Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077244 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14895 on: August 29, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »

I do find it hilarious how in all the artworks showing Mikasa in anything revealing she's depicted with the physique you would expect from someone of her strength and ability.

I also love that the most popular character has the ugliest, and least-anime haircut by far.

Ugly and non-anime? So like a bob cut?... no wait that is anime.

Mullet! yes mullets for girls aren't anime.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14896 on: August 29, 2013, 09:19:02 pm »

He's a young man with some of his flowing locks shaved in the back.  I don't think I've ever seen that on a hero-type in animoo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: August 29, 2013, 09:24:41 pm »

He's a young man with some of his flowing locks shaved in the back.  I don't think I've ever seen that on a hero-type in animoo.

Crazy impossible and stupid looking hair?

That is very anime. Now if it was a color unnatural in the world, that would be bonus points.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

No, his hair is even black.  The douchy-looking one on the right.

That's not standard anime hair at all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: August 29, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

No, his hair is even black.  The douchy-looking one on the right.

That's not standard anime hair at all.

No it is certainly anime...

I have never EVER seen anyone but a minor character have that hair cut though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:37 pm »

Wat, really?  I've seen shaved heads, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone with the lower skull shaved and the rest of it grown long.  Examples?  Maybe it's mostly in a different genre than I read.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:59 pm »

Wat, really?  I've seen shaved heads, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone with the lower skull shaved and the rest of it grown long.  Examples?  Maybe it's mostly in a different genre than I read.

As I said ONLY ultra-minor punk characters... Mostly because they are allowed to be outright ugly.

Anyhow, I am trying to remember one but it is really tough to remember the names of all the animes I've seen.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:16 pm »

Ohh, well.  Apparently

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so that would explain why he has that hairdo, and also why I never paid characters with it any attention.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: August 29, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »

Personally, I find it rather refreshing that AoT lacks the sort of blatant in-your-face fanservice that many other animes have. Whether or not the belts and outfit are intended to be such is beyond my ability to guess, but at least Mikasa's chest isn't halfway falling out of her uniform or anything.

I'm not against fanservice as a rule, but there's a time and a place for it and fighting man-eating giants while your friends are dying horribly is neither.

And the hair isn't that anime.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »

I am against Fanservice that either ruins the pacing of the show or that calls attention to the fanservice over something much more important.

It is why Ghost in a Shell's fanservice is dreadful... Well unless the Chief's butt really was the key to saving mankind... (it is probably dealt with in the OVA)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: August 29, 2013, 11:53:27 pm »

Ohhh, now I get why he looks so weird.  He's got a cravat and a haircut that screams "I am a thug with no money or morals."  I feel like I remember that being a really low-class haircut I'd seen in a couple shows . . . maybe on peasants?

It is why Ghost in a Shell's fanservice is dreadful... Well unless the Chief's butt really was the key to saving mankind... (it is probably dealt with in the OVA)

Yeah.  I pretty much can't watch GitS for all the times Motoko is making an important speech and stands up in the frame so that all you can see is her dismembered torso.  It's an awesome show, but I really can't get over that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: August 30, 2013, 12:04:37 am »

I seriously don't see the fanservice people were complaining about in GiTS. All i remember in First Gig was when she was in a bed with kid and the kid pops up if she can do the nasty and she asks: "do you wanna try?"

it ain't fanservice when all the bodyparts are fake :P

UNLESS, you guys are referring to the manga where there was craptons of fanservice and Kusenagi is considered a lesbian then sure.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: August 30, 2013, 12:06:56 am »

Well the key is Tellemurius is to look at the screen and try to make out exactly where the cinematography is indicating importance.

Unless Ghost in a Shell's plot is about a Cameraman's quest to get close ups of booty... I may question it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:09:28 am by Neonivek »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: August 30, 2013, 12:08:43 am »

Well the key is Tellemurius is to look at the screen and try to make out exactly where the cinematography is indicating importance.

Unless Ghost in a Shell's plot is about a Cameraman's quest to get close ups of booty... I may question it.
I missed that by the gunfights, handtohand combat and the AI tanks.

It ain't fanservice unless theres a guy exploding somewhere on screen.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: August 30, 2013, 12:10:54 am »

*Sigh* I had a good image too.
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 2193