Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077703 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13680 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »

Anybody read Centaur no Nayami? It's a slice of life manga about monster people doing normal things taken to it's logical conclusion. Very cute and also has some obligatory social commentary.

LaDestitute

• Bay Watcher
  • Razor Sharp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: April 30, 2013, 09:58:29 am »

No, I haven't. Has anybody here watched an anime called Gilgamesh?
Zelda Gamekit

The following is true: The former is false.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: April 30, 2013, 11:31:34 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:59:50 pm by Bronimin »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: April 30, 2013, 11:48:33 am »

Kara no Shoujo was okay.  It's probably the best "detective" VN I've read.  The sequel came out in February and there's that separate "prequel" game that isn't translated either though.

The art in the manga of SnK/AoT starts off pretty sketchy so it's possible the jaggedness would throw their appearances off.  I think they look pretty similar.  I find it pretty funny I read the manga literally a few weeks before the anime announcement, psychic powers.

EDIT:
EVA 3.0......... what the hell!?!?
Yeah Rebuild 3 was fucking silly.  I was pretty into it the entire time though, it should have been three times longer!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:50:38 am by ToonyMan »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: April 30, 2013, 12:15:40 pm »

EVA 3.0......... what the hell!?!?
Yeah Rebuild 3 was fucking silly.  I was pretty into it the entire time though, it should have been three times longer!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: April 30, 2013, 12:35:28 pm »

My girlfriend recommended Prism to me.

I have yet to stop reading it. I have final projects to do.

And I'm reading an adorable Yuri.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: April 30, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »

The only kind of Yuri I read is the adorable kind. Which is pretty much the only kind of Yuri I've ever seen. :P

Basically I'm saying all Yuri is adorable.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:57 am »

It's a shame it was so short. Have you any recommendations? I'm suddenly desiring more girls blushing at each other.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:53 am »

It's a shame it was so short. Have you any recommendations? I'm suddenly desiring more girls blushing at each other.

Only one I've read was "Girlfriends" by Milk Morinaga. That was a nice story, and I never read romance books.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: May 01, 2013, 08:58:06 am »

Only one I've read was "Girlfriends" by Milk Morinaga. That was a nice story, and I never read romance books.

Blushing or is there more to it?

Because Card Captor Sakura is somewhat known for having strong homosexual overtones while keeping it child friendly and not outright saying it.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:26 am »

Well the most recent one I read was a Persona 4, Rise/Naoto Yuri called The Spell of Love. It's cute, but also very short, although a sequel is apparently in the works.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:37 am »

Blushing or is there more to it?

Because Card Captor Sakura is somewhat known for having strong homosexual overtones while keeping it child friendly and not outright saying it.

Hm... more to it. It's a romance novel first and foremost, so it's all tastefully done. I found it to be quite believable and happy overall, and it's rather long as there's 5 volumes.

I'd recommend reading it, it's quite easy to find copies online through Google.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: May 02, 2013, 02:21:18 am »

Meh, I've seen episodes 1-4 of Madoka and... so far, I'm actually not very impressed with where it's gone with its promise.  I think part of it is a sort of distaste for the 13-episode season length.  I can feel the constraints closing in on the story's expression, and it's giving me a bit too much of what I don't want for the inevitable deconstruction to seem worth it (I think I already know the big key spoiler and I think I might have guessed it without being told, anyway).  26-episodes is definitely my sweet spot.

I'm going to keep watching, but I'm not expecting anything in particular.  I guess most of it is just a particular amount of data per episode (I want either more questions or more answers!  I've finished 1/3 of the series, dammit!), and I really am not enjoying watching Madoka cry anymore.  The weeping heroine trope, while cute, is a trope of passivity and reactivity that I'm becoming bored by--I'm not saying it's a bad model, just not the one I prefer.

Oh well.  I'll see how it goes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: May 02, 2013, 02:26:15 am »

The weeping heroine trope, while cute, is a trope of passivity and reactivity that I'm becoming bored by--I'm not saying it's a bad model, just not the one I prefer.

Spoiler: Maybe a spoiler? (click to show/hide)
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: May 02, 2013, 02:52:25 am »

I think I already know the big key spoiler and I think I might have guessed it without being told, anyway.

Can you give us your theory, in spoiler tags? I'd be interested to see how it matches up to the real thing.

Oh and don't real Glowcat's spoiler until you finish.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:54:05 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 2193