Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066073 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17310 on: April 27, 2014, 10:35:09 pm »

Kinda surprised they didn't try to go for the usual "moe" style magical girl nowadays.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:30 pm »

Character designs and voice actors of the Sailor Moon remake!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well actually it is in a way, since they're going for being more accurate to the manga this time round. Not saying that there was anything wrong with the old one, but that is a legitimate reason to be remaking it. :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: April 27, 2014, 10:40:58 pm »

I do prefer the manga to the original series. Wait. This will be like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, won't it?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: April 27, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »

I have seen someone else use that analogy before. So sure!

though on the downer news part of it, seriously why are they only gonna air 2 episodes a month? That's just weird.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:49:44 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: April 28, 2014, 03:29:07 am »

Goddamn Mahouka is doing my head in, like no airing anime ever before.

At the end of the last ep, there was a fight which lasted mere seconds, with the MC appearing to teleport all over and emitting "mystical" looking waves disabling everyone's attacks.

THEN, 5+ whole minutes of the current ep is spent with 3 girls + 1 guy all fangirling about how amazing the MC's fight was consisting entirely of bullshit "magical" jargon, which mightly impressed the girls. The other guy got verbal smackdowns twice from the girls for daring to comment:

MC: "Then, I discombobulated the quantum data rewriting stream of the escher flux"
girls: "WOW!"
Other Guy: "I think I know what you're talking about, Tatsuya"
Girl: "no you don't, because you're just a loser. Quick, let's get back to talking about how awesome Tatsuya is".

There were about 3 seconds of action in episode 4, the rest was all conversations about Tatsuya's powers, and people who might want to manipulate Tatsuya's powers. Seriously, each time there's a fight it's over too quick, then they talk for 5 minutes about what happened in the fight to an inane level of detail. One example that some reviewers brought up is imagine if each time Gandalf cast a spell in LOTR, they had a 10 minute discussion of how lightning magic works.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:36:10 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: April 28, 2014, 03:38:47 am »

Character designs and voice actors of the Sailor Moon remake!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Seems to be in the Korean Manhwa style.

I am mostly concerned with the English Voice actors.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... the voice acting for Sailormoon was great (it was the lines they had to read that was bad... though I don't think it was as bad as people say it was) Well at least in the Canadian Dub (Which is what I got) until they changed Serena's voice actress to one closer to the Japanese VA (and once again I HATE Usagi's Japanese voice...)

Also I do hope they give the thing a few of the localization changes they had originally. Changing Usagi to Serena is probably an even better name then the original name (Where Usagi is just... a pun name...) given that it actually hints at her true character while also referring to the moon and being a more natural name.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:43:46 am by Neonivek »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: April 29, 2014, 03:15:36 pm »

Random question for you folk who like 90s anime:

Did Outlaw Star ever get better? After Hilda and all the interesting villains were killed off it kinda turned into shit. This was like, 5 episodes in and everything we watched after that was painful.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: April 29, 2014, 03:20:19 pm »

Random question for you folk who like 90s anime:

Did Outlaw Star ever get better? After Hilda and all the interesting villains were killed off it kinda turned into shit. This was like, 5 episodes in and everything we watched after that was painful.
it sorta redeemed itself near the end.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: April 29, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

You'll have to be more specific when you say "better". It's not a deep show in any way. It's more like D&D in space: a bunch of people travel together having various adventures, experiencing the occasional windfall which they spend entirely on weapons and so must live like hobos. Then they follow a certain quest and end up saving the galaxy.

If you're looking for plot or intrigue or character growth, there's not a lot of that going on, but that doesn't really detract from it since there's all kinds of cool stuff happening all the time. Frankly, I think JesuOtaku explains it better than I can.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: April 29, 2014, 06:43:06 pm »

So there is this new anime, Black Bullet, that I started watching.  Episode 4 came out today.  It first started out with some Loli stuff, but I forgave them when it evolved into something fairly cool.  Now I think it has devolved again, the pacing for this episode was horrible, and there were a ton of plot holes and dues ex machina moments.  Anyone else see it?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: April 29, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »

Goddamn Mahouka is doing my head in, like no airing anime ever before.

At the end of the last ep, there was a fight which lasted mere seconds, with the MC appearing to teleport all over and emitting "mystical" looking waves disabling everyone's attacks.

THEN, 5+ whole minutes of the current ep is spent with 3 girls + 1 guy all fangirling about how amazing the MC's fight was consisting entirely of bullshit "magical" jargon, which mightly impressed the girls. The other guy got verbal smackdowns twice from the girls for daring to comment:

MC: "Then, I discombobulated the quantum data rewriting stream of the escher flux"
girls: "WOW!"
Other Guy: "I think I know what you're talking about, Tatsuya"
Girl: "no you don't, because you're just a loser. Quick, let's get back to talking about how awesome Tatsuya is".

There were about 3 seconds of action in episode 4, the rest was all conversations about Tatsuya's powers, and people who might want to manipulate Tatsuya's powers. Seriously, each time there's a fight it's over too quick, then they talk for 5 minutes about what happened in the fight to an inane level of detail. One example that some reviewers brought up is imagine if each time Gandalf cast a spell in LOTR, they had a 10 minute discussion of how lightning magic works.
I read the manga and knew far well to stay away from this series, its just awful.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: April 29, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »

So there is this new anime, Black Bullet, that I started watching.  Episode 4 came out today.  It first started out with some Loli stuff, but I forgave them when it evolved into something fairly cool.  Now I think it has devolved again, the pacing for this episode was horrible, and there were a ton of plot holes and dues ex machina moments.  Anyone else see it?

Read the manga. You'll see a world of difference especially since the anime cuts out alot of the feels. Sadly, no one is translating the LN.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: April 29, 2014, 11:11:29 pm »

Read the manga. You'll see a world of difference especially since the anime cuts out alot of the feels. Sadly, no one is translating the LN.

Hm, thanks for the tip. I dropped it after seeing the first episode.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: April 30, 2014, 03:48:13 am »

I haven't seen much manga since local tv and cartoon network stopped airing stuff, but I've just realised Madman.com.au has a few full episodes of stuff which takes my fancy. There's actually a few full series there too, albiet small ones.
So I've got queued up episode 1 of:
Attack on Titan, Copperlion (all 13 episodes are there), Last exile - Silver wing, And the sacred blacksmith.
I'll post my opinions on the series here after I'm done. Also I wanted to check out the first ep of brotherhood, but I actually missed the last dozen or so episodes of Full metal alchemist and don't want to get confused by the reimagined one.
Er and, Though it's not anime, the live action Battleship Yamamoto is on my to be watched list.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 2193