Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074790 times)

MaxMoore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15300 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »

Yes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:30 pm »

Still reading Vinland Saga. Action, drama, and fantastic facial hair, what's not to like?

Random thought for the day: Rule #87 of Harem-genre shows: If a new male character is introduced and draws attention away from the male lead, they are either evil, secretly gay, or secretly a woman. In the latter two cases they will without fail fall for the male lead themselves.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: September 30, 2013, 09:47:29 pm »

There can only be one...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15303 on: October 01, 2013, 01:21:07 am »

Rule Number One of Tsundere-related stuff.

The Tsundere will always hit the male lead with potentially fatal weaponry, but the male lead will develop spider-man reflexes and avoid lethal blows...suffering only partial ones as the concrete of the road will crack without a doubt.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:48 am »

Still reading Vinland Saga. Action, drama, and fantastic facial hair, what's not to like?

Random thought for the day: Rule #87 of Harem-genre shows: If a new male character is introduced and draws attention away from the male lead, they are either evil, secretly gay, or secretly a woman. In the latter two cases they will without fail fall for the male lead themselves.
Are you saying everybody wants Thorfinn's ass.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: October 01, 2013, 09:57:09 am »

Are you saying everybody wants Thorfinn's ass.
Are you saying that they don't? Icelandic warrior with a revenge kick = secksy.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: October 03, 2013, 07:51:23 pm »

KILL LA KILL!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: October 03, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »

Attack on Titan Episode 25 is out and subbed.
Spoiler: After credits content (click to show/hide)
I had no idea what you were on about, so i rewatched the episode and let the credits run and BOOM.

I dont think my neck has ever done that before.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: October 04, 2013, 12:35:05 pm »

Bam, haven't posted a Manga Suggestion for a while due nothing really new appearing in my view, almost everything thats been updating these days are that of the Girlmanga/Josei (over the top in a males/my view), famous manga that everyone already knows about or just the "starts out good but after the 4th chapter it starts going shit" mangas. BUT...

Here are two...

Baketeriya - http://mangafox.me/manga/baketeriya/
Warning, can be a bit Ecchi, not over the top NSFW styled but there is a bit of over the top T/A moments late in the manga...

Site Blurb -
Every good thing in Naoya Kamitani's life comes with a catch: He managed to get into a prestigious university... missing the fine print that he'll be sacrificed to appease dark beings. When he arrives at the school, he immediately runs into a man with all the answers... who never tells him the whole truth. A rather pretty girl wants him all to herself... as her dinner. He gains the favor of the richest, most influential girl in school... and she's a total sadist. He even finds out he has a daughter... who sets fire to everything when she gets excited. Will Naoya come out on top? It's a long road ahead of him..

Personal Blurb -
At first I thought this was a Horror manga, Heck the tags are that of Horror, but I guess thats cause there is a little violence and the threat of a human being eaten by Youkai, yes Youkai. If you don't know what they are, consider them the minor gods of Japan. They are the things such as Animal/Plant/Inanimate Object kinda sprites. Seen the movie Sprited Away? Them...
Anyway, its more a comedy then anything else as you follow a young man's life as a human sacrifice for the Youkai, acting as Bait to gather and feed them from all around Kyoto. Things are crazy as you see both the main cast and the new members of this group interact with eachother and the human side of their world. Crazy things happen, and its worth the read...
SADLY, it looks like its another Rushed Ending due to cancelization coming up or something. So after 23 Chapters the Manga comes to a end, its not satisfying but it comes to an end...

The Gamer - http://mangafox.me/manga/the_gamer/
Site Blurb -
What would happen if your world suddenly turned into a game?
If you could level up and raise your stats?
An adventure of a life-turned-game

Personal Blurb -
Really only just started being uploaded last month, so that kinda explains why the Blurb is not much. Anyway, 4 Chapters have come out at the time of this post, each are quite interesting and advance the story well. Its a Korean Style Webtoon, so long pages to scroll down and great artwork to go with it (why do the Koreans write them like this? I don't mind but my Mousewheel is getting more work)...
The story follows a young man in his Highschool days that on one day or such he gained a weird ability, everything started to become more Gamelike to him. Above others heads appeared their Names and Levels. Heck even special "Class Tags" above that, even his mum has one which is.... Wait <???> ?!?!?! Ehh moving on...
Basicly, he has started to live his life much like you would if the world itself was a game, Working Out/Study/Etc all gain him Exp. Which after reaching a quota you level up and get stat points to throw into your "SPECIAL". Heck, imagine that the next time you get asked to go down to the shops for your Mum that she gets a good old ? (Quest Marker) above her head. Woot Quest EXP...
Welp, still, would be interesting. That is until you walk into something a little more interesting...
Great Art, Fantastic Story *So Far*...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: October 04, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »

Has everyone seen the IMBD Parental Guide for Berserk III yet?  I think you need to.  Maybe NSFW if your boss is offended by words.

Spoilers for the Berserk Golden Age Arc, obviously

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: October 04, 2013, 04:50:40 pm »

Has everyone seen the IMBD Parental Guide for Berserk III yet?  I think you need to.  Maybe NSFW if your boss is offended by words.

BUT this is like the best gore movie ever!

Finished watching Kill La Kill, im recommending to everyone that ever watched Gurren Lagann. Has all of the same massive battles, badass peeps, and of course eyecandy...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15311 on: October 04, 2013, 05:21:27 pm »

Kill La Kill recommendation

Hmm...

Quote from: Wikipedia
Kill la Kill (キルラキル Kiru ra Kiru) is a television anime series in production by Trigger.
Trigger Inc. (株式会社トリガー Kabushiki kaisha Torigā), also known as Studio Trigger, is a Japanese animation studio founded by former Gainax employees Hiroyuki Imaishi and Masahiko Ohtsuka in August 2011.
The series, which is Trigger's first original television anime project, is directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi and written by Kazuki Nakashima, both of whom had previously worked together on Gurren Lagann.

Former employees of my favorite studio making something similar to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which they worked on? Sold.
Now I just need Hideaki Anno's Studio Khara to finish up the last Rebuild film and come out with brand new stuff, which will be teh aweszomesz.
I love you GAINAX. You make great stuff, and then when people leave you they leave to make more great stuff. You are the best.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: October 04, 2013, 06:23:12 pm »

Total rating: 38/50
Well at least nobody's smoking!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

People are seen drinking ale in a few scenes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »

People are seen drinking ale in a few scenes.
Well that's gone and done it. Can't let my kids watch Berserk after all if there's drinking.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 2193