Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066970 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17145 on: April 18, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »

Spoiler: Here. NSFW? (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »

I'm sorely disappointed that he didn't have little LED pasties.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: April 18, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »

Kill la Kill cosplay is a real gift to exhibitionists everywhere

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: April 18, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »

I'm sorely disappointed that he didn't have little LED pasties.

What I find funny is that the look is so generic in that picture you could have told me it was a L from deathnote cosplay where the guy started taking off his shirt.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »

I can't see any way cosplaying Kill la Kill that won't end up in a horrible case of sexual harassment.
Honestly, not a great idea. This year's anime conventions will be incredibly uncomfortable for anyone attending who is not a massive pervert.
Which is why all Saint-Petersburgh anime conventions, as far as I know, have an unofficial but brutally enforced rule that prohibits sexual harassment in any form. People will beat you up. My friend once showed me a video he took where a fat guy was talking shit to a girl in some very frilly, I assume magical girl, costume and a ripped dude cosplaying Guile walked up to him and hit him with a chair. And then twenty-something people gathered around him and played an old Russian game of "kick the guy on the ground" until they got bored. The fat guy called the cops but the cops didn't do anything because everybody else told them that he got high and deliberately picked a fight with the Guile cosplayer and also because cops in Russia generally don't give a shit about assault charges.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: April 18, 2014, 11:10:36 pm »

Plus, you know, what the person is wearing is no excuse to harass them. Sexually or otherwise.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: April 18, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »

Plus, you know, what the person is wearing is no excuse to harass them. Sexually or otherwise.
Whenever I hear the old "If she didn't want to be harassed/raped she should've worn a longer skirt/shirt with less cleavage/whatever!" argument, I usually reply with "What if I take a pistol and blow your brains out right now and then say that if you didn't want to get shot in the head you should've worn a helmet?". It usually shuts them up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: April 18, 2014, 11:37:51 pm »

I can't see any way cosplaying Kill la Kill that won't end up in a horrible case of sexual harassment.
Honestly, not a great idea. This year's anime conventions will be incredibly uncomfortable for anyone attending who is not a massive pervert.
*Story*

This somehow doesn't come off to me as a "This is why you don't harass people" given the disproportionate retribution involved and the fact that even when the police are rightfully involved don't do anything.

This is more like a horror story about "why you should never go to cons in Russia" or "This is why Russia sucks as a place to live".

Whenever I hear the old "If she didn't want to be harassed/raped she should've worn a longer skirt/shirt with less cleavage/whatever!" argument, I usually reply with "What if I take a pistol and blow your brains out right now and then say that if you didn't want to get shot in the head you should've worn a helmet?". It usually shuts them up.

Of course the threat of murder would shut most people up.

As well the fact of the matter is that there is a half-truth to the matter... and it is as such: People always want all the advantages of acting and dressing in a certain fashion, but they don't want any of the disadvantages.

Heck I could imagine it being right in other ways as well, if I was wearing a suit that specifically gave focus on my crotch I'd have no right to complain if people were ogling it. Mind you I am speaking in an extreme, a shirt that shows off cleavage isn't an "equal example" since I am referring to something like a cod piece.

Where the argument falls short is that there is a certain amount of respect you should show everyone regardless of what they are wearing or acting. As well at a Con it is already common knowledge that everyone there is wearing their costumes to look like a character, not to be openly flirtatious with everyone... and even if they were, your advances are very heavy handed and terrible.

Mind you I am sure most of the people who outright harass girls at cons aren't "misinformed" they are likely just creeps who really should just stay away from cons.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:04:48 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: April 19, 2014, 07:03:14 am »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: April 19, 2014, 07:14:51 am »

*Story*

This somehow doesn't come off to me as a "This is why you don't harass people" given the disproportionate retribution involved and the fact that even when the police are rightfully involved don't do anything.

This is more like a horror story about "why you should never go to cons in Russia" or "This is why Russia sucks as a place to live".
What can I say? Russia has awful legal enforcement system and as a result a rich tradition of mob justice.

It's not the threat of murder that does the trick, it's their own argument exagerrated to showcase it's absurdity.

Anyway, back to anime.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:21:22 am by Knit tie »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: April 19, 2014, 07:50:28 am »

It's not the threat of murder that does the trick, it's their own argument exagerrated to showcase it's absurdity.
Of course in civilized countries we have gun control.
So we've already fixed that problem by removing all penises.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:36:04 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: April 19, 2014, 07:55:09 am »

So tempted to quote that.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: April 19, 2014, 07:57:08 am »

Of course in all civilized countries we have gun control.
So we've already fixed that problem by removing all penises.
?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: April 19, 2014, 09:04:58 am »

On the subject of "No game, No life"
Spoiler: .gif (click to show/hide)
It's got an anime adaption already.
Apparently quite a good one.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:11:02 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:03 am »

On the subject of "No game, No life"
Spoiler: .gif (click to show/hide)
It's got an anime adaption already.
Apparently quite a good one.
Man, this thing. I started reading it, but I really am not sure if I can bear to continue. Yes, it's lampooning a truckload of stupid habits in the medium, with the main characters firmly perched atop the fourth wall, but the series is having its cake and eating it too, indulging in the same creepy, fetishistic crap that it mocks. Granted, the concept is decent, and there were moments that made me laugh, but it just felt so hypocritical. It's taking the piss out of the whole "it's okay that they're acting like that because they're not really brother and sister", the old paedo-bait, censor-steamed inexplicable bath scene (for three pages, heh), etc. by... just playing it straight and adding self-aware commentary via the characters. No.

The 'world-of-games' + bonded-at-the-hip NEET siblings + parody is pretty nice conceptually, but in terms of execution... again, no.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 2193