Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077866 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13740 on: May 06, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »

I doubt this season will cover the entire manga so far.  If they do a second season though I have no idea.  It might do a FMA.
Episode 5 was freaking great.  Goddamn.

Probably gonna be this season's Fate/Zero (only this time I don't know the ending)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:36:35 pm by Leafsnail »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: May 07, 2013, 12:11:40 am »

But later on, once things have changed, that same song comes back... and against a new backdrop, it's evolved into something soulful and terribly bittersweet. Like this little note of hope, trying to rise above despair.

I cannot tell you how frickin' relieved I was to hear that song when it finally came back again :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: May 07, 2013, 01:20:40 am »

Last Madoka thing. When you first see Mami's transformation sequence, with the colors and the flowers and the cute hop-skip and etc., that soaring chorale in the background just seems cutesy and saccharine, and kinda silly. But later on, once things have changed, that same song comes back... and against a new backdrop, it's evolved into something soulful and terribly bittersweet. Like this little note of hope, trying to rise above despair. Damned good song.
The movie remade alot of the character's songs, they aren't bad, they removed the choir but it sounds alot more clearer.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: May 07, 2013, 01:34:30 am »

Actually, I really liked the choral bits... reminded me of church hymns, just with a softly-driving J-Pop baseline under them. Not sure how I'd feel about it without that. :/

On a completely unrelated note, I just discovered some proto-Gainax work, being generally insane and Otakutastic in the most amazing ways possible, and thought I'd share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE&feature=youtu.be&t=2m8s

EDIT: Pausing it at various points, I found Mothra Larva, Yoda, Doremon, Nausicaa, Alys Landale, Conan the Barbarian, the robot from the cover of Metropolis, A Pern-style Dragonrider, Aslan, Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz, Lupin III, Speed Racer, Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon... all kinds of shit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:52:43 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: May 07, 2013, 01:41:01 am »

Man, I really miss the old animation style... Specifically, I really used to like the way they did female bodies.  The legs look so much more elegant.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: May 07, 2013, 01:46:53 am »

IT really depends on the artist, i had issues with the differences on GiTS for Motoko's design. Her ARISE design is looking good though, i do prefer it over Shirow's artwork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: May 07, 2013, 01:48:18 am »

Ah, I specifically liked Rumiko Takahashi, Toriyama of course, and whoever did Video Girl AI. . . man, SHE had a really cute design.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: May 07, 2013, 02:27:39 am »

I'm pretty fond of Leiji Matsumoto, of Captain Harlock/Galaxy Express fame. His work has this gorgeous Art Nouveau quality that I'm really fond of, even if most of the ladies are twigs. If nothing else, they're classy twigs, wearing exceptionally classy clothes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:39 am »

Actually, I really liked the choral bits... reminded me of church hymns, just with a softly-driving J-Pop baseline under them. Not sure how I'd feel about it without that. :/

On a completely unrelated note, I just discovered some proto-Gainax work, being generally insane and Otakutastic in the most amazing ways possible, and thought I'd share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE&feature=youtu.be&t=2m8s

EDIT: Pausing it at various points, I found Mothra Larva, Yoda, Doremon, Nausicaa, Alys Landale, Conan the Barbarian, the robot from the cover of Metropolis, A Pern-style Dragonrider, Aslan, Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz, Lupin III, Speed Racer, Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon... all kinds of shit.
That video....  looked like something that would come out of a self-insert/oc fanfiction.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: May 07, 2013, 07:29:52 am »

Hell yeah, have some more oldschool Daicon animation.

Also related, is the use of Twilight (the song from Daicon IV) in Densha Otoko jdrama opening - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4xCvGW2Nw.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: May 07, 2013, 10:55:22 am »

That video....  looked like something that would come out of a self-insert/oc fanfiction.
It was gloriously '80s.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »

And pre-copyright I guess??

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:51 pm »

Man, I really miss the old animation style... Specifically, I really used to like the way they did female bodies.  The legs look so much more elegant.

Would that really work today with everyone being 12?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: May 07, 2013, 01:05:41 pm »

Probably not, but they could also consider having more fighting characters of a reasonable age.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13754 on: May 07, 2013, 01:11:21 pm »

Probably not, but they could also consider having more fighting characters of a reasonable age.

Like 13?
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 2193