Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077793 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14715 on: August 23, 2013, 06:43:57 pm »

MORE HATE PLUS GOODNESS.  8)

Day 3 with *Mute.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Mute route is done! Next is some hateful days with *Hyun-ae.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14716 on: August 23, 2013, 10:01:08 pm »

Day 3 with *Mute.

Spoiler: Day 3 (click to show/hide)
Also often called Boowells.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14717 on: August 24, 2013, 12:40:12 am »

Amane should hopefully be at least entertaining, I hope.
Its most depressing route of them all, I've had to take breaks each 30-40 minutes to finish Angelic Howl in one sitting, not something I've expected after all that happy comedy in common route and silly, but still happy Sacchi route.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14718 on: August 24, 2013, 01:38:13 am »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:23:03 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14719 on: August 24, 2013, 02:25:02 am »

I cannot believe it.

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This wasn't a bad anime... but you know what... I give up.

Even the good ones. Even the good ones...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:44:47 am by Neonivek »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14720 on: August 24, 2013, 02:39:08 am »

Neonivek...give me the title please?

and a hint to all: do insert the name of the animes you're watching when you speak about them...how am I supposed to increase my anime-library otherwise!?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14721 on: August 24, 2013, 02:45:37 am »

Ok I edited and spoiled.

I just immediately stopped watching it right when that happened...

The only other thing I seen recently that came close (though practically SPACE AWAY) was Dangan-Ronpa where the finale was basically pasted together with take and glue to the extent where the game itself makes fun of the holes in the plot. Yet in that case it was just that I didn't find it funny.

Yet that was mildly disappointing and not a soul shattering explosion.

---

Ok I will be fair. It isn't the fact that they copped out of a storyline that killed me... It was essentially when and how they did it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:01:46 pm by Neonivek »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: August 24, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

Hi I've watched maoyuu

You poor soul. You only know a pitiful fragment of something truly great.

If you're looking for something similar to Maoyuu, try Spice and Wolf. Both deal heavily in economics and understanding how society operates behind the scenes.

If you're looking for mecha like the Gundam series, try Code Geass, Gurren Lagann or Eureka Seven. You may even want to delve into Neon Genesis Evangelion, though the mecha genre in that is only skin deep (and only a facade). There's probably much better recommendations for the mecha genre, I've just not gotten into it really.

If you liked Sword Art Online... uhh... well... don't tell anyone. Critical opinion of it is that it had a great concept and completely ruined it. I believe Accel World was made by the same person (or group) behind Sword Art Online. You may also be interested in looking into the .Hack/ series.

For Hajime no Ippo... does Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple have an anime? If it does, you may like that. They aren't really that close, but they have similarities.

If you'd like to do some searching yourself, look up Gigguk's Anime Zone, GRArkada's Glass Reflections and Holden's... Holden Reviews on YouTube. I find that I generally agree with their reviews, or at least find their criticisms accurate. If you like them at all, you can also do a search for PodTaku, a Podcast between them and xDisturbedJeans as they talk about pretty much anything anime related. I didn't mention xDisturbedJeans's reviews because I've not actually seen any and thus can't vouch for her.

Saikano

... twitch...

I have watched spice and wold and to those who said which gundams i like  its SEED and double OO.

An macross ive heard of but i just can't find a place to watch it. also wow what a lively thread 0.0

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14723 on: August 24, 2013, 06:49:14 pm »

The obvious place to start for mecha would probably be Gundam Wing, then, since you haven't seen it. But yeah, Code Geass would probably be another good series for you.

As for Macross, it's basically impossible to find a free stream of any of the series thanks to very active lawyers. I used to have a link to a site that hosted the original SDFM, but I don't know what happened to it. It's fairly difficult to find DVDs, too, even if you wanted to invest the money in it. IIRC it might be on Netflix, though, and you should be able to get a free trial for that. Oh, and what you're looking for is not Robotech.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14724 on: August 24, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »

Robotech was a fun rental game, aside from that I don't know much about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: August 24, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »

I didn't like Gundam SEED very much. Not sure if it's the art style or the characters or what, but I really couldn't get into it. I loved 00 Gundam though, and Victory Gundam was probably one of my favourites, though apparently no one else liked Victory very much so maybe I'm not a good barometer.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14726 on: August 24, 2013, 07:05:08 pm »

TOO MANY GUNDAMS I CAN"T KEEP TRACK!

Their not bad although i have felt that some series are...too old for me to watch if you know what i mean.

Watched code gease and was throughly pleased with the ending. An damn how old is macross by the way?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: August 24, 2013, 07:07:53 pm »

~25?

* Haspen pure guess.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14728 on: August 24, 2013, 07:41:09 pm »

When it comes to mecha I got on well with the first two Patlabor films. They're an at least mildly humorous drama about a Tokyo police division who pilot mecha. When I watched it with some friends they complained that there was too much talking so your mileage may vary.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: August 24, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

~25?

* Haspen pure guess.

Macross Frontier is a more modern (and easier to find) alternative, and it still runs on the concept of transforming fighter planes fighting aliens with the power of J-pop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 2193