melodrama and tragedy. The contrast heightens the effect. The creators of Higurashi were influenced by Key's VNs, though they contrast the fun daily life with brutal horror.

I think a good contrast to that style is Saikano, which, aside from episode 1, is all depressing, all the time. It has some very depressing scenes but they sort of wash out and lost impact since they're not punctuated by anything else.

===

BTW I take back what I said about Corpse Party. The first OVA was censored and sucks. The second OVA series Tortured Souls was pretty damn gory, even by OVA standards.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:41:40 pm by Reelya »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: September 24, 2014, 11:18:29 pm »

Look, I like to think of myself as a manly-ass man: I'm tall, i'm big, I move furniture for a living, I drive a big dick silver-ay-do, the works.

I came very close to crying like a bitch at the end of Angel Beats. it's gotta be the saddest fucking thing I've seen in a long time.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19481 on: September 25, 2014, 02:12:21 am »

The video game parallels put me off, like referring to the mindless faceless students as 'NPCs' an-

*epiphany*

Oh jesus my brain was holding it all back up until now, I'm regressing, oh gods i remember everything NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;-;

no you're right I cried too like a bitch at the ending oh my godddddd I need to rewatch it right now
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:15:24 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: September 25, 2014, 03:00:50 am »

You all should watch Little Busters if you like other Key related stuff like Angel Beats and Clannad. It's just like Clannad, in that you won't get the real point of Little Busters until you finish season 2. LB season 1 works well enough on it's own: it's structured a lot like Clannad S1 but with more action and comedy, while Little Busters: Refrain is a bit like the last half of Clannad: After Story, except weirder.

I don't think LB ever got to the feels level of some previous Key works, but the story was interesting, and the moe: it was an overload of cuteness and tragic life stories.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:24:52 am by Reelya »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19483 on: September 25, 2014, 04:14:12 am »

I'm not really into slice of life stuff unless it's really really over the top funny, like Squid Girl. Man that show is hilarious and clever, and there's zero fanservice or awkward things or 'complex' themes or any semblance of seriousness or drama. That's my ideal form of entertainment 100% of the time.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: September 25, 2014, 06:51:48 am »

You all should watch Little Busters...

I thought the animu was okay but I didn't get too teary-eyed watching it. The VN made me cry like a little girl though (even if Refrain made next to no sense). The parts that stand out in memory are the last baseball game and the very last scene.

I have the Extra! version, and I've been wanting to play through the other routes, but they aren't translated and my nihon-fu is weaksauce   :(

--

Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2193