Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075869 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15090 on: September 08, 2013, 10:14:07 pm »

Here's a link to the original music video with translated lyrics for anyone who's confused.

I've managed to get up to 4 titans. Those damn variants, though. Levi is best choice >________>
Eh, I like Mikasa better. Maybe I just had better luck with her, though. Still at a 4-titan max for now.
I keep switching between the two, I tried Armin, but I have no idea what his special is supposed to do :? It's probably something awesome that nobody can use properly.

His pose emanates such derpyness that is used properly it causes the Titans to stop walking so they can point and laught at him. No seriously. That's actually what it does.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: September 08, 2013, 10:16:25 pm »

Speaking of which, thinking about getting into Shingeki no Unrelated Video. Is the manga okay or should I go with the anime for some reason?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: September 08, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »

So I am thinking about finishing that anime I gave up on. Monogani or something... Whatever... The Adventures of a Woman in China and the people who Love Her we shall call it.

I never felt more destroyed like the way it concluded the one storyline but if you know "Me" there is nothing move driven in me then finding out how an anime ends... no matter how bad it is... most of the time (There are rare exceptions).

Yet whenever I am about to start my brain goes "No whammies button" and I just can't.

UGH! What do you guys do when Attack on Titan disappoints you in everyway and stomps on your heart and soul so hard that even the thought of it makes you puke? How do you go back to it?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: September 08, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »

It doesn't?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: September 08, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »

Speaking of which, thinking about getting into Shingeki no Unrelated Video. Is the manga okay or should I go with the anime for some reason?
I'd say both. The anime is actually better in some ways, but it hasn't caught up to the current chapter of the manga.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: September 08, 2013, 11:49:06 pm »

It doesn't?

Yeah, it really doesn't.  The shows that did that were called "Naruto" and "Bleach," and I stopped watching them and started telling everyone all over the internet how superior Dragonball and One Piece are.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: September 08, 2013, 11:56:57 pm »

In terms of action, the anime is better, it has some of the coolest combat scenes I've seen in a good long while. In terms of the gore and horror elements, I would say the manga. It also handles some scenes better, but it's a toss up because occasionally the anime does instead.
Honestly they are both about even and it's entirely based on what you consider more important or easier to experience.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: September 09, 2013, 12:08:09 am »

I feel like they're both really valuable, and I'm following both (this is actually the first time I've done this in memory--the quality is that high).  The manga artist has some trouble telegraphing actions, but I feel like his art is very intense, so I like to read the manga first and then watch the anime as it comes out to help clarify exactly what happened when.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: September 09, 2013, 12:27:12 am »

This is unrelated to the current conversation, but I think I've managed to articulate the major things that bug me about AoT.

Spoiler: Pretty Spoilery (click to show/hide)

All that said, it's a fantastic series and I haven't been gripped by anything quite as strongly in a very, very long time. I highly recommend the anime, and I should read the manga.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: September 09, 2013, 12:31:45 am »

I fully agree on all points.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: September 09, 2013, 02:51:06 am »

This is unrelated to the current conversation, but I think I've managed to articulate the major things that bug me about AoT.

Spoiler: Pretty Spoilery (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoT Spoilers Again. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:56:01 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: September 09, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: September 10, 2013, 03:19:00 am »

Hmmmm just an aside.

I was thinking back to those notes you often see while watching an anime that explain concepts or esoteric knowledge you might not know (usually about Japan). The most common being explaining what Golden week is. I mean sometimes I've also seen this in mangas where they would give commentary on subtle language use (like one where someone says she was so hungry she could eat a cat... And the comment mentioned that the implication was that she has)

Yet if I have to think of the most patronizing subs it would definitely be Case Closed.

Where they once had to explain what an Iguana was...

I honestly don't think that can be topped.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:23:47 am by Neonivek »

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: September 10, 2013, 04:17:40 am »

Hmmmm just an aside.

I was thinking back to those notes you often see while watching an anime that explain concepts or esoteric knowledge you might not know (usually about Japan). The most common being explaining what Golden week is. I mean sometimes I've also seen this in mangas where they would give commentary on subtle language use (like one where someone says she was so hungry she could eat a cat... And the comment mentioned that the implication was that she has)

Yet if I have to think of the most patronizing subs it would definitely be Case Closed.

Where they once had to explain what an Iguana was...

I honestly don't think that can be topped.

I only know what Iguana is thanks to Fallout.

But I love TL notes and such. They are neccessity in animes such as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or Excel Saga where the japanese pop references would just fly over my head. (dat blackboards in SZS)
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 2193